Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Anyone with a descent mill that knows how to use it can do it. Kobe has one and knows mod 70s and can probably do it with his eyes closed. All you need to do is shave the bottom of the medium ones down with a boring head or fly cutter. As long as you know the radiuses you are good to go. If you can wait a few month I will be happy to do it for you.
Don

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Be sure and tell us how much money you spend splitting a tenth of an inch difference, so we'll be suitably impressed.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Y
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Y
The problem with cutting down talleys is that the counterbores are cut rather deep on all the base heights, therefore do not leave much metal under the screw heads to allow adjustment very much. Must be to allow standard length screws on all the bases.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Be sure and tell us how much money you spend splitting a tenth of an inch difference, so we'll be suitably impressed.

I'm pretty sure that it is going to run around $550 or so. It will bug me to no end along with specing the barrel too heavy for what I wanted to achieve so it will all be cured by another barrel in the end. I , like most everyone else here needs another rifle not at all. I'm buying and building rifles for pleasure so if it doesn't please me then it's useless.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Dave

Have you tried any other brand of base/ring that might work. S&K comes to mind as does Conetrol if you want to mount them really low. Just a thought

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus

+1

I am still wondering how 2.54 millimeters is a crucial amount when it comes to cheek weld.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well he could pull the barrel and have it turned to get the clearance needed,But that would leave a gap in the bedding so a new stock would be required to fix the gap problem!

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Opt the taller set,install BC flip-ups and neck down 300 Whizzum Virgins and headspace the false shoulder.

Enjoyed the "debacles" and appreciate the humor.

Good laugh!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
1000 words...............(hint)

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
PM JeffO, he knows all.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
With JeffO's "earlobe weld" he will have to switch to highs, though...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by 1h37s
The problem with cutting down talleys is that the counterbores are cut rather deep on all the base heights, therefore do not leave much metal under the screw heads to allow adjustment very much. Must be to allow standard length screws on all the bases.

You can bush them if you run out of boss. Still a heck of a lot less work than making a set from scratch.
Don

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Well , I'm going to see about a slight re contour of the shoulder area. It will kill to birds with one stone . I will be able to uselows and I won't have to grind a 1/2" of straight shank out of the barrel channel. It will still bug me I miss specified the barrel contour to begin with but it will mitigate the problem. Live and learn.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 45 invisible), 2,099 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,778
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.