Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. Hint.

90gr Scenars in the 10" 'tucky at 3200,zero'd at 250,will take the windshield to 1150yds+. The erector will get to a mile and all out 2000yds. Google as you must.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Good talk..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Making wildcats is fun with guns.

On the practical side a 243 will be easier to find and get.
Do you really believe Stick is concerned whatsoever?

Also the 243 can be loaded down to near a 6BR.
Not with anything like the consistency/accuracy a 6BR can deliver.

Just presenting an alternative. A 243 Kimber Montana weighs just 6#,11oz. with a 4.5-14 Conquest on it. Thats what a M70 Featherweight goes without a scope!
I'm pretty sure Stick knows what a Montana weighs. He only owns about two dozen of them.

The 243's ammo is available everywhere. You will never find 6Br loads for game anywhere.
Once again you've missed the point. Stick doesn't care that there aren't factory 6BR game loads. He's going to build them as the point of the whole project.

Some of us actually shoot more than two rounds per rifle and declare it good. I've been through about three thousand .308" Hornady 168 gr. match bullets (not to mention other types, weights and diameters) since the beginning of the year, and Stick has probably exceeded that number of projectiles in the last month or two.

A smallish 6mm that is capable of extreme precision, is miserly in its consumption of powder and barrel steel, has lower muzzle blast, and is properly built to handle a sleek projectile that delivers downrange where it counts, is an attractive proposition to shooters who build significant round counts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'm afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. Hint.

90gr Scenars in the 10" 'tucky at 3200,zero'd at 250,will take the windshield to 1150yds+. The erector will get to a mile and all out 2000yds. Google as you must.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Good talk..................

Comment directed towards dumb don..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Bait dangled,awaiting more of her pearls....................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wishin' I'd have done a slow twist on the son's 6mm-250. But I bought that MR contour barrel 2nd hand and had smith install and clean up the chamber......i.e.: done it up CHEAP with a cut-off Ti stock!

It is a pleasure to shoot with 85 TSX. He's killed 2 does with it, but our WT around here can be kilt with a flyswatter. Now that I've gotten into the A-Max clan, I'd love to be able to fling those with it.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Reserve RPM can only help the equation.

The International in a 2.8" box,grants alotta COAL latitude. People are in a surprising hurry to forget,that the ONLY way bullets get better,is to get longer...so it's nice to leave windows of opportunity wide open.

I'm not an SMK Fan so D-Tac's are out for me,but the 105 Herd is amazingly fantastic...............

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What about the 6mm-204 ?

Probably not enough butt to run 105's, but should cycle pretty smooth. Nosler has the brass, might be Norma's ?

Used to run a 6mmBR out of a 21" Encore. Lupua brass was super accurate out of it.
Was a little concerned about that short little case out of a bolt action....

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Not enough gas and no gain in logistics.

Feed/function will be a breeze.................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mathman wrote: -->"Once again you've missed the point. Stick doesn't care that there aren't factory 6BR game loads. He's going to build them as the point of the whole project."

?

There may be a 6mm BR game load somewhere but you won't find then in the rural hunting country.

[Linked Image]
grin

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I'll type slow this time.

Stick doesn't care about the lack of factory ammunition. He doesn't need to find them. He will make cartridges to suit his purpose.

Last edited by mathman; 08/17/14.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I happen to LIVE in Rural Hunting Country and I'm liking the "odds" of said rifle having available to it,more superlative ammo than you could begin to fathom.

Pretty certain,I shoot a smidge.............(hint)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mathman, you wrote:

Mathman wrote: -->"Once again you've missed the point. Stick doesn't care that there aren't factory 6BR game loads.

wink

[Linked Image]

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dumb Don,you "tell" him,because you are on FIRE!

Laughing.............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
�When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser."

Socrates

grin

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Perhaps get "crafty" and hang some Rural Hunting Country "conquest" pics and touch on the "particulars" associated,that granted you such "magnificent" opportunity.

That'll "show" him!...........

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I'm speaking to availability, not strict existence.

Originally Posted by Savage_99
There may be a 6mm BR game load somewhere but you won't find then in the rural hunting country.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"Schit floats,as you eloquently attest"................

Big Stick

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dumb Don,my hopes are you are going through your extensive collection of stunning photography,as a magnificent Trump Card at the expense of others and really Show Case your "experience","knowledge" and "results" in all their "splendor".

It WILL be a one sided "victory"..................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stick,

I am disappointed that you have resorted to slurs. Such lazy talk adds little to our interest in guns and hunting.

In fact I was pleased to see you return as your photo's are excellent.

Keep in mind that I have been hunting for 60 years and have extensive shooting experience.

Your idea of writing on a cartridge case with a Sharpie pen what the load is a good idea.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dumb Don,

I am not suprised that your Reality cannot begin to keep pace with your Pretend.

No need to reiterate what an amazingly sloooooooooowwwwwwwww "learner" you are,as you perpetually reiterate it obliviously,by doing your "best".

Happy Imagination,to you.................

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (10Glocks, 300jimmy, 41rem, 300_savage, 264mag, 12 invisible), 1,421 guests, and 812 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,441
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.