Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
super T Online Happy OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Happy
Campfire Regular
S
It's that time of year for me, the time when the excitement of anticipation begins to set in. I've got my tags, got my rifle(s) sighted in, ammo loaded, packed and repacked my hunting gear and clothes, have had and am having endless conversations with my son and brothers about this years tactics and strategies. One would think at my age(71 almost 72) and because I killed my fist BG at the age of 11 I would I'd begin to settle down a little. Not happening. Who else out there has plans? Please give details it helps my condition/affliction BTW I'll be hunting a northern Utah CWMU, have a buck deer tag, and a bull elk tag. Hunt starts Sept.20th

BP-B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I am headed to Colorado for a muzzleloading hunt on September 10th. However, I get to fly up for 4 days next week for some R&R with a little scouting and a little fishing (now that the big game license comes with a fishing license!)

Heading to the Glenwood Springs area. Hope they are already bugling!

I have a bull muzzleloading tag. Biggest decision I have to make is whether or not to add a buck tag to my hunt as I have some friends with a buck voucher.

Venor ergo sum
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I fly out in 28 days, headed to northern Utah for bull elk.

The first of many for me: first guided bull elk trip (I've gone on a cow elk hunt before), first time flying to a hunt, and hopefully the first time I kill a bull elk. I've killed some cows, had a chance at a couple of rag horns and a fork horn bull, but I've never seen a bull worth shooting.

I'm quite looking forward to it!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First time for me! Hunting with a good friend in ID. And the icing on the cake is my pops is accompanying.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
New Mexico!

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I've got a bull elk hunt in Wyoming in 6 weeks and can hardly wait. Then headed to New Mexico for a cow hunt in December. Fill in between with some doves, ducks, quail and pheasants. Should be a good year.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'm champing at the bit, but my season starts about a month after yours. I've got a plan in place, but the gear is far from ready. I know where I will be opening morning, and what kind of shots I'll be likely to have, if the elk cooperate. Hey elk, cooperate!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
1st Rifle in Colorado with my Son and Son-in-Law. Hard to believe it's less than 2 months away with the temperatures they're forecasting for next week here. Been playing with a new to me 308 and it's hard to keep the barrel cool!

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Will be hunting deer in unit 54 second season. Will be camping with a friend.

Then hunting elk in same unit during 3rd season. Wish I had a companion but it looks like I'll be hunting alone.

Drew an Arizona Coues deer tag and opening day is on November 7, so I'll have to leave elk hunting early.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Got a general season bull tag for here in the Northern part of Idaho. It opens Oct 10. I'm really looking forward to my wifes moose hunt Oct 1-14. The month of September will be spent, hopefully camping in the moose unit and killing grouse with my little ones looking for mama's moose. Summer is nice, but autumn is AWESOME!!!

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Day 1 of my elk hunt is 28 days from today.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yep, & they're mighty good ones!

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I thought I was the only one that was already packed with rifle sighted in and bullets loaded. Will be in Colorado, Unit 12, 3rd season Elk. Have both a Cow and Bull tag. Will be using an outfitter for the first time in several years, J Bar H Outfitters, but normally do DIY. Good hunting to all.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have about 3 weeks+ to leave for a ML hunt. I have been doing some packing, but still need to shoe the mules, change tires to snow /mud on the truck, put the camper on, buy food and various other task.

After that I have an either sex tag for elk for the 2nd season.

18 days total of actual hunting and 27 days in the field counting travel. we usually go up three days before season and come home the day after season closes.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I got a cow ML tag this year, didn't draw my 1st choice. I've been shoeing myself, and fitting myself with a packbag grin

I'll go up the Wednesday or Thursday before the season, I'd go earlier if work didn't interfere.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hunting elk in two different states in two different months. Unexpectedly drew a tag. So, lots of travel and $$ since I live too far from elk country. My wife gets that is part of the price of my sanity since we moved. Stoked for this fall.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Drew an archery bull tag in a unit a few miles from my house. Starts in 2 weeks. Unfortunately highs in the 90's. Seeing some decent bulls on my cams but all nocturnal movement. Praying for weather to cool down.

In October over to ID for another tag.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pointer
Hunting elk in two different states in two different months. Unexpectedly drew a tag. So, lots of travel and $$ since I live too far from elk country. My wife gets that is part of the price of my sanity since we moved. Stoked for this fall.

Good luck Pointer! Still carrying your .338?

I'm headed to ID once again.

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm looking forward to the coming season but I'm dealing with serious back pain. I've got a first season cow tag near Gunnison and 4th season bull tag in the Sangres. Also 2 deer tags and a ewe tag.

I've gone middle-age crazy doing all those things to try to give the finger to the reaper and deny my own reality - bought an ATV, begging the Dr. to shoot me full of cortizone before the hunts, wondering if I can accept the role of camp cook and wondering if the guys will accept me in that role, practicing long shots, rented a horse for one hunt.

Every day they put me in traction and stretch me and it is helping. Wish me luck.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Have a general and late season tag.. Oct. will be the opener, but doubt I bother with elk until Nov. Oct. will be devoted to a moose trip..

Molon Labe
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (257 roberts, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222ND, 74 invisible), 2,777 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.