Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Murder charges for couple whose dogs killed runner

LAPEER, Mich. (AP) � Prosecutors have filed second-degree murder charges against a couple they say owned two dogs that fatally mauled a 46-year-old jogger on in rural Michigan.

The Flint Journal reports that Lapeer County Prosecutor Tim Turkelson issued the warrants Thursday against 45-year-old Sebastiano Quagliata and 44-year-old Valbona Lucaj. They're also charged with possessing a dangerous animal causing death.

A message seeking comment was left for the couple's lawyer Thursday night. The dogs are cane corsos.

Craig Sytsma of Livonia was attacked July 23 in Metamora Township, 45 miles northwest of Detroit.

The Detroit Free Press reports that federal authorities say the couple are Albanians living in the U.S. illegally and facing deportation.

The prosecutor says a hearing on whether the two dogs will be put down will be postponed from Friday.

http://www.kboi2.com/news/national/Murder-charges-for-couple-whose-dogs-killed-runner-269476551.html

BP-B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yep, we must have a hearing before deciding if two killer dogs will be put down. whistle progress.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
They will get a pass based on their minority status.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They would have been "put down" when they got within about 6 feet of my tender parts. I have done it before and in town.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WTF! Decide whether or not to put these two dogs down,but half the time they shoot the family pet in the yard for barking.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
runners worst nightmare. few years back when i was into my long run phase, i had picked a new route and was about 7 miles in and about done and i came around a corner on a rural road and a huge rottweiler came charging off a hill at me and was stopped short by a piece of chain around his neck. he was seriously freaking out and the lone house where he was chained had no cars in the driveway. i think it would have killed or seriously injured me if it had been loose. i was spent and could not have put up much of a fight. i had to resist the urge to go back later and do a drive-by on it. i was very seriously considering it but instead chose to change my route.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rem,running is a trigger for attack behavior in most every carnivore I have ever heard of. Whenever I wanted to play with my own dog back when I still had a dog, running would bring him chasing. Stopping and facing him stopped him cold. Not that stopping would necessarily have worked for you, but predators (including us)don't usually get to follow through when the prey/quarry is looking right at them.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
thats what i did but the rott stood up on his hind legs with the chain stretched tight and his mouth was wide open and looked like 4 chain saws going full blast. i'm not sure what he would have done if the chain broke but i'm thinking it would not have been good. the dog looked seriously mistreated as well. it had one of those plastic 55 gallon drums for a dog box and about 15' of chain and from the looks of it, thats where it lived 24x7. the house that it was chained at looked like a white trash palace too. the real scary thing was the hill was right about at eye level with me as i was running.

My diploma is a DD214
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
"The prosecutor says a hearing on whether the two dogs will be put down will be postponed from Friday."

Why the heck does there have to be a hearing?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
As a person that has ran a whole lot of miles in town, you'd be amazed how careless people are about their dogs.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Gettin' to where illegal in the US is not a minority.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Gettin' to where illegal in the US is not a minority.

They'll always be a minority even if 99% of the people in this country are illegal immigrants.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I always carry a gun when I run and when I remember I carry pepper spray too. I'm 71 and have never been bitten by a dog so I must be doing something right. I used the pepper spray on a dog few months ago and it worked but I don't know if it will work on a large determined dog (like a Pit Bull or Rottweiler). I bought the pepper spray in a gun shop in the Florida panhandle that recommended it. I think the brand is "Hades" and it worked well when I used it but has orange dye in it that won't wash off. I'm sure the owner of the dog I sprayed wondered who painted his dog's face orange.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Cane Corsos. Like a bigger and more dangerous pitbull.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cane Corso you better have some serious firepower? It takes a bit to get a Corso's attention. They are a great animal if trained and supervised properly.

Shoot the owners and the dogs?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dog are predators just like humans are , if you run from them, then they only see you as prey , stand your ground and then they have second thoughts unless they sense the fear in you. Carry a knife if you can't carry a pistol, no better weapon at FACE TO FACE Combat with animal or human.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by bea175
Carry a knife if you can't carry a pistol, no better weapon at FACE TO FACE Combat with animal or human.

Haven't really given that much thought before. What would be a good style of knife to use on a pitbull?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by victoro
I always carry a gun when I run and when I remember I carry pepper spray too. I'm 71 and have never been bitten by a dog so I must be doing something right. I used the pepper spray on a dog few months ago and it worked but I don't know if it will work on a large determined dog (like a Pit Bull or Rottweiler). I bought the pepper spray in a gun shop in the Florida panhandle that recommended it. I think the brand is "Hades" and it worked well when I used it but has orange dye in it that won't wash off. I'm sure the owner of the dog I sprayed wondered who painted his dog's face orange.

I've sprayed a lot of dogs.

It's never not worked.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bea, you are right about a knife, but you better know how to use one. if you don't you will hurt your self more than your opponent. I carry a firearm when hiking (can't run anymore) and when running my dogs. along with a can of UDAP bear spray. here I worry more about Wolves coming after my pups than bears. plus the spray will work on two legged varmints as well.
I say put down the illegals and adopt out the dogs to the border patrol.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by bea175
Carry a knife if you can't carry a pistol, no better weapon at FACE TO FACE Combat with animal or human.

Haven't really given that much thought before. What would be a good style of knife to use on a pitbull?

This is one of my favorite knifes to carry , i like the mini

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/CS36LPM/Cold-Steel-36LPM-Pendleton-Mini-Hunter

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
468 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 47 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 991 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.