Hop To
#9104110 08/16/14
F
Frm Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
I need a new pair of wading boots. Any good suggestions out there?

"We've had enough of exhortations to be silent! Cry out with a hundred thousand tongues! I see that the world is rotten because of silence!"
St. Catherine of Sienna
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a pair of Patagonia Rock Grip wading boots, and they have superior traction on slick surfaces. They happen to be on sale now at Patagonia's website.

The Rock Grips have the best traction of any wading boot I've used, but I'm not crazy about the fit of the boot. It's okay, but it feels a bit too tight in the toe box area. Also, It's not the most comfortable boot to walk in. If you are looking for traction above all else, it might be the perfect boot for you. If you prefer a boot that feels like a quality hiker, then maybe you'll want to look elsewhere.

Here is a link to the Patagonia Rock Grip sale. They also have another style wading boot on sale for less money, but I know nothing about that one:

Patagonia Rock Grip Sale

F
Frm Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
CoalCracker,
Sorry for my slow response and thank you for your suggestion. I have taken your advice and now have the Patagonia Rock Grips. I saved a few bucks ordering them through Sierra Trading Post. I'm surprised that no one else had any suggestions about wading boots - guess no one is into wading . . . .
Frm

"We've had enough of exhortations to be silent! Cry out with a hundred thousand tongues! I see that the world is rotten because of silence!"
St. Catherine of Sienna
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You're welcome, and I hope the boots work out for you.

I'm a long-time customer and big fan of STP. With their DealFlyer email coupons, it's tough to beat their prices if they have what you are looking for.

F
Frm Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
I had been a big fan of STP; however, the last 2 years I've noticed a big change in quality and service. Is it just me?

St. Catherine of Sienna
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Frm
I had been a big fan of STP; however, the last 2 years I've noticed a big change in quality and service. Is it just me?

Couple years ago they were bought by the company that owns the large retailers TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Homegoods and I agree they don't have quite the selection or the customer response they did before.

As far as boots, I have Chotas and they are OK. Maryland outlawed felt soles waders a couple years ago and I bought these. They are slick as snot without the studs (which they come with). Most of the streams I fish here are not too bad so they're OK but the Patagonias have gotten far better reviews.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,754 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,574
Posts18,453,925
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.