Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Anybody shoot a 20" 1-8" 6BR with 105's?

Thinking Montucky build,contour dupe,shortened,no-turn Lapooey...hoping it would crowd 2700fps and yield THE Ultimate SLEEPER...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Mine was 22". If is remember correctly, I was up closer to 2780, but that was behind 30.5gr varget- a pretty stiff charge

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Oh I reckon it's probably a natural inclination,to flog on it.

Starting over,knowing what you know,how would you build the next one and what was your application for it?

I'm thinking just an all day/every day knockabout Utility Rifle,with about 35 Mils remaining on it's erector,for dialing distant zip codes.................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Mine was essentially a halibut build, with a #3 tube. The rifle handled well, and shot like a 6br. I LOVE that chambering, and if I had a rifle that would feed those little cases reliably, it would still be in my safe. It fed pretty well, just not well for 100% confidence.

I used it for antelope, and it was a wicked performer.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
With that said, if you build one on a Montana and it ends up being reliable, I may just follow you down the path and build another.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Figure I'll just shim the aft of the box with an aluminum spacer,shorten the follower to suit and it will assuredly feed like it has eyes...it's not even a concern.

Nothing to it..............

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
If I like the chambering/blueprint as much as I anticipate,the next one will be on a Jap Varmintmaster................

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Stick,

Have you built a 6-250/6 Creed?

Would it be UBER? Is the BR gonna be more UBER'er?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd be interested in the results for sure.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The International/XC/Creed whatever you wanna call it,never has horned me up...except Improved and necked to .224".(grin)

The 6 BR appeal is due solely the superlative Lapooey brass,as I've long hated Norma. Whatever the 105's velocity is,I'll have enough erector travel in the bank to steal the show and I've seen me dope wind.

Pard recently got a High Zoot 6XC that's 28" 1-7.5" and he's raving about it. I've no doubt it does nice things,but for applying Ooooomph I'm gonna grab a Faux Ti 243AI and rock the Casbah. I'm soooooooo done with long barrels.

Hell,none of my 6-284's are greater than 23"...............

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by teal
I'd be interested in the results for sure.

I could see it catching on,like wildfire..............

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The International/XC/Creed whatever you wanna call it,never has horned me up...except Improved and necked to .224".(grin)

The 6 BR appeal is due solely the superlative Lapooey brass,as I've long hated Norma. Whatever the 105's velocity is,I'll have enough erector travel in the bank to steal the show and I've seen me dope wind.

Pard recently got a High Zoot 6XC that's 28" 1-7.5" and he's raving about it. I've no doubt it does nice things,but for applying Ooooomph I'm gonna grab a Faux Ti 243AI and rock the Casbah. I'm soooooooo done with long barrels.

Hell,none of my 6-284's are greater than 23"...............

I was thinking of using Lapua brass and necking it up to 6 and just buying whatever dies Dave might recommend to go along with whatever 6-250 reamer he uses.

And I agree that few things are more better than ringing 800yd steel over and over and over before somebody asks "Did you say that's a 22-250?"

grin

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
A fast twist 6mm,can't suck.

Pard built his Dick Rifle on a Montucky,wearing a dupe/dupe Liljee 3-grooved 1-8" and it is a HAMMER. Thought real hard about burning this Montucky Donor up in that direction,but I've already got some purty good Dick Rifles...so opted the Less Is More approach to itch scratchin'.

He can reach 1500 and change on the Dicktucky and I can get well past a mile with my Original Dick.

Everyone is scrounging the last of the 30mm Signature DD's,for literally MAX latitude. I went 20MOA in eccentrics and another 50MOA in rear base shims on my Samtucky and with a 225yd 75A-Max zero,reap 42.7 Mils remaining on the erector alone.

It blows minds..................(grin)

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Haha. That's fuggin' cool.

Some might say...UBER.

Travis

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I've got alotta rifles,that have sold alotta rifles..............(grin)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Everyone is scrounging the last of the 30mm Signature DD's,for literally MAX latitude.

Is grim they are getting hard to find..

"Then join in hand, brave Americans all!.....By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Call Burris....

One member here did a 6XC on a tucky, should be sweet.

Hate reminding folks how often they overpower themselves on deer and such, as my longest deer killswas dumped at 400 yds, Amax, 28.5 Varget, 2850 muzzle, 26" Ruger #1V profile carried out. Kepplinger 8 oz set trigger, shot the smallest 3 shot group ever for me at 330 yds, UNDER 1/2 inch.

I'd go 21" on a #2 but you won't lose 15-30fps losing an inch.

If me, also consider 6mm-6.5x47 Lapooey brass wink Feed Eeze, though bore life is less. Prob push 3K, not that 200 mv diff will be 200 at LR. Either need mils, just a few diff.

Aalf might chime in on a Dasher. Might be the Uber.

Lest one on a budget, Ruger AR 243 9T, hacksaw to 20" and fix trigger with the Boxer technique. 4 Bills. Maybe do some rigging on scope ties for mils.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why the 6br over the 243? Mag room? less a couple hundred fps and 10 grains of powder?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lappoey brass he said, and a sleeper.

Me - Bore life of course, little less blast, efficient in a carbine, powder savings. Folks usually build with a purpose and something different than an OEM.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by MadMooner
Why the 6br over the 243? Mag room? less a couple hundred fps and 10 grains of powder?

