Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Few things as soothing as "likelihood".

Give or take..................(hint)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
BP-B6

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lots of mils from 200-300 when lobbing - as my 357 Marlin or 30/30 Handgun showed. Most any will kill further than we can always drill....vitals

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You don't wanna catch a 40gr 22LR launched solid at 600yds,with your belly button.................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by coleridge
I wouldn't be afraid to shoot any deer on the planet with a 70gr Nosler tight behind the shoulder. The sierra 75gr HP works really well also on deer at just under the 3K velocity as well (and is a little "tougher"). These finding were with a 6x45 but the 6ppc should be VERY similar.

Display "your" Planet's BEST harvested Buck and perhaps muse the "particulars" of it's demise....................

Not sure if you understood my post or not� I surely was not saying I have ever killed any of (as you stated) "planets best" deer with the nosler or any other for that matter... Nor was I saying that a 6ppc with a 70gr nosler would be my rifle pick of the litter knowing the next world record was on the other side of that bush� What I was saying, if he was standing there broadside and that�s what I had in my hands, I wouldn�t hesitate, nor would I feel under gunned. Instead of thinking "wonder if this bullet is enought", I would be thinking "damn, I just killed the biggest deer ever".

That explained� my primary deer rifle is not a 6mm caliber, so those few �big� deer that I have found while fumbling around in the woods (again still not the "planests best"), haven�t been killed with the 70gr Nosler, so no pictures of them here wink.

However, here in NC we have a liberal deer season/limit. Pretty much �unlimited� doe tags are pretty nice around or after our 2-4 buck limit (depending on Zone). Since I like to shoot, I take advantage of that fact & our target rich environment. I kill a good many deer every year with several different rifles/combinations/distances. The 70gr Nosler out of 6x45,6br,& 243 is one of the favorites.

As far as details� Most deer I have shot with the bullet have been lung shots. They typically spin off & are found 20-40 yards away (of course a few are shorter & further, but talking about inside the bell curve). You can use your imagination for results on head & neck shots. Even on shoulder (most quartering toward), still no problem getting enough penetration to turn innards to soup. The few center shoulder shots have resulted same as head/neck production.

I started shooting this bullet because of a friend. He has used it nearly exclusive for years & killed a large number (more than many guys will kill in a lifetime)of deer with it out of a 6BR shooting them anywhere from the tail to nose with very good results.

While definitely not the biggest on the planet, but I have killed a few with the 70gr that were worth taking a picture of while out with some of my �play� rifles� Just remember, for every deer worth taking a picture of; there a many others that were killed were be it does, dinks, or stuff some might even be embarrassed to be seen with. To sum it up� I have an amble sample of victims to be very confident in the bullets ability. It just works.

The few "70'd" deer worth pictures. Hope they make you happy smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just one question?

Are you bitching,or bragging?

Thanks!...............

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Neither- only answering your question/wish

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In fairness,the NBT's get better and better...the slower they go and they do get "great",only when setting on the shelf.................

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
In fairness,the NBT's get better and better...the slower they go and they do get "great",only when setting on the shelf.................

I totally agree. The vmax is were its at (hint) whistle

Have a good day. I'll stop ruining the OP thread

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've some familiarity with a V-Max or two..."surprisingly" enough.

Add all the humor you dare,as you aren't ruining anything...................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't be afraid to shoot any deer on the planet with a 70gr Nosler tight behind the shoulder. The sierra 75gr HP works really well also on deer at just under the 3K velocity as well (and is a little "tougher"). These finding were with a 6x45 but the 6ppc should be VERY similar.

Display "your" Planet's BEST harvested Buck and perhaps muse the "particulars" of it's demise....................

Not sure if you understood my post or not� I surely was not saying I have ever killed any of (as you stated) "planets best" deer with the nosler or any other for that matter... Nor was I saying that a 6ppc with a 70gr nosler would be my rifle pick of the litter knowing the next world record was on the other side of that bush� What I was saying, if he was standing there broadside and that�s what I had in my hands, I wouldn�t hesitate, nor would I feel under gunned. Instead of thinking "wonder if this bullet is enought", I would be thinking "damn, I just killed the biggest deer ever".

That explained� my primary deer rifle is not a 6mm caliber, so those few �big� deer that I have found while fumbling around in the woods (again still not the "planests best"), haven�t been killed with the 70gr Nosler, so no pictures of them here wink.

However, here in NC we have a liberal deer season/limit. Pretty much �unlimited� doe tags are pretty nice around or after our 2-4 buck limit (depending on Zone). Since I like to shoot, I take advantage of that fact & our target rich environment. I kill a good many deer every year with several different rifles/combinations/distances. The 70gr Nosler out of 6x45,6br,& 243 is one of the favorites.

As far as details� Most deer I have shot with the bullet have been lung shots. They typically spin off & are found 20-40 yards away (of course a few are shorter & further, but talking about inside the bell curve). You can use your imagination for results on head & neck shots. Even on shoulder (most quartering toward), still no problem getting enough penetration to turn innards to soup. The few center shoulder shots have resulted same as head/neck production.

I started shooting this bullet because of a friend. He has used it nearly exclusive for years & killed a large number (more than many guys will kill in a lifetime)of deer with it out of a 6BR shooting them anywhere from the tail to nose with very good results.

While definitely not the biggest on the planet, but I have killed a few with the 70gr that were worth taking a picture of while out with some of my �play� rifles� Just remember, for every deer worth taking a picture of; there a many others that were killed were be it does, dinks, or stuff some might even be embarrassed to be seen with. To sum it up� I have an amble sample of victims to be very confident in the bullets ability. It just works.

The few "70'd" deer worth pictures. Hope they make you happy smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice looking bucks. What part of the state do you all hunt?

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The gutter,behind Dink Creek.................

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

Nice looking bucks. What part of the state do you all hunt?

I hunt/hunted pretty much all over from the peidmont to the coast. But mostly in the dead center of the state. A reasonable drive from home, Im in the woods 98% of the days during mzldr&gun season (late Oct-Jan1).

BS was REAL close.

The gutter,behind Dink Creek.................

I did get a chuckle from that grin Only one of those deer would have ever made much & he showed up on a day I was looking to shoot; a year or two early.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know,I know...they all made Georgie's Maine Minimum.....................(grin)

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
721 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 78 invisible), 2,698 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,686
Posts18,399,755
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.