Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
There are many reasons that a lot of folks are either abandoning their DSLRs or adding to their current camera systems with mirrorless cameras or CSCs as they are referred to in the photo world. I talk with a lot of people about reasons to pick up a CSC and the main reasons they mention are: They just don�t want to carry heavy gear anymore, they want a great small travel system, and they don�t need big lenses and gear. Mirrorless cameras have come a long way in the few years they have been out. I have purchased 3 different systems from Joel at Camera Land. They all serve different purposes to me. The smallest and definitely one of the most popular are the Micro 4/3 system, for me the Olympus EM-5. It is very lightweight and compact and with the recent introduction of the Tamron 14-150mm Di-III for m4/3 lens, I am a bigger fan now. One thing you hear is smaller means cheaper feel, but not with this combination.

The new Tamron 14-150mm Di-III lens for m4/3 is not a new range for the industry but it marks Tamron�s entry in the market. They obviously made the decision to enter with a lens very different from others as well. The constructed the lens out of metal and gave it the feel of one of their traditional lenses but in a 3� package. Tamron has mastered all-in-one zooms and their superior technology is very apparent in this lens as well. It is sharp from wide to zoom and even does Macro down to about 1:4. The lens maintains its� lightweight capability by taking advantage of the image stabilization in the camera body. The lens has great rubber rings for zoom and focus and comes with the flower shaped lens hood.

If you have been considering going to mirrorless, this could be the deciding factor for you. A roughly 3� lens with the equivalent length in 35mm terms of 28-300mm! Give Joel at Camera Land a call and get your new Tamron 14-150mm Di-III for m4/3 lens ordered. If you are new to the mirrorless camera market talk with Joel or one of his folks for the camera body to best suit your needs.

All the images below were taken using the Tamron 14-150mm Di-III for m4/3 lens.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Great photography is not about being in the right place at the right time, it is about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for that nice review. I love my EM-5, and have been looking for a lens to extend the reach (currently using a 12-35 2.8). Played with a 35-100 2.8 which I liked but didn't like the price.
I don't think it will replace my 1D for things like sports, but it also doesn't weigh 8 lbs all geared up.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
My pleasure Chris. This is a perfect lens for those that either all the time or at least part time don't want to carry the big stuff.

Great photography is not about being in the right place at the right time, it is about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 02bfishn, 65 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,225
Posts18,466,565
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.