Sometimes less is more...
Less powder = more barrel
And any engine pushing 105s is cool

"Then join in hand, brave Americans all!.....By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 65BR
Lappoey brass he said, and a sleeper.

Me - Bore life of course, little less blast, efficient in a carbine, powder savings. Folks usually build with a purpose and something different than an OEM.

Yes

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lapua obviously makes fine brass in both.

Just wondering if it was solely the 10 or so less grains of powder that was steering him there.

Regardless, it'd be hard to hate anyone of a bunch of 6 mm hulls in a handy little platform.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The 243 is known as a barrel cooker.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Burris discontinued the 30MM Signature DD's,in their infinite "wisdom".

I just want a Dirty Duty Beater Rifle for Utility and whatever velocity it yields with 105's,I'll certainly be able to coax POA/POI intersections ala the reticle and/or erector. That's the least of my concerns and I don't even have any concerns.(grin)

Figured it'd be a PEACH for kids and newbs,while still having plenty of mustard to reach wellllllll past the 1000yd line.

Hell...might even be fun...................(grin)

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Lapua obviously makes fine brass in both.

Just wondering if it was solely the 10 or so less grains of powder that was steering him there.

Regardless, it'd be hard to hate anyone of a bunch of 6 mm hulls in a handy little platform.

I've lotsa 243's,243AI's,6-284's yada,yada,yada...them bases is more than covered.

Just want a handy/dandy Squirt Gun of mild mannerisms,for Supreme Giggletitude.

If it sucks...I'll warn others,but I've this hunch,that ain't quite how it'll unfold.............

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have a newish 22-inch 6 BR set up like a sporter, but it's a bolt action single shot. Brux #3 barrel, McM Rem Classic stock, Stiller Pred action.

I've been shooting 95 Sierra Matchkings so far, but I haven't chrono'd them yet.

The 6 BR Lapua brass is very good, much tighter tolerances than the 30-06 Lapua brass I've had. I think something like 99/100 cases had neck thickness variation less than 0.001 inches.

I think the Montana would be an angelic platform for a 6 BR, if it would feed reliably. My rifle, even as a single shot, doesn't extract or eject cases with authority. No biggie for me, it's a rifle intended to shoot at steel and targets, not animals. But if I think I could need feeding to work, I'm carrying my 30-06.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My 6BR is a 26" 1-8 twist and with 30.5 gr. Varget behind 105 Amaxs it gives me 2830. I also have a load with 105 amaxs using 29.5 grs. H4895 for 2850 fps, it's as accurate as the Varget load. CCI 450's are about all you'll ever want for primers. As efficient as the case is I'd think 2700 would be easily doable out of a 20" 8 twist.

I love the 6BR, it's basically my definition of magic. Easiest round to make shoot I've ever messed with. Low blast, low recoil, accurate as all get out. It's only downside is feeding, if the montana action will feed it okay then it'll be a dandy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Those that have both - why the BR over XC?

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a 6mm Dasher with a 1-8 twisted Bartlien 5R in a Sendero #13 finished at 26.A un named powder will drive the 105g Berger hybrid at 3077fps.
A 6mm 105g Berger Hybrid at 3000+ is a wonderful thing.
This is on a fullon 1000 yard BR rifle.But its a total joy to shoot.
Thinking your fun gun in a 6BR with a 20 inch barrel will get to pretty close to 2800.We see straight up BRs on the line and they do pretty well.
To do what you want.
I'd think 6x47 Lapua.
A few more grains of powder and even the 20 incher should come alive...
Just excellent quality 6.5x47 brass....you cant get 6XC brass right now...

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I just put together a little 6x47L, and while it's accurate and useful, it's awfully close to a .243. Its capacity puts you in the 40-44 grains of 4350, 4831, N160 or similar, and heats a little sporter barrel up accordingly. I think the 6BR is more versatile as you can get impressive accuracy out of bullets weighing anywhere from 68-105 grains, efficiently, and with what's reported to be longer barrel life. I bought 2 identical Krieger barrels (in case I loved the 6x47L so much I had to have 2) and I'm chambering the 2nd in 6BR, throated for 95gr Bergers.

Failure's always an option
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Why 95's?..............

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If you get it throated just for something like a 105, (.100+) you lose some options if you wann'a shoot something like a 70 flat-base. The 95 has a short bearing surface and can work pretty well with a .060'ish throat without stuffing 'em way down in the case. That, and a 95 with 31.5 grains of Varget or RL15 just seem to work. Been a while, but last time I tried to get 107's and 105's to do anything special it just seemed like too much cement and not enough truck. Switched to the 95's, and been kind'a fond of 'em since.

Failure's always an option
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Nerf Ping Pong Balls,interest me a whole bunch less than none.

It'll be a 105 Show,start to finish................

