Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Dog Rules

1.Dogs are never permitted in the house. The dog stays outside in a specially built wooden compartment named, for very good reason, the dog house.

2. (First Revision) Okay, the dog can enter the house, but only for short visits or if his own house is under renovation.

3. (Second Revision) The dog can stay in the house on a permanent basis, provided his dog house can be sold in a yard sale to a rookie dog owner.

4.Inside the house, the dog is not allowed to run free and is confined to a comfortable but secure metal cage.

5. (Later) Okay, the cage becomes part of a two-for-one deal along with the dog house in the yard sale, and the dog can go wherever he pleases.

6.The dog is never allowed on the furniture.

7.Okay, the dog can get on the old furniture but not the new furniture.

8.Okay, the dog can get up on the new furniture until it looks like the old furniture and then we'll sell the whole works and buy new furniture...upon which the dog will most definitely not be allowed.

9.The dog never sleeps on the bed. Period.

10.Okay, the dog can sleep at the foot of the bed.

11.Okay, the dog can sleep alongside you, but he's not allowed under the covers.

12.Okay, the dog can sleep under the covers but not with his head on the pillow.

13.Okay, the dog can sleep alongside you under the covers with his head on the pillow, but if he snores he's got to leave the room.

14.Okay, the dog can sleep and snore and have nightmares in bed, but he's not to come in and sleep on the couch in the TV room, where I'm now sleeping. That's just not fair.

15.The dog never gets listed on the census questionnaire as "primary resident," even if it's true.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He snuggles better than the wife.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Any rules for dogs sleeping on the bed that are subject to emitting nuclear farts? shocked grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
Wow!!! How true this is... And ingwe, my oldest golden about drove us out of the bedroom last nite.. She is usually very good, but the terrorists would have paid top dollar for that gas.. Must have been the turkey scraps in her dog food...

Molon Labe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Herr Rommel lets farts that make your eyes water! Thankfully not very often�.. sick

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My guy doesn't care for the bed if I'm in it, it pisses him off when I change positions and wake him up. He does well in the chair thought.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I wouldn't have it any other way he hold up his end.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by erich; 05/31/14.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I've got a big oaf sized dog that occasionally farts so bad he wakes himself up, while taking up half of the bed. Still gotta love him.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife is leaving on a four week road trip. I plan to give up the bed to the Airedale and two bird dogs and just sleep in the recliner.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our littlest "dog" if a 4lb creature can be classed as a dog, sleeps under the covers, and TRIES to worm himself in between asphaltangel and myself. This is NOT ALLOWED, beyond the furthest stretch of my patience, simply does NOT HAPPEN.....

until we are asleep crazy

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Herr Rommel lets farts that make your eyes water! Thankfully not very often�.. sick

Is he on a kosher diet?

IC B3

68W Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I always wanted the dog to be in and outdoors with the family or as he chooses. When getting the dog my wife disagreed vehemently she was firmly at rule number 1 at the top of your list. I didn't fight her on it, as I just kinda new I'd lose the battle but could win the war in the long run. Well we are now where I thought we'd be. The dog can come in and out a little bit...But even I am firmly against him on any furniture at any time ever. We love him but a 90 lb German Shepherd just doesn't belong on the couch and sure as hell isn't getting in the beds. He actually seems to prefer outside for a majority of the time so he can continue his patrol and security duties. Its just how he's wired.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My dog is a couch potato in between his periods of ultra hyperactivity. Everybody told me that goldens mellow out with age. Liars. grin

He's six years old and still acts like a six month old puppy. Scout has matured at the rate of one year equals one month.

When I take him for walks people say "Oh what a nice puppy".

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
There was only one house rule for Ted

Rule# 1: Ted lives here, you don't .

His only fault, he didn't live long enough.
12 years 10 months 15 days gone way too soon for me

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Daisy just kinda naps where she feels like:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
AND CLEOPATRA HANGS OUT ANYWHERE:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"Not a Gun Free Zone"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hclark
Daisy just kinda naps where she feels like:
[Linked Image]

I'm liking the looks of old Daisy.

I'd never let a Cur Dog in the house though.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

PS,,, How come you Texicans don't dock tail's?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If Grammy takes a nap so does Abby...
[Linked Image]

A firm rule in this house is don't ever spoil your hunting dog.

Well, not a firm rule, more of a suggestion.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
T
tjk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Wouldn't admit it anywhere else but the internet, but depending on what I had for supper have done that to myself,

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
720 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,945 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,757
Posts18,401,358
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.