Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/1...ness-backing-police-version-in-ferguson/

A purported conversation captured on a YouTube video apparently shot in the immediate aftermath of the fatal police shooting of Michael Brown has a possible witness saying the unarmed 18-year-old charged at the officer who fired the shots that have led to more than a week of sometimes violent demonstrations in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson.

Amid angry condemnations of the police and pledges to move away from the mean streets of Ferguson, one man describes what he saw as he witnessed the shooting. He seems to describe how the 6 foot, 4 inch, 300-pound Brown tussled with Police Officer Darren Wilson and charged him, an account that may corroborate Wilson's story and cast doubt on claims of other purported witnesses who say Wilson shot Brown as he ran away, his hands in the air.

EXTREMELY GRAPHIC CONTENT: This YouTube video contains disturbing images and audio content, which should be considered before viewing (VIDEO LINK IN THE ARTICLE)

"I mean, the police was in the truck [sic] and he was, like, over the truck," the man says. "So then he ran, police got out and ran after him.

�The next thing I know, he comes back towards them."

- Purported witness to shooting of Michael Brown

�The next thing I know, he comes back towards them. The police had his guns drawn on him."

The graphic, 10-minute video, which has been viewed nearly 1 million times on YouTube, begins with the camera operator walking toward the street where Brown's body can be seen lying on the pavement on the other side of yellow police tape. The reliability of those heard speaking cannot be verified, but Ed Magee, spokesman for the St. Louis County Prosecutor's Office, said investigators are aware of the video and others allegedly taken at the scene and are trying to track down witnesses through them.

"Killed him for no reason," the camera operator says as he moves toward the seen in the broad daylight of early afternoon on Aug. 9.

A group of residents stands several yards away from one side of the body, and three Ferguson Police Department SUVs are parked on the other side, with police officers walking toward them. Three minutes into the video, a man witnesses say is Brown's father approaches the prone body and then is quickly ushered away by two police officers.

The camera operator and another man are heard claiming that the police officer, who authorities later identified as Wilson, shot Brown as he held up his hands and said 'Don't shoot,' then stood over him and "shot him some more." But the camera operator acknowledges only hearing shots and not witnessing the shooting, and attributes the account to "that's what they said."

"They say he had his hands up and everything, and they just shot him anyway," the unidentified camera operator says.

With the police vehicles to the camera operator's left, and Brown's body facing them, a purported witness describes how Brown ran from the police.

"He was running away?" one man asks. "Why his body come this way, though?"

Dorian Johnson, a friend of Brown's who was with him when he was shot and is suspected to have been present moments earlier when Brown carried out a strong-arm theft of a box of cigars at a liquor store, has claimed Brown was never reaching over or into Wilson's squad SUV. He has claimed that Wilson struck Brown with the vehicle door as he got out, then fired at Brown as he ran away, continuing to shoot even after Brown turned to face him, his hands in the air in surrender.

An autopsy conducted at the request of Brown's family by Dr. Michael Baden, the noted former chief medical examiner of New York, reportedly determined that Brown was hit with six bullets, four to the right arm and two to the head, all to the front and none from close range. One of the bullets entered the top of Brown�s skull, suggesting his head was bent forward.

�This one here looks like his head was bent downward,� Baden told The New York Times. �It can be because he�s giving up, or because he�s charging forward at the officer.�

Police have said Wilson confronted Brown because he was walking in the middle of the street and have given differing information about whether Wilson was aware that Brown was a suspect in the robbery. Police said Brown struggled with the officer and reached for his weapon after being confronted, though several witnesses have claimed Brown raised his hands and was not attacking the officer.

Wilson is in seclusion and his account has not been made public. But a woman who claimed to be a close friend of his family told a St. Louis radio program that when Wilson tried to get out of his vehicle, Brown slammed the door shut on him. When Wilson finally managed to exit the SUV, Brown rushed him and punched him, according to the woman, whose association with Wilson's family was not verified by the radio program

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder has approved a third autopsy on Brown's body, which will be conducted by a federal medical examiner.