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I've done the 6BR around the 105 Amax, McClassic, #3 @ 22". Never did impress me much from any perspective. Couldn't get expected velocity and there were no magic in the groups. Went back to the 243.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I'm with stick on this one. Currently building my first custom. 700 action with krieger remington varmint 1-8. 6br cause I love 6mm's and it does amazing things with less powder and longer barrel life. Gonna try 105 amax, scenar, and berger. Also 95 berger. fosnaugh is putting together and should be done any day now. If it feeds like he says my model 7 will probably become a 6br light hunting rifle. Won't have to worry about mag box constraints like I do with most calibers in the 7 action. Should kill deer and other eastern creatures with ease.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thoughts about Berger bullets.
I shoot pant loads of Bergers.
The Hybrid bullet to me, seems, "fussy". Like a VLD bullet it needs its seating depth to be just, "so", even though they say the Hybrid was developed so that wasnt an issue...
This "fussy" seating depth stuff isnt much of a issue provided you dont shoot it much.But if your pullen the loud lever alot.As I know your prone to do.You end up chasing your seating depth as you wear it out.To keep it in its top accuracy zone.Kinda a pain in the azz depending on usage.
Enter the Berger Long Range Boat Tail.
The LRBT profile is a few points below the Hybrid in BC.And as a class of bullet if you keep it off the lands it just works.Doesnt matter in general where its at, as long as its "off".Start with it "off", and find something it likes and you will pretty much wear it out, with out messing with it.
Actually kinda nice.
Lot to lot Berger bullets can vary wildly.
If you take for granted there the same and you get into a different lot number.You will get burned.

If you do get a BR.And I could never understand why you of all people dont have more BR rounds....Your going to find that it will drill smaller groups at 500 yards than anything you currently have.

dave

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'd expect the Hornie 105HPBT to be the mainstay,but will squirt 'em all,if only in the interest of R&D.................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Making wildcats is fun with guns.

On the practical side a 243 will be easier to find and get.

Also the 243 can be loaded down to near a 6BR.

Just presenting an alternative. A 243 Kimber Montana weighs just 6#,11oz. with a 4.5-14 Conquest on it. Thats what a M70 Featherweight goes without a scope!

The 243's ammo is available everywhere. You will never find 6Br loads for game anywhere.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Wow! Thanks alot!

Does a Montana 243 look like this?

[Linked Image]

Keep drooling...................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Monster scope on a Montana.. Excellent choice...

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. Hint.

90gr Scenars in the 10" 'tucky at 3200,zero'd at 250,will take the windshield to 1150yds+. The erector will get to a mile and all out 2000yds. Google as you must.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Good talk..................

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Making wildcats is fun with guns.

On the practical side a 243 will be easier to find and get.
Do you really believe Stick is concerned whatsoever?

Also the 243 can be loaded down to near a 6BR.
Not with anything like the consistency/accuracy a 6BR can deliver.

Just presenting an alternative. A 243 Kimber Montana weighs just 6#,11oz. with a 4.5-14 Conquest on it. Thats what a M70 Featherweight goes without a scope!
I'm pretty sure Stick knows what a Montana weighs. He only owns about two dozen of them.

The 243's ammo is available everywhere. You will never find 6Br loads for game anywhere.
Once again you've missed the point. Stick doesn't care that there aren't factory 6BR game loads. He's going to build them as the point of the whole project.

Some of us actually shoot more than two rounds per rifle and declare it good. I've been through about three thousand .308" Hornady 168 gr. match bullets (not to mention other types, weights and diameters) since the beginning of the year, and Stick has probably exceeded that number of projectiles in the last month or two.

A smallish 6mm that is capable of extreme precision, is miserly in its consumption of powder and barrel steel, has lower muzzle blast, and is properly built to handle a sleek projectile that delivers downrange where it counts, is an attractive proposition to shooters who build significant round counts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. Hint.

90gr Scenars in the 10" 'tucky at 3200,zero'd at 250,will take the windshield to 1150yds+. The erector will get to a mile and all out 2000yds. Google as you must.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Good talk..................

Comment directed towards dumb don..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Bait dangled,awaiting more of her pearls....................(grin)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wishin' I'd have done a slow twist on the son's 6mm-250. But I bought that MR contour barrel 2nd hand and had smith install and clean up the chamber......i.e.: done it up CHEAP with a cut-off Ti stock!

It is a pleasure to shoot with 85 TSX. He's killed 2 does with it, but our WT around here can be kilt with a flyswatter. Now that I've gotten into the A-Max clan, I'd love to be able to fling those with it.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Reserve RPM can only help the equation.

The International in a 2.8" box,grants alotta COAL latitude. People are in a surprising hurry to forget,that the ONLY way bullets get better,is to get longer...so it's nice to leave windows of opportunity wide open.

I'm not an SMK Fan so D-Tac's are out for me,but the 105 Herd is amazingly fantastic...............

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
What about the 6mm-204 ?

Probably not enough butt to run 105's, but should cycle pretty smooth. Nosler has the brass, might be Norma's ?

Used to run a 6mmBR out of a 21" Encore. Lupua brass was super accurate out of it.
Was a little concerned about that short little case out of a bolt action....

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Not enough gas and no gain in logistics.

Feed/function will be a breeze.................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mathman wrote: -->"Once again you've missed the point. Stick doesn't care that there aren't factory 6BR game loads. He's going to build them as the point of the whole project."

?

There may be a 6mm BR game load somewhere but you won't find then in the rural hunting country.

[Linked Image]
grin

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I'll type slow this time.

Stick doesn't care about the lack of factory ammunition. He doesn't need to find them. He will make cartridges to suit his purpose.

Last edited by mathman; 08/17/14.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I happen to LIVE in Rural Hunting Country and I'm liking the "odds" of said rifle having available to it,more superlative ammo than you could begin to fathom.

