24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use any type of fast-burning shotgun powder. 15 grains forms the case well in a .308 sized case.

Here is the method. I used Polenta. Wheat is bad for you smile

I just used large rifle primers because that's what I have...

Prime and throw powder then fill with COW or Polenta...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Cook the rest for breakfast...

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's always funnier than hell,the lengths and antics people will go through,to keep from actually shooting.

Hilarious!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just curious here...how many boxes of cereal do you boys shoot up in a good day?

Laughing!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey BS!

It really helps save some barrel life with chamberings like the above; 7mm RUM. I'm not into shooting a couple hundred rounds down the bore with so so accuracy just to fire-form and lose about 20% of the barrel life.

It also really helps when you are forming a new batch of cases for a competition rifle. I usually do 500 new cases.

If you do load development in NEW cases that are not formed to your chamber, all bets are off.

Have a nice day boxer!

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey neato...really "great" idea.

Pass the bullets,hold the fluff and all the "reasons" not to shoot.

Laughing!...............

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tee hee hee!

What's up with your sig' line?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do tell about a "Competition" Rifle that needs 500 pcs of brass.

Couldn't you pick a better chambering,with better Virgins and a reamer slated to same...rather than Handloading Cocoa Puffs,while wearing your helmet,drool bib an a seat belt?

Laughing!...............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most of the big Precision Matches have a round count around 200.

You really should get out and shoot more.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Just curious here...how many boxes of cereal do you boys shoot up in a good day?

Laughing!.....................

That was funny.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Most of the big Precision Matches have a round count around 200.

You really should get out and shoot more.

You're on FIRE!

"Big" Precision Matches. Do tell,how there's correlation to case capacity and the leader board and I reckon...they must sweeten the pot with a free case of Cocoa-Puffs for the Winner?

Laughing!................

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What a coincidence! I'm laughing too!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not too much funnier than Fire-Forming Cocoa-Puffs,while swilling Soy Milk and frosting it with your Avatar.

Laughing!..............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ha! That was awesome!

Are you working a club in Vegas?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oblivious Stupidity,is THE "gift" that keeps on giving.

Congratulations?....................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll check on that. I've always been taught that it is much more rewarding to give than to receive.

Mr. Oblivious Stupidity, whoever that is, must be one heck of a thoughtful person.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You give laughs...even if on "accident".

Thanks!..............

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I shoot competition rifle and need a bunch of cases, too. I have NO problem using COW and 12-18gr of pistol/shotgun powder. I usually use Red Dot, but almost any of the fast powders work fine.
With my .257 Bob-Imp I usually load .257 loads and shoot, but I am using IMR 4895. With my .270 WinImp and 6.5/06 Imp I usually fireform with COW.
I don't usually go to the matches where they supplement the prizes with Cocoa Puffs, whether or not I like cold cereal, but COW is better hot...if I have any left after fireforming, lol.
Have fun,
Gene

Last edited by Mavrick; 08/18/14.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Pass me the lead over the cereal any day. I don't hate practicing

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
718 members (16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 64 invisible), 3,133 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,745
Posts18,401,279
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.