Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I have been camping a lot this year, old school on the ground with a waxed canvas tarp for shelter. When i camp i never sleep if im laying on the ground. I tried egg sheel foam and armaflex but one is to soft and it just compresses and the other is to firm, doesn't compress at all. The last two times I went I took a cot and sleept like a baby but I was camping out of my jeep. I'm a side/belly sleeper and what I really need is a light weight COMFORTABLE sleeping pad I can carry in on my pack to get further from the trails and roads.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Neo-Air XL.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager
Neo-Air XL.

absolutly! I bought one from REI recently, and I have to tell you, it's the BOMB! Inflates easily, holds the air, is dead nuts comfortable, eliminates tossing and turning, and gives me a complete night's sleep.
I even got it on sale, and used my REI refund bucks to pay for most of it. laugh

Sam......

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Keep using the cot. It's what works.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Can't hike with a cot.

thanks, I will cheak out the neo-air

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I am also a side sleeper. I bought a Big Agnes 4" Q-core insulated pad. I can now sleep through the night

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The BA is another good one.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The BA in the short version is a great piece of equipment.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i slept on this one every night for 2 months.....better than alot of real mattresses ive slept on over the years

http://www.rei.com/product/873463/big-agnes-double-z-air-sleeping-pad

Last edited by rattler; 08/16/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 4ager
Neo-Air XL.

absolutly! I bought one from REI recently, and I have to tell you, it's the BOMB! Inflates easily, holds the air, is dead nuts comfortable, eliminates tossing and turning, and gives me a complete night's sleep.
I even got it on sale, and used my REI refund bucks to pay for most of it. laugh

They are referring to the Neo-Air air mattress made by the Thermarest company. They are super. And so is the Big Agnes Insulted Air Core. Get an XL rectangular one. If you can't get comfortable on one of them, you better give up, because it doesn't get any better.

I started camping over sixty years ago and I used an air mattress. There were a lot of problems with those old air mattresses, but the technology has come a long way. The new ones are lighter, reliable and more durable than the early versions. Get one and get comfortable.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Fatchick

[Linked Image]

Sean

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
703 members (204guy, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 74 invisible), 2,959 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,767
Posts18,401,495
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.