Pretty certain,I shoot a smidge.............(hint)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mathman, you wrote:

Mathman wrote: -->"Once again you've missed the point. Stick doesn't care that there aren't factory 6BR game loads.

wink

[Linked Image]

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dumb Don,you "tell" him,because you are on FIRE!

Laughing.............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
�When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser."

Socrates

grin

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Perhaps get "crafty" and hang some Rural Hunting Country "conquest" pics and touch on the "particulars" associated,that granted you such "magnificent" opportunity.

That'll "show" him!...........

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I'm speaking to availability, not strict existence.

There may be a 6mm BR game load somewhere but you won't find then in the rural hunting country.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"Schit floats,as you eloquently attest"................

Big Stick

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dumb Don,my hopes are you are going through your extensive collection of stunning photography,as a magnificent Trump Card at the expense of others and really Show Case your "experience","knowledge" and "results" in all their "splendor".

It WILL be a one sided "victory"..................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stick,

I am disappointed that you have resorted to slurs. Such lazy talk adds little to our interest in guns and hunting.

In fact I was pleased to see you return as your photo's are excellent.

Keep in mind that I have been hunting for 60 years and have extensive shooting experience.

Your idea of writing on a cartridge case with a Sharpie pen what the load is a good idea.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dumb Don,

I am not suprised that your Reality cannot begin to keep pace with your Pretend.

No need to reiterate what an amazingly sloooooooooowwwwwwwww "learner" you are,as you perpetually reiterate it obliviously,by doing your "best".

Happy Imagination,to you.................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Stick doesn't care that there aren't factory 6BR game loads. He's going to build them as the point of the whole project."

[Linked Image]

grin

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dumb Don,

Is it not your saving grace,that Imagination and Pretend are priced the same as Plagiarism,so you can afford to "contribute"?

You've "learned" so "much" in your "Life"!

Congratulations?!?...............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Number of years ago I turned a 6mm PPC into a chuck gun.
I just switched out the 65g Hollisters(BR load),for some 55g ballistic tips.
Its not by any means a light weight but out to 300 yards its total nutszoid accurate.
Turns chucks off like flippen a switch.
ie.... dont use the BR stuff on chucks.
I have often thought that your 20 incher, carry around thingie in a 6mm PPC, might be alot of fun for chuck wet work where the distances dont go much beyond 300 or so.
Its on the bucket list.

dave

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Isn't that a discontinued item?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Contemplated going 6PPC on a 224Wby Jap Varmintmaster,just for giggles.............

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
How about a 243 wssm?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
If I want 243 performance,I'll shoot a 243.

Gotta have some GOOD reasons to go .532" and WSSM ain't close to it..............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In 1957 I bought a new M70 Varmint rifle for use as a four position target rifle and long range chuck hunting. I loaded the 75 gr Sierra for the most part with a reduced load for the 200 yd matches.

I did well with the rifle and wanted a heavier one with a marksman's stock. Thus I ordered a 40X in 6mm Remington International with a 1-10 twist. I did very well with the rifle and over the years shot the barrel out and had a new Douglas put on with the same chamber and twist. I still have the rifle and it's ready.

The load I used was that 75 gr Sierra over a little less than 31 grs of 3031. It was very accurate yet had low recoil.

[Linked Image]

""B" is the 250 Savage necked to 22 caliber aka the 22 Varminter or 22-250.

"D" is 6x250 with a 30 or 35 degree shoulder and is one of several similar, if not identical wildcats known by various names. Amongst us long range benchrest shooters it is like a belly button - everbody has one. You could say it is one version of the 6mm International.

"A" is the 6mm Walker International. Some call it the 6mm Remington International.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Appreciate your taking the time to plagiarize pics of others and talk out your ass even further and reiterate on your INCREDIBLY sloooooooowwwwwwww "learning".

Thanks!......................(wow)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Appreciate your taking the time to plagiarize pics of others and talk out your ass even further and reiterate on your INCREDIBLY sloooooooowwwwwwww "learning".

Thanks!......................(wow)

That's quite rude Big Stick and out of line. I was just showing how both of us have used smaller 6mm's well. Please stop that behavior.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dumb Don,

Lying and Plagiarism is rude,but there's not much else you can do...besides drool and schit your pants.

Congratulations?!?..............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big Stick,

You are ruining a good discussion of guns and rifles by name calling.

I intend to behave as a gentleman and to participate in this forum with my experiences.

The picture I posted is from the net where it seems to be public.

Here is the site where I found that picture International Ammunition Association

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What are you discussing Don?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This topic drifted to a point that a smaller 6mm cartridge is enough for some.

I gave my experiences with one.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dumb Don,

I am SHOCKED that picture,isn't your's. Are you going to "tell" me next,nor is the one of the 6BR ammo? SHOCKING stuff!

You intend to talk out your ass,in regards to the things you "know" the LEAST about...mainly because it's as close as you can come and Pretend "works" well for your needs.

As an aside,you are doing "great"..................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big Stick,

Your posts tonight have become useless and are killing our enjoyment of our sport.

I am putting you back on ignore.

Please stop it.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Stick is looking at 1,000 yards. To bad there isn't a A-max in .257

.250 Savage is perfect for "Light done right".

Inside 500 steps....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dumb Don,

Here's wishing you THE best of luck on your Imaginary Pretend Ignore and the sweet "satisfactions" that must be your's,to create such a fabricated figment as a Trump Card.

