Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by KFWA
I'm changing oil on my Suzuki in my shop right now, and yes I have a computer in mine but that is strictly for looking up schematics of motors and such and Christy Canyon booby pics.

oh and posting horseshit on here.

my wife is welcome in my shop too, especially after I've been looking at internet boobies for awhile

What year is your Samurai?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Listen people. I'm not one to interfere with a man's thread, but I have been invited to these self-proclaimed "man caves." And I'm here to tell you, they're gayer than AIDS.

I was in Poland once and a neighbor of the home I was visiting invited us all over to see his "man cave." I leaped at the opportunity because I misinterpreted what a "man cave" was. I was relatively certain he was going to show us a vagina, but he didn't.

He showed us the remnants of the Artist Formerly Known as His Garage. Holy fuggin'-fugg! He put in a bar, and a couch, and stools, and chairs, and all kinds of ornaments and stupid schit. It appeared as though Oprah had morphed with Jean Claude Van Damme and menstruated all over the floor. It was awful. Just fuggin' awful. Holy fugg. It was bad.

If you are going to have a place that you would like to deem "your own" (which I would persuade you not to do because in my house it is ALL mine, and if I choose to schit in the middle of the living room floor I goddamm will because I make the payments) please make it a normal dwelling. A place where one can change oil, gunsmith, reload, skin a coyote, urinate, butcher a deer, etc. without having to change buildings.

These should be your goals.

And there is no need to exclude women. My wife knows if she wants to find me I'm either in the schitter, or in my garage. And while she isn't welcome in the schitter, she is welcome in the garage. Unless I'm thinking. But I have never met anybody that enjoys my company when I'm thinking so that would never happen.

Best of luck.

Travis

Damn purist.

grin

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
I'm changing oil on my Suzuki in my shop right now, and yes I have a computer in mine but that is strictly for looking up schematics of motors and such and Christy Canyon booby pics.

oh and posting horseshit on here.

my wife is welcome in my shop too, especially after I've been looking at internet boobies for awhile

What year is your Samurai?

Travis

heh..I wish - its my daughters ATV

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I cringe at the words 'man cave'. Sweet Jesus, no wonder it's so easy for the government.

Yeah, I refer to my place as the cabin or my "lodge". A place where I can go set by the potbelly stove in Cold weather.

When I hear man cave, I think of those hippies in one of those bizarre drum circles! laugh

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
At this point I may as well tell this story.
Forty years ago, we went to see my brother-in-law's brother about a painting job.
He was about twenty years old, and lived in an upstairs apartment.
The kind with rickety wood stairs in the alley.

He had a worn out stuffed chair, with a brick under a broke leg, an old black, and white TV, a path from the chair, to the TV through the girlie magazines strewed about the floor.

An old fridge held a stick of butter, and a couple cans of cheap beer.

A real boars nest.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
When I hear man cave, I think of those hippies in one of those bizarre drum circles! laugh

Drum circle? I thought I saw you there last week!

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My whole damn house is my cave.

I do what I want where I want.

My 'dining room table' has drill marks and scorches from rebuilding tube amps, guitars and guns (and assorted other bric-a-brac).

I dig it...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Richard, that is classic.

Flave's man cave version 2.0 tutorial was also great.

As far as actual cave-like buildings go..

A local machinist/welder has a long steel building(maybe 50x150'). No window other than a big sliding door at one end and a man door that goes into a small office(which has door to the outside).

Basically no outside light if the big shop door isn't open.

Building is full of big(old lathes), racks of pipe and flat iron, projects, an old snow mobile(Artic Cat Cheetah?), a little forklift, welders, cuttin' torches and a fire proof area, big ass vice, long work counter with everything, more smaller vices, wrenches hanging on the wall.

Giant wood/coal 'heater'(custom of course), in the rear center.

Dark green insulation sprayed on the wall. Pretty much everything in the building is a dark color, very cave-like during winter.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I can't even walk in my garage. motorcycles, outboards, drums and fishing gear out the arse. Big metal table and old computer table for molding jig heads and sinkers and tying bluegill and crappie jigs. I don't need a fancy bunch of $hit I want a place I can work. It seems to be unorganized but I know where everything is. I don't work on the bikes much,,, they're made in Japan. grin

A big table a place to sit and make lures/reload and a BIG tool box is all you need. My area is not a mancave but you can tell a man dwells there. I do have a bathroom down there, I don't think the seat has been down in the last 10 years or so.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't be the only guy who enjoys having a house that's not a cave.... The best part of my day is walking in the door and smelling "my house". And thanks to my wife that smell is pleasant. Usually a candle or fresh cookies, fresh laundry, my wife's perfume or supper.

If I lived alone my house would smell like gasoline and Kroil. It'd be cool for about a week and I'd have to hire a housekeeper.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SamOlson

A local machinist/welder has a long steel building(maybe 50x150'). No window other than a big sliding door at one end and a man door that goes into a small office(which has door to the outside).

Building is full of big(old lathes), racks of pipe and flat iron, projects, an old snow mobile(Artic Cat Cheetah?), a little forklift, welders, cuttin' torches and a fire proof area, big ass vice, long work counter with everything, more smaller vices, wrenches hanging on the wall.

Dark green insulation sprayed on the wall. Pretty much everything in the building is a dark color, very cave-like during winter.

Yeah? Well my garage has an oil change pit.

Pulls double duty on insubordinate hookers.

BOOM!

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Back when, it was a den. The man's room.
My grandfathers both had theirs.
My father's father had a fireplace with moose antlers over it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Yeah? Well my garage has an oil change pit.

Pulls double duty on insubordinate hookers.

BOOM!

Travis

The holding cell is pretty [bleep] cool.

MAGA
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Drum circle? I thought I saw you there last week!

You bastid! What happens at the drum circle, STAYS at the drum circle!!!

laugh

Founder

WS

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Who ate the cracker?

MAGA
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by wabigoon
At this point I may as well tell this story.
Forty years ago, we went to see my brother-in-law's brother about a painting job.
He was about twenty years old, and lived in an upstairs apartment.
The kind with rickety wood stairs in the alley.

He had a worn out stuffed chair, with a brick under a broke leg, an old black, and white TV, a path from the chair, to the TV through the girlie magazines strewed about the floor.

An old fridge held a stick of butter, and a couple cans of cheap beer.

A real boars nest.

Yeah. I had an uncle. Fours years older than me. He lived in a similar arrangement. It was an old Quonset but behind grandmas house. When oldest son was prolly in jr. High he was out there with him watching TV and looking at the latest copy of "Monster Boobs" magazine and noticed an abundance of brightly colored cockroaches. My old uncle tells him. "Hey you see any yellow ones, hit em with this blue spray paint! I think there building a resistance to yellow!"

Founder

WS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Salmonella

You win!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like to hang out here. grin

[Linked Image]

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If I were to photograph myself fugging a dog, I would leave the city limits as well.

Travis

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

If I lived alone my house would smell like gasoline and Kroil. It'd be cool for about a week and I'd have to hire a housekeeper.

Nah, you get comfortable with the smell of gasoline, Kroil, etc. My ex moved out 18 months ago and I haven't hired a housekeeper yet, and don't feel I need to.

Now, when my daughters came to visit for my birthday, they cleaned up the place like a white tornado, but that's their lookout, not mine. I like the smell of Kroil.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
195 members (257 roberts, 12344mag, 257robertsimp, 160user, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 19 invisible), 1,848 guests, and 867 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,787
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.