The shooting touched off several days of protests that have ranged from peaceful to violent, and have included looting. Police have been blamed for exacerbating the protests with a military-style response that critics say inflamed demonstrators and turned the city of 21,000 into what some have likened to a "war zone."

The FBI has opened a civil rights investigation into the shooting, and President Obama has called for calm and issued a statement expressing condolences to the family and the community. Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon has declared a state of emergency and implemented a midnight-to-5-a.m. curfew in the city.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
way is theya no mawfokkuh amber lamps heppin him

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Wait till the whe story comes out, there's going to be a lot of disappointed niqqers

Last edited by ldholton; 08/18/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ldholton
Wait till the whe store comes out, there's going to be a lot of disappointed niqqers
idk....Dr Baden is already eluding to the hands up hypothesis- and towing the "no signs of struggle" line

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by ldholton
Wait till the whe store comes out, there's going to be a lot of disappointed niqqers
idk....Dr Baden is already eluding to the hands up hypothesis- and towing the "no signs of struggle" line

Baden is a medical whore. Gives support to whoever is paying him.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If your hands are up, then you are exposing the backside of your arms. He was shot on the front side of his arm. Either he was shot with his hands up running away, or with his arms down advancing.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Blacks need to learn that Law enforcement officers are not taught to shoot to wound as wounded assailants can still kill you, but dead men can�t.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
If your hands are up, then you are exposing the backside of your arms. He was shot on the front side of his arm. Either he was shot with his hands up running away, or with his arms down advancing.
Or arm wounds from fighting over weapon in door / front seat of squad car . The national guard is coming in , think that's to give the niqqers good news ?? Funny no one has said any thing about how beaten the the officer was

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
sheetfk

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I saw this posted on another site:

I'm a police officer, not in Missouri, but in another part of the midwest. From the location of the bullet wounds, I can tell you that based on them alone, the story of Brown having his hands in the air is bull. We are taught to shoot center mass, because when your adrenaline is pumping and your shaking, you're more likely to hit if you're shooting at the largest zone on the person. Following center mass, we're taught to double tap to the head, because of the instance of our rounds not stopping the person, or they are wearing body armour. All the rounds in the arm, are consistent with someone having their hands down, facing forward with their arms in front of their chest. The final two shots to the head, are indications that the initial shots to the body weren't doing the job, and the officer followed his training and double tapped to the head.

Is this officer innocent? I have no idea. But from working the job, and being a Use of Force instructor for my agency, everything I have seen and read points toward justified shoot. By Federal Law (we'll see if Holder upholds it), you can shoot someone that is un-armed when there are other factors at play. Namely the factors we know, and have heard are: Brown was considerably larger than the officer. His size decreased the likelihood that the officer can engage hand to hand with Brown and come out on top. Before anyone says Taser, using that weapon without backup is incredibly dangerous. You need both barbs to hit solidly in order to get a good connection. Again, Brown's size would have played in to the effectiveness of the Taser. Brown had already been in a scuffle with the officer. It's been reported that the officer's face has shown the results of that scuffle, so Brown has already showed he's willing to assault an officer. Finally, you have multiple contacts. Remember that Brown was with Johnson. This multiplies the dynamic of the confrontation. Even if you were able to take Brown on in hand to hand, you still have to contend with the possibility of Johnson engaging. Also, you have the report that there was a struggle for the officer's gun, and that the first shot was fired inside the squad car. Now you have an individual who has attempted to take your gun away, and their is only one reason you can logically conclude that someone would do that. Now, even after Brown disengages, you have the 21 foot rule. The 21 foot rule is, at a distance of 21 feet, you have just enough time to react and draw your weapon and fire if someone charges you. So to paint the picture that the officer was seeing, a large man, who was considerable larger than himself, just attacked him in his squad car, went for his weapon to try and take it and kill him, is now less than 21 feet away, and even if he takes a step towards the officer, all of his training is saying to shoot and go home to your family.