As an aside,the drool is unbecoming.....................(hint)

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Chrome,

I hear good things about 75A-Max at 3500fps via 22-250AI.............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Big Stick,

Your posts tonight have become useless and are killing our enjoyment of our sport.

I am putting you back on ignore.

Please stop it.

There are tons of members now checking this thread to see what one must do for you to put them on ignore. TONS!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
She should sell it for 20 bucks a pop.

Laffin'!..............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Would be Breaking Bad levels of cash if he were to figure that one out.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
GOLD Mine!.............

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dumb Don musta run outta Pretend for a smidge?

Was looking forward to more Retardation.

Wheels up...adieu bitches..............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A 6BR will pass a 250-3K long before 500 yds, and use less powder. A 250-3000 done right is a 6.5 Savage AI. AKA Creedmoor

Or the new 6CM, if spun right.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
According to the 24hourcampfire bylaws.

It states:
section 2, paragraph 7.

Never disparage, asperse, condemn or criticize the .250 Savage aka .250-3000.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
smile I do appreciate the virtues, do not get me wrong.

Anything sandwiched between 6-7mm in a BR > 308 sized case, cannot be a bad thing, with good bullets, in an accurate well built rifle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So what's the ETA on this LDR?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm flipping my work schedule around,so as to yield The November To Remember...but will sluice a Big Buck with it.

Will have a blank and barrel to trace at The Plumber's,so will only need to get home box it up and ship it out. I generally don't have to wait more than a day or two on a build.................

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I'm flipping my work schedule around,so as to yield The November To Remember...but will sluice a Big Buck with it.

Will have a blank and barrel to trace at The Plumber's,so will only need to get home box it up and ship it out. I generally don't have to wait more than a day or two on a build.................

I like the concept a lot and I'm definitely interested in seeing the finished product.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dies/brass oughtta beat me home..................

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
What dies did you choose?

I assume the brass choice begins with L and ends with apua.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I built a 6XC on my Montana. Figure that case and the Montana mag box are a match made in heaven.

Mine has a Broughton 1:7.3" twist barrel, contour matches the factory barrel through the shank, but tapered to .6" at 24". It's topped with a Nightforce 2.5-10x32 with Zero Stop in Nightforce Ultralight rings on top of a Talley 20MOA base. Weighs 7lbs on the nose (minus the bipod). Eddie Fosnaugh did the cerakote.

I did have Eddie slap one of Karl's shifters on there which I really like. Need to get a picture of it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas
What dies did you choose?

I assume the brass choice begins with L and ends with apua.

Redding Comp Bushing and 10-4.................

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I hope to find some more Signature DD 30mm's,to house a 6x MQ FF.
40+ Mils of erector,the other side of a 200yd zero,would be nice..................

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Got home from work today and it was awaiting my arrival. The 105'Max kisses square at 2.320" and they make 2675fps easily. Shots #6,7 and 8 out of the virgin spout touched at 100yds and that was good enough for load development.

.0025" constriction is doing nice things.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

2.320" kiss.

[Linked Image]

20MOA rail is nice for ring spacing...though it only leaves 23.7 Mils from a 200yd zero. The windshield will reach 1000yds easily and all out a mile is a breeze. A 75MOA rail would be nice.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Will whistle 50rds through it tomorrow to see WTF at 1000 and beyond.

[Linked Image]

The 20.3" contour dupe handles nicely and there's promise in the parcel. I reckon Critters will be giddy to pose with it.

Will paint it,after it's scratched up enough for it to adhere...which'll be no later than noon tomorrow...........(grin)

A Rabid addendum:

I'll Steel Wool wool moly away for COAL pics,as it seems to connect more dots for folks. The moly rounds are live.

Decided to load an extry 50rds this morning and perhaps shim the box,so it is more fitting of the modest COAL.

Pre-Rut this pass,gearing up for the 3wks of The November To Remember. Time to be Calling/Rattling now and keeping one's nose in the wind. Can see myself getting sidetracked,dredging Chrome,as it is ON.

Have a few more DBM's to install and some Kenworth shifters to screw on too.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/913/kGtQk7.jpg[/img]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/673/aBUsL6.jpg[/img]

And shim some more glass,so as to eek more erector travel.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/912/e3BOpY.jpg[/img]

Have a coupla more FF glass enroute,so it's gonna be a busy R&R...just like always................(grin)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thought you were sick there for a minute and shooting nekkid boolits!

See the dummy rds are molyed.

I believe that dog will hunt.

Are you hitting the rut on this pass through or next?

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where did the 20MOA rail for the Montana come from?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by David_Walter

I could be wrong, but it looks like an EGW HD
http://www.opticsplanet.com/evolution-gun-works-hd-kimber.html

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by clark98ut
I built a 6XC on my Montana. Figure that case and the Montana mag box are a match made in heaven.

Mine has a Broughton 1:7.3" twist barrel, contour matches the factory barrel through the shank, but tapered to .6" at 24". It's topped with a Nightforce 2.5-10x32 with Zero Stop in Nightforce Ultralight rings on top of a Talley 20MOA base. Weighs 7lbs on the nose (minus the bipod). Eddie Fosnaugh did the cerakote.

