Print Thread
Hop To
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Was reminded yesterday about our local free lunch program that is offered in our community. School makes lunches and delivers to 4 sites.

A couple friends of ours regularly take/send their kids to eat these free lunches. Once, they took our kids over to eat. When I found out, I lost my cool a little. Explained to my kids they are to never do that again.

Am I that out-of-touch? I can't believe grown adults with good paying jobs who are homeowners are comfortable with taking a handout like this. Makes my skin crawl

Montana MOFO
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Is there a means test for this soup line, or can anybody get a free lunch?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No, you aren't out of touch.

Typically there's no means tests for these things. That would keep kids from coming in because it would make them feel "uncomfortable".

Neighbor runs a non-profit that does backpacks full of food for kids. I prefer to help out the church food bank.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is a how they build Entitlements

Very sad

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Any kid, under 18 is eligible.

Montana MOFO
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Being face deep in the government slop trough begins with a first bite of "free" lunch. It's welfare indoctrination by mouth.

The way to a leftist voter's heart is through his stomach, to mangle a catchphrase.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So many American Citizens, having inherited their citizenship from ancestors who were GIVEN theirs after the War of Northern Aggression know of no other way to survive. Work or a damn job being out of the question they would lay on their sorry asses, reproduce, and starve to death if someone (Democrat) didn't take from a working citizen (Republican) and GIVE their fat lazy asses something to damn eat.

A pitiful mess we have gotten ourselves in to. Either feed them or watch them starve to damn death.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The schools receive govt money according to how many they serve. It's a money maker for them...at our expense.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
sounds like your friends are dirtbags. the only way i'd partake is if i was giving a generous donation or helping out in some way, which i have. our church does a monthly old folks meal during the winter and my family helps and we all eat once the oldsters get their fill. but to show up and eat and give nothing in return is dirtbaggery unless you are old or otherwise unable to.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The schools receive govt money according to how many they serve. It's a money maker for them...at our expense.

I know they see it as a money-maker, but this, and other issues like this, make me want to get on the school board.

They are wearing out eqt far quicker than necessary doing this and I believe the school has no business being in this business. They feed these kids right across from a little deli. Pretty tough to compete in the market when the government is giving for free what you're selling.

Montana MOFO
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Is there a means test for this soup line, or can anybody get a free lunch?
down here, all school age kids, up through high school, are eligible. All summer long. No questions asked.

Sam......

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (41rem, 300_savage, 264mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,444 guests, and 775 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,438
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.