Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
So the wife (X2B) is giving me a permanent hall pass (Big D). We separated a few weeks back. IT's pretty amicable overall. So I rented a U-Haul so she could get all her stuff moved to our er I mean her place in MS. She would drive it over and I would come over next day in her car to retrieve said U-Haul and my stuff from MS. She promised to have it loaded and ready when I got there. Guess what? So what little I had there isn't loaded and ready. The deer stand is still on the tree 1/4 behind the house. She says you'll have to go get it. All I planned to do Sun was drive so I'm wearing shorts and sandals. Go get it yeah, right. I told she should have told me ahead of time and I could have been prepared. Told her NOT politely that she could keep it. (Insert 4 letter words of your choice here). So I load my chit and head back to AR - 5 hrs.
Get home bout 8:30, go in the house and crap it's warm in here. You guessed it.... The AC crapped out, on a weekend, in AR, in Aug. (Insert more 4 letter words of your choice here).

Only upside to the day was on the way over I swung by MSU and took my daughter, her roommate and a friend out to lunch.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
BP-B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Did you really REALLY expect a different reception?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+1

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Sorry Mag,

We let them in, and hope for the best. Sometimes it dont work.

I hope it stays civil enough to come to a complete end.

Advice: any guns you have, have them go stay with a good friend until this is over, so if there is police involved for any reason in the process, you can say, nope,, no guns here,so they cant take them because shes on the payback tour..

Last edited by WillARights; 08/19/14.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by magshooter1
So the wife (X2B) is giving me a permanent hall pass (Big D). We separated a few weeks back. IT's pretty amicable overall. So I rented a U-Haul so she could get all her stuff moved to our er I mean her place in MS. She would drive it over and I would come over next day in her car to retrieve said U-Haul and my stuff from MS. She promised to have it loaded and ready when I got there. Guess what? So what little I had there isn't loaded and ready. The deer stand is still on the tree 1/4 behind the house. She says you'll have to go get it. All I planned to do Sun was drive so I'm wearing shorts and sandals. Go get it yeah, right. I told she should have told me ahead of time and I could have been prepared. Told her NOT politely that she could keep it. (Insert 4 letter words of your choice here). So I load my chit and head back to AR - 5 hrs.
Get home bout 8:30, go in the house and crap it's warm in here. You guessed it.... The AC crapped out, on a weekend, in AR, in Aug. (Insert more 4 letter words of your choice here).

Only upside to the day was on the way over I swung by MSU and took my daughter, her roommate and a friend out to lunch.

So, you lost a treestand and an A/C unit? Damn, that sucks. Yep, that's far worse that a friend who was killed on her way to work about 10 days before her wedding, and definitely worse than the weekend her fiance' and family had.

I do hope you survive the ordeal.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Sorry about your situation, but good luck in your new life and fresh start.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
We've already been thru the gun thing. She get's hers, her dad's and I get mine and my family's. Course there ain't squat in the kitchen to cook with anymore. Took the good stuff and left me the crap as I expected. I got a dining room table; my grandmother's but no chairs; she bought them. Heck I noticed this morning she even took the POS kitchen clock. Just kinda chuckled to myself and went to work. Kitchen is pretty empty, took baking center and both sets of shelves plus the cabinet over the baking center. She did do me a small favor though. When she got her stuff our of our bathroom she gave it a thorough cleaning.

Sure is quiet now with her and her cat gone and daughter gone to college. Just me and the daughter's invisible cat. Think I'm gonna be a hunting and kayaking SOB this fall. In some ways I'm kinda relieved. Guess I didn't realize how tuff things had gotten between us.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Congratulations.And I don't mean that facetiously.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'd have suspected most women couldn't handle a 4x4 deer blind in a tree in the back 40....

Best of luck, hope it all turns out ok.

The AC part sucks.

