Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
AMRA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I do not know anything about adjustable Turret`s on scopes but have been thinking about trying one.
Any body use the Turrets from Kenton Ind.?
Thinking about one of their Speed dial Turret for my
Leupold FX-3 6x42 HD on my 270 WBY mag
AMRA

Molan Labe
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have one ordered for my new Meopta but it won't be here for another 2-3 weeks.

I will say Kenton's CS has been fantastic. My scope, a Meostar 4-12x40, wasn't listed on the drop down menu so I emailed CS about it. They contacted Meopta and made sure their turrets would work with my model. The other Meostars are 30 clicks/rev and mine is 35/rev but they said it was no problem to make that change. I'll try to remember to post back here when mine comes in and let you know how it works.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
AMRA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks!

Molan Labe
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Have on Kenton on a zeiss 4.5x14x42 works great for me, would buy one again.
Very repeatable dialing.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The LAST [bleep] thing you want to do,is anything that isn't an M1. Send it to Reupold,cut to the [bleep] chase and do it right,opting M1 ele(only).

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thank me later,for your being spared all the Turd Polishing Fluff Bullschit and avoiding a Goat [bleep].

You'll HATE driving a scope less a real turret,after you taste one. .25MOA values are hardly "daunting" and will reliably steer EVERY boolit,at EVERY speed. Give base/rings a thunk and you'll be able to slap things around in very distant zipcodes. Leupold DD base and Burris Signature DD rings will allow you to mechanically center windage and eek max elevation travel,which is win/win. No thang to bank 50MOA of erector travel available,on the other side of your zero and ring the bell,while connectin' all the dots.

[Linked Image]

For conversation a 140 Berger at 3200fps,zero'd at 250yds,eats but 48MOA of erector travel to the 1500yd line. Sub 21MOA to the 1000yd line. Full value 10mph wind at the 1000yd line is sub 6.5MOA. So you'll wanna give boolits a deep thunk. Hint.

Just sayin'.

As an aside,you'll wanna watch these Clueless [bleep] doling out "advice"...but don't be afeared to appreciate the inherent humor of their attempts.

Hint.

Laffin'!

(Addendum: For the first Clueless Window Licker)

SquatToPee,

You sappy Clueless Kchunt,you are in so far over your pointy [bleep] head,that it's simply a shame that you've NO inkling.

Fascinating "Testimony". Laffin'! I'll feign my "surprise",that you did not cite the glass,M118 was a nice touch,but you may as well have Fabricated M118LR. Re-Laffin'!

I've never seen a S&B or SWFA.

If only so you can see what you are Pretending. .25MOA M1.

[Linked Image]

Mil/Mil .1 graduated and it is not even slightly M1-esque in sizing nor design. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Yet another homage to the impossible to trump M1. .25MOA MOA/MIL...if only to fuel your Imagination and bolster your Pretend.

[Linked Image]

Now see if you can follow along. Laffin'!

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/819/wcer.jpg[/img]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/845/cbcv4.jpg[/img]

Please "tell" me more...as you are REALLY [bleep] doing "great"!

I'm laughing so [bleep] hard,I'm crying.

Just ohhhhhhhh sooooooo [bleep] WOW!!

You are a Treasure Trove of Clueless Dumb [bleep] and the harder you TRY to do your "best",the [bleep] funnier it gets. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Luckily for you,Imagination and Pretend are free...so you can "contribute".

Laffin'!

Do NOT let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

Just sayin'!

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Stink, you dumb MOFO. A friend of mine had a "rooftop" gig in Iraq for a while. He called Kenton, gave them the barrel length and told 'em he was shooting M118 as he didn't have a chrony in a combat zone. They sent him their speed dial post haste the next thing smokin'. He installed it and proceeded to send ragheads to hell, sans M1.

So I guess the 0.1mil turrets on a SWFA are schidt as well since they ain't M1's. Damn you're dumb.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I had a Kenton turret. I like my leopold M1 better

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The problem as I see it with the custom turrets is that you will need 3-4 of them for hunting different elevations/temps.(At least I would out here in the west where I hunt from 2,500 to 12,000 depending on the hunt/game.)

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Timberbuck
The problem as I see it with the custom turrets is that you will need 3-4 of them for hunting different elevations/temps.(At least I would out here in the west where I hunt from 2,500 to 12,000 depending on the hunt/game.)

Then put the stock one back on. Two turrets will hunt the West, all of it. Mongolia? Maybe not. I probably won't make it to Mongolia? You?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
SquatToPee,

Your haste to reliably take STUPIDITY to places it's never been before,is simply funnier than [bleep]. I'll again feign my "surprise",that you do not cite the glass your Imagination is letting you Pretend about,you amazingly stupid [bleep].

"Hello...Kenton,this is SquatToPee and I have a 20" barrel...build me a "magic" turret because I don't know the speed". [bleep] FUNNY schit,you drooling dumbffhuq!!!

BDC's are the dumbest schit there is and your ease in taking Stupidity even further,is never not impressive. Congratulations?!? Laffin'!

Only a stupid [bleep] who "does" and "knows" as "much" as you,would Dream this schit up and mutter same aloud. Frost it with a picture and mebbe some Estrogen fueled rant,about how a Montana kicked your ass,because it is so "complex". Laffin'! Looking forward to the Excuses and the fresh Whine.

