Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I understand everything you're saying, it's just that it's 99% crap.

I've been around this game a long time.

BP-B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I understand everything you're saying, it's just that it's 99% crap.

I've been around this game a long time.

I don't care how long you have been around. You don't have any right to say that my opinion is 99% crap. Everything I have said about some bowyers compromising is true. I've seen it again and again. I'm not exactly a novice myself.

I'm sure you've done it all and know it all and aren't going to change your opinion so why argue in the first place? There are a lot of folks other than just me enjoying what ILF offers. We are not all full of crap just because we don't agree with you.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've said it a few times on this thread...that I'm glad you enjoy the platform and how they shoot.

I won't suffer hyperbole lightly however.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I've said it a few times on this thread...that I'm glad you enjoy the platform and how they shoot.

I won't suffer hyperbole lightly however.

What have I said that was hyperbole? I think you would have a lot more fun if you would relax a little bit. All this talk about what you won't suffer. Who made you the spokesperson for the entire archery community? Like something or don't like it, who says it makes you suffer that someone else thinks something else is superior?

Have you ever even shot any modern ILF bows? I shoot everything from non backed Osage self bows to modern ILF Italian barebow risers with high teck glassless limbs. I enjoy them all for different reasons. I've shot and owned most of the big name bows out there. I happen to like the ILF platform and metal risers because they offer me what the others do not. Just because I like one platform more than another and feel it is superior doesn't make my opinion crap.

I've shot tourneys right alongside self bow guys and never looked down on them because of their equipment choices. In fact most of the time when I've had any problem it was from someone who felt I wasn't trad enough. And then only because they were poor archers who felt my equipment gave me too much of an advantage over them. A couple years ago I put that notion to rest when I won a 1500 entry event with a selfbow and wood arrows.

Point is you don't have to suffer anything. I don't care what you shoot. If you shoot poorly and want help I will be glad to try and help. I won't tell you it's because of your equipment. Just enjoy what you are doing and let others do the same.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Typically a good archer with proper form is a good archer with proper form no matter the bow in hand. smile

And a good bowyer is a good bowyer, no matter the equipment they are building.

Arcus Venator
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by CRS
Typically a good archer with proper form is a good archer with proper form no matter the bow in hand. smile

And a good bowyer is a good bowyer, no matter the equipment they are building.

I agree with that but will add that new and different materials and equipment may give both, options they didn't previously have. Better is defined in different ways by different people. What is better to one person is a non issue with someone else.I have never seen options however as a bad thing.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CRS
I am going to get one, but you guys have to realize that I could care less about rules, competition, or scores.

What about a Hoyt Tiburon?

Well after just talking down a Tiburon - um, I just bought one! HaHa - a fella made me too good of a deal to pass up so I'll soon have one in hand and will give it a through test drive. It's a 40# 62"AMO rig - I'll give a report when I get some arrows through it

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
centershot
I'll be looking forward to the report. Is the Tiburin ILF? Does Hoyt still say some of their ILF risers are not compatible with all ILF limbs and recommend only their limbs?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Nope it's not ILF, it has the Formula limb system like the Buffalo. It looks like a short (21") Formula Ion-X riser w/ short limbs for a 62" hunting style bow. It's a 40#'er so should adjust from 37# or so to a bit over 40#. Should shoot pretty quick with the long riser and short limbs - about right to my way of thinking. Of course I thought that about the Buffalo I had also and it has a new home...time will tell.

Last edited by centershot; 09/02/14.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by centershot
Nope it's not ILF, it has the Formula limb system like the Buffalo. It looks like a short (21") Formula Ion-X riser w/ short limbs for a 62" hunting style bow. It's a 40#'er so should adjust from 37# or so to a bit over 40#. Should shoot pretty quick with the long riser and short limbs - about right to my way of thinking. Of course I thought that about the Buffalo I had also and it has a new home...time will tell.

It's a new bow. Just enjoy it until the next one, if you are an addict like me. I'm going to drop poundage. I've been shooting 48 lbs on targets and 55 lbs hunting. I didn't shoot for over a year because of a shoulder injury and I can really feel the weight now. I can only get a couple dozen good shots before the weight starts causing me to get sloppy. I'm just not as strong as I was before the shoulder injury. I think I'll get stronger but I'm going with lighter limbs for a while.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I hear you, lighter is a lot easier on the shoulders. I like bows around 40#, quick enough to be fun and light enough to shoot lots of arrows without tiring. With modern carbon arrows I can shoot around 170-180 fps pretty easy - plenty for what I like to do.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I hear you, lighter is a lot easier on the shoulders. I like bows around 40#, quick enough to be fun and light enough to shoot lots of arrows without tiring. With modern carbon arrows I can shoot around 170-180 fps pretty easy - plenty for what I like to do.

I agree. The thing that limits my speed the most is that the local 3D's require 125 grn or greater points.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I bought one couple weeks ago. Sounds like a .22. To good of deal to pass mine in exactly what yours is. It will make a good fishing tool frown

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The trad police can come up with some ridiculous rules....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That is the first report of a loud Tiburon that I have heard of. I have heard just the opposite - most guys are saying how it is one of the quietest bows they have ever shot. Have you bumped the brace height up around 8 - 8 1/2"? Make sure all the hardware is tight? Shooting a properly spined arrow? Almost sounds like the arrow whacking the riser.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I wish that was the case. This one is not off the press its a older one. accurate fairly smooth but noisy. Like I said it will be a great bow fishing rig.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Tiburon is a new bow for 2014, do you have a Gamemaster?

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
It looks like a gamemaster riser. With limbs that say tiburon. I'll look and post a picture this evening. That could be a problem

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hoyt made a Tiburon back about 2005-2006, but different critter than the 2014 Tiburon.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Rick, FWIW, the guy that runs trad gang use to sell a wool product that you wrap the string with where it comes in contact with the limbs. I bought a pair 8 or 9 years ago and they are still going strong and they work remarkably well, though I guess you could use any wool thread.

I shoot an old original Silvertip, and I've had friends stand 10 yards in front of me with their eyes closed. they say you can't hear the shot at all.

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
661 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 257 mag, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,748 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,108
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.