Its why we put a window unit in one bedroom window permanently.. runs off the wall receptacle OR the generator in the yard depending on the issue.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We've already been thru the gun thing. She get's hers, her dad's and I get mine and my family's. Course there ain't squat in the kitchen to cook with anymore. Took the good stuff and left me the crap as I expected. I got a dining room table; my grandmother's but no chairs; she bought them. Heck I noticed this morning she even took the POS kitchen clock. Just kinda chuckled to myself and went to work. Kitchen is pretty empty, took baking center and both sets of shelves plus the cabinet over the baking center. She did do me a small favor though. When she got her stuff our of our bathroom she gave it a thorough cleaning.

Sure is quiet now with her and her cat gone and daughter gone to college. Just me and the daughter's invisible cat. Think I'm gonna be a hunting and kayaking SOB this fall. In some ways I'm kinda relieved. Guess I didn't realize how tuff things had gotten between us.

I don't know either one of you but from my perspective you made out like a bandit. I know some of you have wives that you love dearly and I'm happy for all of you but I've never been in that position. I'd rather go through an IRS audit every day than live with another woman.

Last edited by MColeman; 08/19/14.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear this. 'Can't imagine too many of these splits go real smooth. As for re-equipping the kitchen hit a few garage sales, pick up some odds and ends, and then get the good stuff as time permits.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Her cousins (men) were supposed to come bring it in for her. Knowing her family I'm not surprised. With a couple of exceptions they are what typifies the northern perception of people from MS. And yeah, she was one of the exceptions. That bunch stays in a constant state of bliss (ignorance) and they personify fat, dumb and happy. I was shocked the first time I met the rest of her family. Thought maybe she was adopted or something. The men all marry CRAZY (crazier than normal) women and the women all marry LOSERS. As in they can get a good job they just won't keep a good job. Because it got in the way of something else they wanted to do. So the women end up supporting them. Not gonna miss that aspect of married life at all.

She got to keep the MS place free and clear. It was hers when we got married so I made no claim against it. I got to keep all my 401K. I will have to pay some 'spousal support' since she hadn't worked anything more than part time in over a year. That amount has yet to be determined. If all goes as we discussed it won't be too bad though.

Last edited by magshooter1; 08/19/14.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Best of luck going forward!

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
not to pry, but in a nutshell, what happened in your marriage?

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sounds to me like you hit the fuggin' lottery the same day your AC went out.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At least you know what a Hall Pass is , things will get better .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by rem141r

We had some financial issues (on my end) but I always fixed them. We also had some communication issues (mostly on her end) that I couldn't fix. Apparently I was supposed to think like she did. Well we all know that no straight man is ever gonna be able to think like a woman. The old "if I ask you if something is wrong and you say nothing expect me to act like nothing is wrong". Basically we still love (just not "in love" anymore) each other we just couldn't live together anymore. All in all I can't complain. She was a good wife for most of the almost 13 years we had. In fact she was a better mother to my daughter than her own mother ever was. She is making my daughter her heir if that tells you anything.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r

We had some financial issues (on my end) but I always fixed them. We also had some communication issues (mostly on her end) that I couldn't fix. Apparently I was supposed to think like she did. Well we all know that no straight man is ever gonna be able to think like a woman. The old "if I ask you if something is wrong and you say nothing expect me to act like nothing is wrong". Basically we still love (just not "in love" anymore) each other we just couldn't live together anymore. All in all I can't complain. She was a good wife for most of the almost 13 years we had. In fact she was a better mother to my daughter than her own mother ever was. She is making my daughter her heir if that tells you anything.

Then, really, wtf are you b!tching about?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think he is venting, have some compassion for God's sake?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i hear ya. thanks for sharing. pretty common theme in a lot of marriages. sounds like you two can be happily divorced. sometimes the 2nd time around is a charm. best of luck to you.

My diploma is a DD214
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
107 members (160user, 35, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 308ld, 338reddog, 15 invisible), 1,723 guests, and 767 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.