I did have Eddie slap one of Karl's shifters on there which I really like. Need to get a picture of it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I've shot this rig and it's slicker than greased moose poop.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Got home from work today and it was awaiting my arrival. The 105'Max kisses square at 2.320" and they make 2675fps easily. Shots #6,7 and 8 out of the virgin spout touched at 100yds and that was good enough for load development.

.0025" constriction is doing nice things.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

2.320" kiss.

[Linked Image]

20MOA rail is nice for ring spacing...though it only leaves 23.7 Mils from a 200yd zero. The windshield will reach 1000yds easily and all out a mile is a breeze. A 75MOA rail would be nice.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The 20.3" contour dupe handles nicely and there's promise in the parcel. I reckon Critters will be giddy to pose with it.

Will paint it,after it's scratched up enough for it to adhere...which'll be no later than noon tomorrow...........(grin)

A Rabid addendum:

I'll Steel Wool wool moly away for COAL pics,as it seems to connect more dots for folks. The moly rounds are live.

Decided to load an extry 50rds this morning and perhaps shim the box,so it is more fitting of the modest COAL.

Pre-Rut this pass,gearing up for the 3wks of The November To Remember. Time to be Calling/Rattling now and keeping one's nose in the wind. Can see myself getting sidetracked,dredging Chrome,as it is ON.

Have a few more DBM's to install and some Kenworth shifters to screw on too.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/913/kGtQk7.jpg[/img]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/673/aBUsL6.jpg[/img]

And shim some more glass,so as to eek more erector travel.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/912/e3BOpY.jpg[/img]

Have a coupla more FF glass enroute,so it's gonna be a busy R&R...just like always................(grin)

That looks like a hell of a lot of fun!

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
thanks Steve.

In Tacoma this weekend for Guard. Know a good place to look for used Montanas?

John Stark.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
What scopes are those BS?

AF
Let your work be shown to your servants, and your glorious power to their children.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

[Linked Image]

Good job on producing an absolute clusterphuck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
thanks Steve.

I make the rounds fairly regular and don't recall seeing one in the used rack recently. Welchers has a couple NIB.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to grab lunch or a beer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem338win
What scopes are those BS?

That's one of the SWFA Super Sniper scopes. Not sure if it's the 6x or 10x, but I think he said 6x.

Originally Posted by slm9s

I could be wrong, but it looks like an EGW HD
http://www.opticsplanet.com/evolution-gun-works-hd-kimber.html

Stick posted elsewhere that is an EGW. Talley also makes a 20MOA rail for the Kimbers.

Originally Posted by TexasPhotog

I've shot this rig and it's slicker than greased moose poop.

About to get slicker real soon...2.5-10x42 Nightforce will be here next week. grin

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Kchuntfest 2014 continues and Prairie Fairy is cupping her wings and swooping in for the "Win". Laffin'! 'Course she's powerless in the refrain of waxing eloquent in "doing" almost as "much" as Jeff-O and Savage99 and mebbe with luck,she'll regale even further with more of her splendid pics. Re-laffin'!

Might this be a Window Licking Continuation of the "dreaded" Rifle Tip Over Chronicles?!? Let's pfhuqqing hope! UBER funny groundworks,being cemented in place. Laffin'!

Perhaps take a TV Timeout and mention what someone as pfuqqing STUPID as you,"does" for a "Living". Feel free to use as much Imagination and Pretend that it takes,to spruce the delusions right the pfhuqq up. Laffin'!

Now as The Tip Over Theorum goes,do thing become more "perilous" as center of gravity swings in huge changes,due barrel length and paint thickness? Hoping to hear your fascinating version of "knowledge","experience" and "results",as you feverishly flog the couch and rack up hours on your static kchunt. Laffin'!

I could only muse in the first hand,that things are well beyond Skookum when talking like contours and skewing things from 20,21 and 22-inches of spout length. PLEASE weigh in with more of your "findings". Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

As per always,it's never not a treat to be gifted with your FASCINATING inside firsthand look at Retardation and "all" the "satisfactions" it garners. Congratulations?!?

Prolly a REAL good pfhuqqing time for you to start taking notes.

Hint.

Laffin'!

Thank me later.

WOW+P+!!!

David,

Rail is in fact a 20MOA EGW,just like the one in the picture(s).(grin)

I'd prefer not to rail,but I slicked up all the 30mm DD Signatures on the Planet and it is,what it is. It would have reached the 2000yd line with the incorporation of another 20 Mils of erector travel,but will do nice thangs as it sets.

Blowed like Prairie Fairy yesterday and only had it out to the 850yd line. It was a right proper Hissy Fit,taking the neighbor's roof away and tumble weeding my NuCanoe into a rather impressive javelin.

Funny schit!

[Linked Image]

A guy stopped to turn his truck around,right on the shore of The Milford yesterday late afternoon and the gentle breeze blew his canopy offa his truck and I reckon it's still going.(grin)

In a perfect World I'd have reversible front DD's and 30mm DD Signatures aboard all,so as to bask ring spacing and erector travel...but will make do.

The "concessions" one makes in the interest of R&D.(grin)

'9s,

Optics Planet were the source and I trade there a smidge and have never been gypped.

'Photog,

It's a right proper SLEEPER,which were of course the premise. Wingmen are already gonna build of similar suit,after only a day of shooting.

Little bastard is a pfhuqqing PEACH.

Shimmed the box with a .250" aluminum plate an shortened a milld 700 .473" follower to Swiss Watch 'er guts.

