24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pretty cool video Steve, thanks for posting. I wonder if the shooter borrowed that from someone here on the board. They aren't exactly common.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
He threw out a "288" number. I wonder how factual that number really is?

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Someone was just telling me about the .45 Savage pistols yesterday, however he was under the impression there were just a handful of them. I know nothing about them so thanks for the link and the information.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks Steve, that was a good video. Looks like a lot of recoil!

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Thanks Steve, that was a good video. Looks like a lot of recoil!

...and he is shooting reduced loads, he seems to make a quick mention of that when loading the gun with what sounds like "gonna down load it a bit". He, and the owner of the gun (not a member here), were at Rock Island Auction some months ago and I recognized him from the video. In talking to him about the wisdom of shooting such a valuable gun, he mentioned that they shot reduced loads. Both the Colt and the Luger lock the barrel to the slide which is then buffered from the frame by the recoil spring, on initial firing the Savage has everything directly linked to the frame and therefore directly linked to your hand. It also seem to unlock to soon, on the 'Forgotten Weapons' web site there is mention of this and a still picture taken in the dark as the gun fired showing all the flash - a great amount of it does not go out the muzzle. The second link posted here will give access to the still pictures - info_45_auto

He also keep mentioning that the '45 was a scaled up 32' - I think he has that backwards because I think the 45 pre-dated the 32.

At Rock Island Auction I saw him video taping one of the three supposed Savage prototype pistols they had in that auction, I still have not seen any of that posted on his site.

Last edited by GeneB; 07/31/14. Reason: corrected grammer

Gene
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the rest of the story Gene. I wondered about the wisdom of shooting that too, even with reduced loads. I did hear him mention that. Still appeared pretty stout.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
239 members (300_savage, 1minute, 204guy, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 38 invisible), 2,200 guests, and 957 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,641
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.