Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Awhile back one of our .com friends vented here about Applebee's local restraunt in Grants Pass. I printed out the post and forwarded it to Applebee's corporate office. I informed them that the young lady in question is the daughter of a friend with whom I share a hobby so there would be no misunderstanding. I received the following email.

Dear Ringman,

I have received your email with your concerns about our Applebee�s in Grants Pass. I will be investigating all of these issues, and will address them myself. We are truly sorry for how your child felt about working at Applebee�s, and we can only hope that next year when she returns that she will give us another chance. Please give her my personal cell phone number if she wants to speak to me about any issues that need to be addressed that are not on this letter.

Marie Cole
Director of Operations Applbee�s

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
BP-B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I've never had a problem with Applebee's and we eat there a lot!

Camp is where you make it.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
the only problem that I have with applebee's is their food is terrible and overpriced. However they have always been friendly and helpful when I have, on rare occasions, eaten there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by heavywalker
the only problem that I have with applebee's is their food is terrible and overpriced. However they have always been friendly and helpful when I have, on rare occasions, eaten there.

Yep, Applebee's food sucks!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I sure hope her investigation is more accurate than her reading comprehension.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The menu is a maze and the service sucks here. I've had to go to the front and get our own silverware/napkins several times. Sloooooooow as well. But that's probably isolated.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You aint done much livin if you think that's good eatin there.

I know a couple of near-octogenarian school lunch ladies that could kick their asses in the kitchen.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag

At least one response to this thread gets it.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by heavywalker

Yep, Applebee's food sucks!

What he said twice!!!!!!!!!!!

Never more quoth the raven....never more.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by 12344mag

At least one response to this thread gets it.

The more time I spend on the internet, the more I'm convinced most people can't or won't read anything before voicing an opinion

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Or they don't give a schit what people have to say and find another topic more interesting to talk about. YMMV

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never saw the OP I guess eh?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Not that this post referenced. I figured the lady found it hard to believe that someone sent her an email with a link to a post on an internet forum of a friend that has a daughter that was...

I commented to Tzone, not the OP.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never had a problem with their food. Not great, pretty typical for chain restaurant stuff, I thought. I usually try to go to non-chain restaurants. Seems like they take a little more pride in the quality of the product they put on the table.

My daughter applied at an Applebee's up here and they screwed the pooch on the interview process with her. She rearranged her work and school schedules to make it to a scheduled interview only to find the manager decided two days prior to that to take a day off. A phone call to reschedule would have been nice......
When she did try to reschedule, they couldn't find her info,either in their computers or elsewhere. Two strikes is all you get, she got a job at one of their competitors.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not real sure how Applebees is even still business

"I'll beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. Play for blood, remember?" Doc Holliday
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
our local one closed down because the service was so bad.

literally they had so many complaints over the years along with high turnover, they just shuttered the doors.

There are too many choices in that area so I never thought about eating there. The local paper did a story on it closing.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't often eat at chain restaurants , but when I do Applebee's is way down on the list. There food is awful.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I think their ribs kick ass.

MAGA
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I love it whenever a thread about a chain restaurant comes up, out come the food purists declaring their food sucks. Soon the declarations come that nothing's worth eating unless it came from the local joint that gets all their vegetables from their very own garden which is fertilized by poop from a virgin ox that's been grazed on nothing but the finest alfalfa hay cut only under a full moon.

Applebee's food is decent enough or else they wouldn't be in business. I travel for a living and eat at them often enough. I like their caesar salad dressing, I'm picky about my caesar dressing and they have a good one. I can always find something pretty decent on the menu at Applebees. Service is mostly a regional thing I've found, I've had really good service and really bad service at Applebees as well as pretty much all the other chain joints. What makes the most difference is the manager and the ethnic makeup of the waitstaff. You can usually find good service in college towns because the staff is mostly college kids and they hustle for the tips. You'll usually get good service in the mountain west or pacific northwest, as well as northern new england. Get farther south in new england where they're more "attitudinal" and service is usually pretty bad. Go to Memphis or Birmingham and get a ethnic manager with ethnic waitresses and you might as well get your own food.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Applebees has bad lighting, sorry but I like to see what I'm eating. What are they trying to hide anyways?

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
710 members (10gaugemag, 204guy, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 78 invisible), 2,939 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,767
Posts18,401,495
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.