Fastener location and type rate a thunk,to keep things away from the fire control unit and inlet both.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Did relieve for the shim,after a crunch mock assembly to "blueprint" malady,while Starting At The Pfhuqqing Start.

B4

[Linked Image]

B after

[Linked Image]

Gots m a hunch,that I'm onto sumptin'.(grin)

It'll be Famous,in nooooooooo time.

'338win,

More Fixed Fuqkers.

Worked out right,in that the rifle was awaiting me at the house,as was the glass(6X MQ),then despite the weather (2) more arrived yesterday afternoon(another 6X MD and a 16X MQ for the BMFOTP.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/673/4y2cD9.jpg[/img]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/913/8YLwtR.jpg[/img]

Poked the 6X MD on a 7-08AI wearing DBM and AICS mags. Will cool heels this AM,swill coffee and inlet/bed/paint it.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/673/N3rMaW.jpg[/img]

Have 'em in 6,10,12 and 16x with 20 specimens total and need a few dozen more,to thoroughly scratch the itch. Pards have a few too and of the 50 or so going,noone is less than ecstatic....with the Montucky Tip Over being held in especially high esteem,though only in 2223,2223AI,22-250AI,243,243AI,7-08,308,7 Whizzum,300Whizzum and 280AI chamberings. Nothing over 24",of course.

If you listen close....you'll be able to hear The Paper Hat Brigade whining in pfhuqqing unison,at the very mention of such facts. Laffin'!

FUNNY schit!

'Mooner,

One has gotta keep their nose in the wind and I've loooooonnnnngggggggggg been in the bidness of buying used Montuckies that "don't shoot".

They's the rarest of gems.(grin)

Needing a .473" L/A for a 23" 6-06 next,in a 3-grooved 8" twist dupe.

Might even poke one of them Tip Over scopes atop it.

Laffin'!

'98,

Only have 6X's on all of my Montuckies.

Hell...them sparse X's ain't even pfhuqqing "fair"....nor close.(grin)

If I get some weather,I'll roll some video for The Window Lickers to mull and touch a smidge more,on the "horrors" of Tip Over.

I'm crying I'm laughing soooooooooooo pfhuqqing hard!

WHERE do these CLUELESS Kchunts come from?!?

Just soooooooooo WOW +P++++.

(Addendum for more of Prairie Fairy's insecurities)

Sweetheart,

I ain't much fun to try and keep pace with and you can only do the "best" you can "do". Bless your heart.

You ALMOST said something about The Rifle,but went to FULL Pfhuqqing Whine Mode instead and you'll pardon my feigning my "surprise",as you dig deep in the reserves of all the things you almost did,all the wares you nearly did 'em with and all the places you pfhuqqing near did 'em. Laffin'!

Perspective and facts are often intellesting and I enjoy watching Reality collide with you Drooling Dumbphfuqqer's Fantasy(ies).

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/2R8G9469.jpg[/img]

Keep plagiarizing,you are really doing "great".

Laffin'!

Perhaps give thought to going FULL Secret Squirrel and again honking on your Rape Whistle,so as to summons the Do Nothing Brigade and you testy gals can go for the jugular,with "all" your faculties bolted together and REALLY make a "stand".

You poor poor CLUELESS Kchunt.

Just ohhhh sooooooooo....WOW.

Laffin'!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[Linked Image]

Looks like this guy has been using the Big Schtick technique on his car.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is my slow twist 6BR. Accurate fun little gun.
[Linked Image]
It shoots pretty good with a re-contoured Keriger BR barrel.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by 6MMWASP; 10/03/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
[Linked Image]

Looks like this guy has been using the Big Schtick technique on his car.

Here`s the original Big Stick RV/Scooby Van with BS himself back in the days when he could barely make it out the tops of his boots. Somethings never change.

Too bad I'll have to wait 48 hrs for the hook to set ...... Laffin'

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
SuperKchunt,

"Congratulations" upon the SWEET "satisfactions" that must be your's,in being "lucky" enough to have more of my pictures in your Photobucket Account,than you do of yourself. Laffin'!

Ain't it a right proper Dichotomy,that your entire "Life" is a fruitless ruse and that "living" vicariously,is as close as you will EVER get?!? Bless your heart. Laffin'!

You'll pardon my adding more Factoids to your glaring insecurities and in no particular order,than chronological.

(1) Puberty were especially kind to me and you need look no further than your Cock Gawking Fascinations to confirm same. Laffin'!

2) I also "suffered" the "rigors" associated with winning the Nat'l Championship due my Athletic Excellence. Rest assured,you wanna be me in the crunch. Laffin'!

3) I was "fraught" with knocking the bottom out of The Prom Queen and being crowned Prom King,despite my rough edges. Laffin'!

PS...I Married The Boner Of The Month. Hint. Re-laffin'!

4) I shot more in my teenage years than you've "managed" in your "whole" pathetic "Life". Laffin'!

If only to substantiate your Insecurities...and as a starter. Laffin'!

Now for your Cock Gawkedness,I'll toss you a cookie and you can feel free to use as much Imagination and Pretend that you can muster,to coax yourself into "believing" you don't already have the pic loaded in "your" account. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Never have seen a dog,thanks for your uncanny "experience","knowledge" and "results",as the byproduct of your "hard charging" ways. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Too bad that The World will have to wait on your Reincarnation,so you can "contribute" in the firsthand.

