Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Published August 20, 2014 | O'Reilly Factor | By Bill O'Reilly
I came back from vacation because I am furious. Furious about how the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown is being reported and how various people are reacting to it.
So let's run it down. Mr. Brown is a victim, shot six times by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson who up until August 9th had a very good record.

Now, some suspect Wilson of murder and a grand jury is hearing the case.
Also, Attorney General Eric Holder went to Ferguson Missouri today to meet with FBI agents and state authorities who are conducting separate investigations. Good. The feds should look into this case. And their investigation should be transparent. That is Americans should get hard information as it comes out.
[�]
Then there is the looting, disgraceful. And one guy even has a gun, all right, shoots the lock off the door while his cohorts break in and steal the merchandise. It doesn't get any lower than this.
The people rioting and looting in Ferguson are dishonoring the memory of Michael Brown and his grieving family. They are insulting them. Again, flat out disgraceful.

THE FACTOR has been investigating those arrested. On Monday night, 78 people were taken into custody and we believe about 30 of them have criminal records. Only four, four out of the 78 are from Ferguson -- many of the others are trouble makers who just streamed into town.

But the liberal media will never report that. Nor will they report the true picture of criminal justice in the U.S.A.

Instead, NBC News pays Al Sharpton to deliver garbage like this.
[�] �SHARPTON video clip:A young man 18 years old shot down in the streets unarmed and rather than you address it, you tried to smear the young man, rather than uphold the principles of justice and dignity. I want you to know these parents are not going to cry alone. They're not going to stand alone. They're not going to fight alone. We have had enough.

O'REILLY:�Enough of what, Al? Enough of what? Police efficiency?
In 2012, the last stats available from the FBI there were about 12 million arrests in the U.S.A.
That averages out to 34,000 arrests per day. In 99.9 percent of those cases, the perpetrator was not killed by police.
In fact, just over 400 fatal police shootings a year are recorded in this country, according to the FBI.

So let me restate -- 12 million arrests a year, 400 fatal shootings, many of them justified.
And Al Sharpton has the nerve to insult the American police community, men and women risking their lives to protect us.

This charlatan has the gall to do that and NBC News is paying him.
My god -- why is that acceptable?
[...]
But to the race hustlers, Officer Wilson is already guilty. They have convicted him. Their slogan is "no justice, no peace".
I guess that's lynch mob justice because those people will never accept anything other than a conviction of murder in this case.
They don't really care what happened. They want Officer Wilson punished.

And he should be punished if he murdered Michael Brown.
If a jury finds Wilson guilty he should be put in prison for the rest of his life.

But Officer Wilson is entitled to the presumption of innocence that we all have under our constitution -- something Al Sharpton will never give him because Sharpton only cares about his own self-aggrandizement.
And if he has to stoke racial hatred to get that, that's what Sharpton will do.

I know this man. His record defines him. Yet he has succeeded in bringing his brand of racial grievance to the White House. When President Obama announced his Brother's Keeper initiative, I was there, Sharpton was there...

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 08/21/14.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I really don't think the great bloviator knows 'the truth' about anything. He only spouts popular talking points, and has zero philosophic integrity.

Sam......

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I seen that last night. It was well done.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He starts out with "Mr. Brown is a victim". Was he? O'Reilly is accepting as truth exactly what Al Sharpton is saying. He has, by his own admission, no knowledge of whether Brown is the victim or the assailant but he starts right out by putting the blame on the cop.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
He starts out with "Mr. Brown is a victim". Was he? O'Reilly is accepting as truth exactly what Al Sharpton is saying. He has, by his own admission, no knowledge of whether Brown is the victim or the assailant but he starts right out by putting the blame on the cop.

Anyone who has been shot is a victim of being shot.

O'Reilly is totally disagreeing with what Sharpton is saying about blaming the cops.
�But Officer Wilson is entitled to the presumption of innocence that we all have under our constitution -- something Al Sharpton will never give him because Sharpton only cares about his own self-aggrandizement.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The way I read it , he's talking about how the MEDIA is presenting it, not that he thinks that way

Furious about how the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown is being reported and how various people are reacting to it.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
However little credibility o'Reilly has, he is at least an intelligent and honest man. Sharpton has zero credibility. In fact, less than zero.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The thing is we don't even have 10% of the story at this point.

Carpe' Scrotum
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Did you watch it? I'm gonna have to assume you didn't, because O'Reilly had more to say than what's in the text. He was spot on & he did a superb job at conveying his thoughts on the subject rather articulately & with a believable amount of conviction...
In no way did he portray "Mr. Brown" as a victim...if anything he got the point across that Brown was nothing more than the thug he was, without coming across as racist. His commentary on Sharpton & Jackson was also excellent.

I'm generally not a big fan of him, but last night he did a very good job.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Steve
The thing is we don't even have 10% of the story at this point.

Very true...that was also brought up in his commentary. Like I said, it was spot on. Probably the best commentary on the subject that has been done so far.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O'Reilly's middle name is "Stanley" because he is a TOOL!

When you are a thug and a punk, and a robber and thief, and a foul mouthed would-be rap artist whose lyrics denigrate women and you are an illegal drug user who's judgment was clouded when you attack a police officer and get your butt capped . . . you are not a "victim," you are not a "Mr." and it is impossible to "dishonour" your memory.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Anyone who has been shot is a victim of being shot.

O'Reilly is totally disagreeing with what Sharpton is saying about blaming the cops.
�But Officer Wilson is entitled to the presumption of innocence that we all have under our constitution -- something Al Sharpton will never give him because Sharpton only cares about his own self-aggrandizement.�

then the Rev. Al and O'Reilly share that trait. They are both only into this for the self aggrandizement.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Did you watch it? I'm gonna have to assume you didn't, because O'Reilly had more to say than what's in the text. He was spot on & he did a superb job at conveying his thoughts on the subject rather articulately & with a believable amount of conviction...
In no way did he portray "Mr. Brown" as a victim...if anything he got the point across that Brown was nothing more than the thug he was, without coming across as racist. His commentary on Sharpton & Jackson was also excellent.

I'm generally not a big fan of him, but last night he did a very good job.
No, I didn't watch it but for a good reason. I have a hearing problem and usually can't understand the words on tv or videos unless they're captioned. I wear hearing aids but they don't help with videos.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This!!

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why is it that when an investigation begins folks are not allowed to report that facts as they're uncovered?

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bill O'Reilly on the Ferguson Mess.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
facts? When did a racial incident investigation ever deal with facts?

Sam......

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Oreilly talking about sharpton pimping race stuff --what a joke -Oreilly has had sharpton on his show a few times and all but kisses his azzz.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
However little credibility o'Reilly has, he is at least an intelligent and honest man. Sharpton has zero credibility. In fact, less than zero.

Steve.

In addition to the fact that he's a window-licker who couldn't pass the GED exam.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

158 members (6mmbrfan, 257 mag, 280ACKIMP, 44mc, 35, 338rcm, 19 invisible), 1,315 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,223
Posts18,447,517
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.