Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Although not a collectable in the truest sense of the word, what is a 100% condition New Haven 7mm WSM going for these days?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Some guys have walked away with some of these at very reasonable prices. My question is what kind of "7mm wsm featherweight" is it????? Wood stock? Synthetic stock? Stainless? Classic CRF??? 7+ digit serial #??? Year of manufacture??

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
I should have been more specific. I should know not to check the 'Fire before going to work. Classic CRF with wood stock. Seven digit G-prefix serial number. The current owner says he bought it new around 2004.

I accumulate Winchesters. I don't collect them. This one is simply asking to come home with me.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a new M70 in 7mm WSM because I just had to try that new cartridge.

Mine had an out of round chamber! It seems that Winchester over tightened the barrels on some of them and the chamber moved into an extractor slot!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MichiganScott
I should have been more specific. I should know not to check the 'Fire before going to work. Classic CRF with wood stock. Seven digit G-prefix serial number. The current owner says he bought it new around 2004.

I accumulate Winchesters. I don't collect them. This one is simply asking to come home with me.

Thanks Scott. That helps. Now I know exactly what it is. Don't cringe, but I know some guys have paid as little as $450.00 for these. However, the going rate on the internet auction sites is closer to $600.00-$650.00. Hope that helps..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Thanks bsa. The seller wants $700. It's positively as new with the wood a notch above the usual, so I'll have to think about it. I'd have thrown my back out reaching for my wallet if he only wanted $450.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That price seems a bit high in terms of fair market value. Some guys shy away from the WSM era New Havens because of QC problems in the last few years of production. I'd definitely check the rifle over very well and if you can, shoot it to verify that it feeds and functions flawlessly. Good luck with it Scott..

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Thanks. You guys just saved me some money. I've got four late New Havens with no QC issues, but forgot about the oval chambers. This one will not take my handloads, and WW factory ammo will only chamber by pounding the bolt down. I'll pass.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Good move buddy!!!

BSA MAGA
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I shot a Coyote, blue lamiante stock,med heavy barrel that was a shooter, sat on shelf 5 years. it was a SHOOTER. very best WinPoor

IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A lot folks claim winchester got it right with the 7wsm all of them are shooters from what I read. Here is a group I shot with mine yesterday. I recently sold a stainless featherweight in a 270 wsm I was lucky to get $650 and it was on the classified for 2-3 weeks. The market has tanked on these I think. Also check the feeding on these as well some feed great and others not so much so far I have been lucky.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The ones to watch out for are the 05 productions one i have one and the barrel was absolute garbage... I had it rebored and its still a copper collector.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The ones to watch out for are the 05 productions one i have one and the barrel was absolute garbage... I had it rebored and its still a copper collector.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I was hoping you would chime in. I knew you had at least 1 of these...

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 8 invisible), 1,558 guests, and 709 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,544
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.