V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
When I do, it is a G-27.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well I have a semi-fancy pistol, but it tends to stay concealed. It's a newer Colt's .38 Super with elephant ivory grips and Nitre blued accents (hammer, safety, slide stop, pins, grip screws, barrel bushing). And I made a custom rear sight for it, but I'm not sure if I'm happy with it, may make another one. So it's a little fancy, but not what I'd call a full on BBQ gun.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by safariman
FWIW, I DO try match the color of my holster to the color of my belt and shoes. The grips are Rosewood so brown is the most common color of my gunleather.
I guess that that means white after Memorial Day...

That is correct. But only after Memorial Day and not after Labor Day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no

and I don't have a Sunday go to meeting claw hammer either

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
My meeting gun is usually my SW shield in one of my holsters because it is far more discrete than a G22. I occasionally go a little pimp with carbon fiber pattern kydex but that's about it.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by P_Weed

I only have to cut off one sleeve - I lost an arm fighting cannibals.

LOL!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Boococky
I carry my LCP in my front pocket for church....also carry it often in the hot summer when in cargo shorts

That's what I carry and where I carry at church..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was asked to sing the National Anthem last night at our communities National "Night Out" with all of the various LEO agencies represented and doing their best PR work. My friend Sheriff John Turner and another freind as well as my co ordinating contact in the hosting agency Walla Walla PD gave me a heads up that the first part of the whole deal was going to be pretty formal, with the Police and PD folks in full dress uniforms, patent leather shoes and all. We even had a couple of local Federal Marshals on hand to meet and greet the folks. I don't dress up a ton for Church other than matching some stuff up both for my wife and as a sign of respect and reverence. For this I thought that with my singing the Anthem and all I should try to spiff up some. Doing so had nothing to do with my sexual orientation (I am 1000% and STRICKTLY heterosexual) and had everything to do with respecting the honor guard, flag presentation, chiefs and Sheriffs in attendance and putting my best foot forward for such an honor and event.

Gentlemen, IMO there are times when dressing up and caring about looking sharp and matching colors are appropriate and respectful.

I decided to open carry (caught ZERO flack or looks, BTW) with the Rosewood "Master Series" CT lazergrips 1911 10mm I mentioned earlier. And I did think about how much better a dark brown holster would look with those grips, Khaki slacks, a polo shirt, and Reddish brown colored crocodile belt and shoes.

Nothing queer or odd about any of that as I see it. I sang the song in a very low key, as a bass should do, and was proud for the honor and glad to dress up a bit for so doing. Including my choice of firearm and holster. My other carry gun, a Hogue stocked 329PD, would not have looked near as sharp with the rest of my attire.

As well, I was doing my best to quietly represent the armed citizens of our community with my choices. As I see it, my usual sleeveless pocketed T shirt and blue or black Wrangler jeans with hiking boots and perhaps a rubber gripped 329 would not have been nearly as good a representation, nor duly honoring of our flag and LEO leaders.

Part of my reason for not wearing a cover garment was that our male Southern Gospel quartet was performing later, after the ceremonial parts, and the attire chosen was solid colored golf shirts with Khaki pants so a vest or jacket would have been out of place. And, looked a bit silly in 100 degree weather, too.

All in all, it was a great joy and honor to get to sing in both settings and scenarios.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Lol

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yes I do, last March my youngest step-son Rockchucker sold me his Les Baer 45 ACP, it sits right proper in a Milt Sparks IWB holster, have worn it to church twice with Mom and my Wife, once for Mothers Day and once for Her Birthday.

Showed that pistol to a Bud of mine, he said that thing was so cool it'd nearly be an honor to be shot with it, but then again, he's a crazy sombatch. grin

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
holy crap we're related! well if Rockchucker/Bobby is your stepson

cause he's my daddy (blush)

ever since he sold me his NULA for a decent price he sez I has to call him that : (

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Well Hell, I'll have the Barristers add your name to my will too. grin

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
u all is cray cray

FJB
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Have to swap this gun out after the meeting for the BBQ gun?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by rockchucker
u all is cray cray

Wear U bin Son?

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
[Linked Image]
Taurus Mini-revolver M380
[Linked Image]
Taurus TCP 380

I think of Church as a low risk place .so either of my 380acp's are my choice

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Tight and light little church guns there Buck.

Trump Won!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
297 members (257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 280shooter, 204guy, 29aholic, 45 invisible), 2,151 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,725
Posts18,400,614
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.