Laffin'!

You Drooling Clueless Dumbpfhuqqs are a hoot!

As an aside the 7-08AI is doing nice thangs. Hint.

From a 225yd zero,the erector will reach the 1800yd line and the windshield bonus,will squarely carry the parcel into "Long Range". Laffin'!

Re-17 shines brightly,2850fps with 162's is a breeze and increased COAL latitude with (5) formed pokes in the belly,do not suck. Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/540/Wed0Hq.jpg[/img]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/631/fwgdte.jpg[/img]

'Course it's in The Paint Shop currently. Hint.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/905/ulAaRU.jpg[/img]

GREAT talk.

You poor poor STUPID Pfhuqq!

Wow+P+.

Oooooopsssssss,if only as an aside...money DO grow on trees.

Laffin'!

Addendum:

'6,

THANKS...never even pfhuqqing heard of it!

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/909/FECBhg.jpg[/img]

Laffin'!

'Kchunt,

You're doing "great"!

Laffin'!

Looking forward to seeing more of my pictures,in "your" Album.

Laffin'!

At least Imagination and Pretend are priced in accordance to your means,so you can "contribute".

Bless your heart.

Pretend ain't real...despite your feverish attempts to Imagine same.

Hint.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BS Try some 17 in the BR with the 105 and report back hint

Pack it in rehint

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can believe you wasted your 1 per 48hr post like that. Pathetic, really! Hard being short, isn't it?

See you in two days or less depending on which one of your alter egos posts first ...... Laffin'

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
...except Improved and necked to .224". grin

Now yer talkin'!

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Jury is still out.

Laughing................

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Love those red headed bucks you guys have up there. May have to go up and shoot one of them one day here.

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those are three dandies!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And so Nov begins. Nice bucks stick.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jury is still out.

Laughing................

[Linked Image]

RAR? What cal?

John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow! Great bucks Stick.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bunch of nice bucks there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And I thought it was a T3! Lol.

Guessing a 243 8t.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm thinking his RAR is a .223 IIRC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
thanks Steve.

I make the rounds fairly regular and don't recall seeing one in the used rack recently. Welchers has a couple NIB.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to grab lunch or a beer.

Cabelas in Lacey. 84M Montana in 243.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
THE Baby BR continues to crush Fantasy and reliably arrange stellar Realities.

WARNING!!!: Do Nothing Drooling Dumbfhuqks will do well now...to scroll away.

Laughing!

The EGW rail was trite,for stuffing the belly and got The Massage. Initially radiused it,so as to be more digit friendly,but it weren't enough of The Right Stuff.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Have flogged on 'er purty good and the only thing it'll do,is DAZZLE. Near/far,in between...it don't make a fhuqk!

It retains 23.5 Mils on the erector,from it's 200yd zero(which will get to the 1500yd line from the shores of The Milford,leaving 10 Mils on the windshield as cushion) and that'll do some seriously nice thangs with a 105 A-Max at 2700fps+. Am really grooving on LeverEvolution in it and a herd of 223AI's as well. ES is nothing,as is SD and it's gotta be seen,to be believed in regards to it's Precision.

It'll happily Cast(this morning).

[Linked Image]

And Blast(coupla days ago). Single poke at 208yds,via 105 A-Max,most of which exited...though their were shards on the offside shoulder's hide.

[Linked Image]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/661/lGSydD.jpg[/img]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/673/2uxaU3.jpg[/img]

Wingman's Montucky tipped over at the same time,due the Imaginary Prairie Goat Fhuqk. LUCKILY,they landed sunny side up!

Laughing!

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/908/8aLYMC.jpg[/img]

Can see this one getting Famous too.....................(grin)

(Addendum: The Dude was Trout Wrasslin' this AM)

It's mettle,has the metal,to whether the weather and few know....witch is which.

Laughing!.......................

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/540/JWRISX.jpg[/img]

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Awesome bear Stick. Looks old.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Was the bear named Buck? He did get "removed." grin

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Stick keeps stackin em up

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Impossible.... I read right here on the 'Fire that AMaxes were pieces of schit.....Laffin...

That's a UBER bear Stick...

Last edited by joshf303; 04/10/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stunt shooter.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice pumpkin head on that bruin.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Nice pumpkin head on that bruin.

Sure does! Big feet, too!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amax works MO better in short rounds in short barrels wink
Ran my first 6BR in '96. Not sure why it took so long to be discovered.

98 - need field pics of your XC. Your turn!

Some day I will build my LDR - 264BR

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm always amazed at Big Stick/Boxer's use of Butler Creek scope caps.

As hard as he is on gear and his insistence to use nothing but the best...I've learned a lot off him but I have not had those caps last longer than a morning hunt, even when they are not flipped up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm always amazed at Big Stick/Boxer's use of Butler Creek scope caps.

As hard as he is on gear and his insistence to use nothing but the best...I've learned a lot off him but I have not had those caps last longer than a morning hunt, even when they are not flipped up.

Your experience with Butler Creek is like my experience with Burris scopes. It must be a genetic thing.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Maybe his caps are the older, better made ones?

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I know that if someone made a Alumina knock off at half the price, I'd be buying. 100 bones is steep, but leupold has a great product. I wish other manufacturers would thread the inside of the eye and objective for screw in lens caps.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1234, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,052
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.