If only to reiterate the glaringly obvious again,which I stated very plainly for folks of your "means","abilities" and "comprehension":

".25MOA values are hardly "daunting" and will reliably steer EVERY boolit,at EVERY speed." In conjunction with them facts,it will also work exceptionally in EVERY atmosphere. You'll wanna read that again. One more time. Yep...read it again. Laffin'!

Here's to your Imagination and to just how [bleep] badly you need it.

WOW +P+!

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Boxer

".25MOA values are hardly "daunting" and will reliably steer EVERY boolit,at EVERY speed." In conjunction with them facts,it will also work exceptionally in EVERY atmosphere. You'll wanna read that again. One more time. Yep...read it again. Laffin'!

Here's to your Imagination and to just how [bleep] badly you need it.

WOW +P+!

Thanks Stink. I'll be sure and get the word to the SOTIC Committee and SGM(ret)Boucher who helped design the original MkIV and specced a ONE MOA elevation turret that a fuggin' Uncle Fester look-alike logger from an Alaskan island said they were all azzed up. I'm sure they'll be in touch for more advice.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Stink, you dumb MOFO. A friend of mine had a "rooftop" gig in Iraq for a while. He called Kenton, gave them the barrel length and told 'em he was shooting M118 as he didn't have a chrony in a combat zone. They sent him their speed dial post haste the next thing smokin'. He installed it and proceeded to send ragheads to hell, sans M1.

So I guess the 0.1mil turrets on a SWFA are schidt as well since they ain't M1's. Damn you're dumb.

If this is true which I doubt it your friend isn't very smart.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
SquatToPee,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you please. PLEASE summons any/all,that you "think" will "help" with your Delusion(s).

Again...I'll feign my "surprise",that you went wayyyyyyyy outta your road to concoct yet another series of Fabrications and as per always,ran outta Imagination halfway through your Pretend. Stupidity IS the "gift" that keeps on giving,as you ohhhh soooooooo eloquently attest,by doing your "best".

Might you be trying to "tell" me about M3 turrets,of which I graciously hung a picture of,right outta da' gate?!? Laffin'! Not that you'd know what they look like. Re-laffin'!

Kudos for your Imaginary Friend,"calling" Kenton to get a yardage dial...when there's already one in place. You'll wanna read that again. One more time. Yep...read it again. Still laffin'! Knock it outta da' Park even further,cite said glass(I'm giving you underhand pitches right across the plate,so you can hang yourself even higher),then mention what year it was. I'm thinkin' you prolly wanna be very careful,in the reply. Laffin'!

Beings M3's came both ways and I have both,as well as dangling entrapment pics of same,might you be Imagining to Pretend about clockwise ele increases or counter-clockwise ele increases?! Laffin'!

Lemme fuel your Imagination even further,so as to grant you opportunity to coax all you can muster outta your pointy-head and crossed-eyes. Cheer up,I'll happily take pics of the various BDC's,should it "help" your Imagination and it's Pretend. You are doing "great". Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Here,lemme mix it up a smidge. laffin'!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Feel free to go FULL Secret Squirrel and please do not let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt...because you are really doing "great". Perhaps mention one more time,how are you both too broke and too stupid to make pics "work",as sweet "satisfactions" of your hilarious ineptitude and your fascinating inside oblivious look in the first hand at Retardation.

I apologize in advance,if any of the pics were to crystalline...you AMAZINGLY stupid [bleep].

Laffin'!

'ker,

"Luckily" Imagination and Pretend are free,so she can "contribute".

EPIC [bleep] hilarity.

Wow.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by AMRA
I do not know anything about adjustable Turret`s on scopes but have been thinking about trying one.
Any body use the Turrets from Kenton Ind.?
Thinking about one of their Speed dial Turret for my
Leupold FX-3 6x42 HD on my 270 WBY mag
AMRA

How are you going to establish what specs you need then?

TAK,

Just fyi.... SFSC isn't using M3's nor BDC's anymore. The only ones rocking either, are doing so against their will. The world has moved passed 1987.

AMRA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Caliber: 270 Weatherby Magnum
Bullet Weight: 130 Grains
Bullet Style: Norma Spitzer
Case Type: Brass

Ballistics Information:
Muzzle Velocity: 3280 fps
Muzzle Energy: 3106 ft. lbs.

Molan Labe
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Do you believe that your 270 Weatherby is actually producing 3,280fps at the muzzle?

Do you believe your Leupold adjusts in true .25moa clicks?

AMRA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Do you believe that your 270 Weatherby is actually producing 3,280fps at the muzzle?

Do you believe your Leupold adjusts in true .25moa clicks?

Listed speed of the Factory WBY load is most likely under actual FPS. Norma loads the WBY Factory ammo to the gills
from what I have read by John B. here and others but at most
50 fps or FASTER than listed.
If my Leupold does not adjust right I will send it in and they
will fix it NO CHARGE.
End of the day I can leave it as is and just hold on hair to
400 yd a 270 Roy is a flat shooting SOB!
Plus Boxer has made me re think a M 1 Turret

Last edited by AMRA; 08/13/14.

Molan Labe
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ohhhhh...I figured you'd see the light,after I hit the switch.(grin)

AMRA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks !

Molan Labe

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 270winchester, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,650
Posts18,455,461
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.