Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Anybody tried these do they work ?

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lots of folks swear by them. Lots swear at them lol. I just prefer to center the housing in my peep and hit where I'm "aiming"

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
All I know is that it's a dumb name. Lol

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
For target and 3D I suppose but in the mostly rushed world of real bowhunting situations I dont think it is practical.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My daughter has one on her Mathews, based on a recommendation from my brother, who shoots those sights on Mathews bows. My daughter and I are stick bow shooters and this was her first venture into compounds.

She used the IQ for a while and then had me disable the IQ feature by covering the display. Having come from stickbows, neither my daughter nor I see anything as being rushed when shooting game animals with a compound, as they are fairly stagnant, take your time pieces of equipment by nature of the design, in comparison to our longbows. But for shooting tight groups to hit small critters, like squirrel, the raised drop rest on my daughter's Mathews creates a bit of sensitivity to bow cant in relationship to the hand, when compared to my daughter shooting on top of her hand with her longbow. As a result, once at full draw, she now tends to take a quick glance at the sight level, which is at the bottom, to confirm her feel for the bow is correct and that it is plum, she then places her total focus on the sight pin, looking through a peep, while totally ignoring the IQ dot, which is at the top of the sight. She is very consistent with sighting a pin through a peep, and therefore saw little advantage at removing the peep and centering by aid of the IQ dot. I did, however, notice a slight advantage with using the IQ without peep during low light, in that the peep tends to reduce the available light reaching the eye. My daughter then tried the IQ when kept in combination with the peep, but this was just too much crap. So she had me plug the IQ feature so it could not be seen and she now uses just the fiber optic pins with a good peep.

Flip side, my brother is a fan of the IQ, but he uses a bare string without any peep.

Best smile

Last edited by GaryVA; 06/21/14.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone else care to comment.

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I used one a for a bit with a peep, it was OK but there are much better options IMO. My recommendation is a good sight with level (Excel)for 30-40 yds and a 'Square Up' rear sight if you want to extend to 60+yds. The Square Up insures that you will not torque the bow and you look through it all the time without thinking or changing focus from the animal/sight picture. I have no affiliation with the company - just love the product.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
If you are fine with a peep it makes no sense not to keep shooting with one. I never liked the small sight picture with a peep and now my old eyes could not deal with a it.

If you want to shoot peepless I am a huge fan of the Perry's No Peep for hunting. It is simple to set up, intuitive to use and built like a tank. I cannot recommend it enough plus the owner is a great guy to deal with.

I have not tried the IQ but have tried similar sights where you have to glance up to a sighting circle then back down at your pins. With the Perry's No Peep all you have to do is look at your pins and you instantly see if you are canting the bow or torquing your bow hand. I just don't see how there could be a better no peep sight.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I have a set of IQ 5 pin sights on My hunting bow and really like them a lot..If I was in the market for new bow sight these would be at the top of My list........Good luck.........Hb

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
643 members (257Bob, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 70 invisible), 2,868 guests, and 1,407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,656
Posts18,399,278
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.