Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
grinYAAAAAYYYY! VELCOME TO DER DARKSIDE!!!! grin Betcha there's NO disappointment wid DAT rifle gun!!! grin

Rumor has it, it is capable of whacking a bison with one shot. DRT. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sweet! congrats, Ed!

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Mac84
Wow. Veddy nice Ed.

Jim is a baaaad influence.

He was the instigator, sharpsguy and Crossfireoops were the guys that put BP into my veins. laugh

Lets just say I'm addicted now. blush

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Nice ED

All I know is stay away from ET. He'll get you hooked.
Be sure to invite Gunner500 and the knife maker down. Bet they can help on proper loads.

Thanks, Gordon. I'm going over to sharpsguy's house tomorrow and bug him. shocked grin

I think we ought to have a BPCR shoot (short range of course, 400 yards & less) here.

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
sweet! congrats, Ed!

Thanks, Patrick! I'll let you shoot it if you would like. Maybe twice. grin

Any idea when yours will be ready?

Ed

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Nice ED

All I know is stay away from ET. He'll get you hooked.
Be sure to invite Gunner500 and the knife maker down. Bet they can help on proper loads.

Thanks, Gordon. I'm going over to sharpsguy's house tomorrow and bug him. shocked grin

I think we ought to have a BPCR shoot (short range of course, 400 yards & less) here.

Ed

Sounds like a deal. Of course I don't have one so I'll watch.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Gorgeous. One of these days. Maybe. Need to launch a few downrange and then think about it. wink

Congrats, Ed!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Gorgeous. One of these days. Maybe. Need to launch a few downrange and then think about it. wink
Congrats, Ed!

I'm not an impulse buyer. Never have been. Three times in my life I have tried something and was immediately hooked. The second was white water rafting in a cataraft, the third time was shooting crossfireoops' Sharps. The first time was in my parent's basement when I was a teenager... blush grin

What I'm getting at, Leighton, is once you pull the trigger on one of these, there is no going back.

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Sounds like a deal. Of course I don't have one so I'll watch.

B.S. You'll shoot mine and like it. laugh

Ed

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Very nice and fine wood to boot..congrats and enjoy! cool

Thanks, Woody. The pictures don't do justice to the figure in the wood. I need to get my oldest son, the professional photographer out here to do her up right. This is "semi-fancy" wood. I can only imagine what "fancy" with a buffed out finish looks like. grin

Ed
The pics look good to me. Congrats.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Late to the thread, but that is a very, very nice piece! Would like to handle and admire it--another reason you should be at Quemado.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Thanks. If we have this shoot, you need to come down and join in. I've been wanting to shake your hand for a while now and this is a good excuse. grin

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by mudhen
Late to the thread, but that is a very, very nice piece! Would like to handle and admire it--another reason you should be at Quemado.

Wish I could, Ben, but work demands that I be at a training conference in deep south Texas at 8:00 AM the Monday morning after the Quemado gathering. I'm pretty good at long distance driving, but that just won't be possible. frown

I don't see myself getting rid of this beauty any time soon, so I imagine you will have a chance to shoot her, too. grin

Ed

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Congrats, Ed!

I'm not an impulse buyer. Never have been. Three times in my life I have tried something and was immediately hooked. The second was white water rafting in a cataraft, the third time was shooting crossfireoops' Sharps. The first time was in my parent's basement when I was a teenager... blush grin

What I'm getting at, Leighton, is once you pull the trigger on one of these, there is no going back.

Ed

The first two make sense. What exactly was it about mucking out the sump pump in the cellar that made you instantly fall in love with it? Wait, I don't want to know.

wink

Ole Brent got me interested in those old war horses about 15 years back. He knocked over eland, zebra and a few others with one, and the big old holes (two per critter, in and out) that his made on everything he put one of those big ass hunks of lead to made me *really* interested in acquiring one. Er, checking one out I mean...

Between him, ET, Woody and now you, I figure I'm done for already. Damn the lot of you.

wink

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

The first two make sense. What exactly was it about mucking out the sump pump in the cellar that made you instantly fall in love with it? Wait, I don't want to know. I believe she would be offended if she knew you called it a sump pump! grin
wink
Ole Brent got me interested in those old war horses about 15 years back. He knocked over eland, zebra and a few others with one, and the big old holes (two per critter, in and out) that his made on everything he put one of those big ass hunks of lead to made me *really* interested in acquiring one. Er, checking one out I mean...
Between him, ET, Woody and now you, I figure I'm done for already. Damn the lot of you. wink

Check this out grin ;

Ed

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Sure do look forward to you showing us how that sweet lookin rifle shoots. cool

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I believe she would be offended if she knew you called it a sump pump! grin [/color]
wink

Hilarious and very nicely played sir! lol wink smile grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad you went with the straight grip,....

STRONGER, by far than the pistol grip setup.

...looking forward to spotting for you, you handle this particular style of arm better than most, and catch on fairly fast.

Congrats, on procuring what I call a "contemporary heirloom".
...long may the two of you run !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Thanks. If we have this shoot, you need to come down and join in. I've been wanting to shake your hand for a while now and this is a good excuse. grin

Ed
Well thank you too. I'd be glad to shake your hand and I love Texas. Been tied down with family obligations for awhile now though. You know how it is. lol Exceedingly nice equipment.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 49 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,090
Posts18,464,038
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.