I did not know JB was a pilot.

Is Airplane Looney News next?

GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I didn't know I was a pilot either!

Apparently the flying writer John Barsness lives in Idaho. There aren't too many of us, but when I attended the University of Montana in the late 1970's, at one point there were three of us were going there. Luckily we all had different majors, so didn't confuse our professors.

My brother Jim and I grew up in Bozeman, and though neither of us have lived there in a long time, a few years ago another John Barsness (an artist, whom I've met) and another Jim Barsness both lived there--and got phone calls from people assuming they were us.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
You could get a pilot's license and really confuse people.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's getting so you can't sling a dead cat without hitting a John Barsness. wink

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At least your namesakes are gainfully employed. Mine usually resemble the guy in my avatar, have a 7-year stretch in the state pen behind them, single digit credit scores, bench warrants for back child support, and a couple of CDS charges hanging over their heads.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Mule Deer: FWIW, general aviation is great, especially the backcountry variety. I think you should get crackin on the private pilot's license.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
MD__
Oh, I think you need to log into aviation webforums under your real name and say the most outrageous stuff.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bricktop
At least your namesakes are gainfully employed. Mine usually resemble the guy in my avatar, have a 7-year stretch in the state pen behind them, single digit credit scores, bench warrants for back child support, and a couple of CDS charges hanging over their heads.

Bricktop, I know the feeling. Two guys in this small town had my last nameas their last and my middle as their first. One is a local bid-niss man, very reputable and properly conservative, the other a drug dealer. Cops for some time would show up, warrant in hand, to arrest 'me,' but one look at me would tell them they had the wrong, well, 'me' (nicest way to say it). That guy eventually went to the gray-bar hotel for life, I think it was. when he got caught up in a major drug deal gone bad

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bricktop

Jackson, Jefferson or Washington?

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

398 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 32 invisible), 2,592 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,796
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.