Finally, a lot has been made about Johnson stating that the officer pulled Brown into his car, and that's why they were scuffling there. #$%$ No officer, for any reason, is ever going to pull someone into their car. There is no tactical advantage to doing it. No one is ever trained to do it, and when put into a stressful situation you revert to the way you've been trained.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm a police officer, not in Missouri, but in another part of the midwest. From the location of the bullet wounds, I can tell you that based on them alone, the story of Brown having his hands in the air is bull. We are taught to shoot center mass, because when your adrenaline is pumping and your shaking, you're more likely to hit if you're shooting at the largest zone on the person. Following center mass, we're taught to double tap to the head, because of the instance of our rounds not stopping the person, or they are wearing body armour. All the rounds in the arm, are consistent with someone having their hands down, facing forward with their arms in front of their chest. The final two shots to the head, are indications that the initial shots to the body weren't doing the job, and the officer followed his training and double tapped to the head.

Is this officer innocent? I have no idea. But from working the job, and being a Use of Force instructor for my agency, everything I have seen and read points toward justified shoot. By Federal Law (we'll see if Holder upholds it), you can shoot someone that is un-armed when there are other factors at play. Namely the factors we know, and have heard are: Brown was considerably larger than the officer. His size decreased the likelihood that the officer can engage hand to hand with Brown and come out on top. Before anyone says Taser, using that weapon without backup is incredibly dangerous. You need both barbs to hit solidly in order to get a good connection. Again, Brown's size would have played in to the effectiveness of the Taser. Brown had already been in a scuffle with the officer. It's been reported that the officer's face has shown the results of that scuffle, so Brown has already showed he's willing to assault an officer. Finally, you have multiple contacts. Remember that Brown was with Johnson. This multiplies the dynamic of the confrontation. Even if you were able to take Brown on in hand to hand, you still have to contend with the possibility of Johnson engaging. Also, you have the report that there was a struggle for the officer's gun, and that the first shot was fired inside the squad car. Now you have an individual who has attempted to take your gun away, and their is only one reason you can logically conclude that someone would do that. Now, even after Brown disengages, you have the 21 foot rule. The 21 foot rule is, at a distance of 21 feet, you have just enough time to react and draw your weapon and fire if someone charges you. So to paint the picture that the officer was seeing, a large man, who was considerable larger than himself, just attacked him in his squad car, went for his weapon to try and take it and kill him, is now less than 21 feet away, and even if he takes a step towards the officer, all of his training is saying to shoot and go home to your family.

Finally, a lot has been made about Johnson stating that the officer pulled Brown into his car, and that's why they were scuffling there. #$%$ No officer, for any reason, is ever going to pull someone into their car. There is no tactical advantage to doing it. No one is ever trained to do it, and when put into a stressful situation you revert to the way you've been trained.

Good post.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bea175
Blacks need to learn that Law enforcement officers are not taught to shoot to wound as wounded assailants can still kill you, but dead men can�t.

You're taught to shoot until the threat is no longer present. There simply is no goal of alive or dead. As soon as you perceive the threat is gone, you stop the engagement, remain prepared to re-engage, and secure the bad guy. That's it

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Either he was shot with his hands up running away, or with his arms down advancing.

... and he darn well wasn't French.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
way is theya no mawfokkuh amber lamps heppin him

laffin'

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
(VIDEO LINK IN THE ARTICLE)

Can some one post up link for that, I can't find it?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

This retired Missouri officers training matches the above well stated information. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH
(VIDEO LINK IN THE ARTICLE)

Can some one post up link for that, I can't find it?

In the article click on extremely graphic video

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

357 members (1Longbow, 160user, 1lesfox, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 2,754 guests, and 960 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,282
Posts18,467,767
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.