Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by TWR
For $139 this Geissele smokes the RR.
http://tradingplacepawn.com/geissele-2-stage.html
i would not say that. That trigger is still the same weight as the rra unit. The rra unit is a decent trigger just a little heavy though. You need the ssa-e to have a useful upgrade over rra

Have you shot them both?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Funny, I've switched over to them and can tell a worlds of difference.

Having had at least a dozen RR's, I have never seen one that I'd run as issued. I haven't touched the 2 G2S's I have, just put them in and ran them and both are exactly the same pull and break.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by TWR
Funny, I've switched over to them and can tell a worlds of difference.

Having had at least a dozen RR's, I have never seen one that I'd run as issued. I haven't touched the 2 G2S's I have, just put them in and ran them and both are exactly the same pull and break.

What weight do the G2S's break at?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by TWR
For $139 this Geissele smokes the RR.
http://tradingplacepawn.com/geissele-2-stage.html
i would not say that. That trigger is still the same weight as the rra unit. The rra unit is a decent trigger just a little heavy though. You need the ssa-e to have a useful upgrade over rra

Have you shot them both?

no but I do have the RRA national match trigger and geissele's high speed match rifle trigger, which is the most expensive ar trigger they have and capable of the lowest pull weights. if I remember correctly. the SSA being mentioned is a non adjustable trigger with about a 4.5 pull. its being compared to the RRA trigger. YES I don't think there is enough of a difference to spend the extra money. The RRA is a great trigger its just a little too heavy thats all. keep in mind I am a trigger snob!!!! or else I would not have spent nearly $300 for that top of the line high speed match rifle trigger. The only way to adjust the pull on either of these triggers is by bending or replacing springs. I tried doing that with my RRA trigger and didn't have good luck doing it.

keep in mind me saying its too heavy, is just me. I run my triggers at 28 oz on bolt guns so I like light stuff!!! with an ar 15 you really want more pull weight and can shoot more pull weight just fine. I actually added more pull weight to my geissele trigger. I adjusted it to 2#'s on the first state and 1# more for the second. for field use I don't think you really want to go less than that.

next trigger I want to try is the SSA-E

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 08/07/14.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Yes 4.5 lbs but it's not the weight that is different since the NM requires a 4.5 lb trigger at a minimum. It's the wall of the second stage and the way it breaks that's superior to the RR. Not to mention doing so with full power springs reducing lock time.

So other than eBay's $80 trigger (close to dealer cost), RR's price is $120, G2S is $139, it's a no brainer.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Bending springs to adjust weight is so easy even my dumbazz self can do it.

Every RRA out of the factory has needed tweaking. Yeah they are much better than stock but still far from what a trigger snob would like. I am a trigger snob in many ways too.

28 oz on a bolt gun for me, is WAY heavy. 8-16oz is what I"d like on my good bolt guns.

If I was talking a match bolt gun it would be down around a few oz.

hunting ARs, RRA tuned up, to where you are 2 pounds or 2.5 pounds first stage and 1 pound second stage is plenty weight, seems actually heavy to me, for hunting, but then going lighter with an RRA is simply not safe in an AR.

Having a bunch of RRA triggers, finding Bills for a similar price would be a no brainer. But I"m a bit biased with Bill, that I am aware of. Because of his design intelligence level.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 68W
I installed the ALG ACT for $65 recently. Not a top tier trigger but it is a big improvement over a stock/mil-spec trigger. The creep and grit feeling was magnificently improved and trigger pull weight reduced. I'm a very happy user for my work-horse/fighting M4 carbine.

I have the ACT on all three of my ARs. Can't be beat for the money. I'm used to 3.5-4 lb single stage triggers on bolt guns and the 5.5 lb doesn't bother me at all because it breaks very clean.

Scott
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

160 members (35, 6mmCreedmoor, 257 roberts, 2UP, 44mc, 10Glocks, 18 invisible), 2,136 guests, and 847 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,706
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.