Print Thread
Hop To
H
Hogeye Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Is there such a thing as a Combat Masterpiece with a 2" barrel? I thought CMs were all 4" but a 2"-er is for sale on the classifieds.

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Probably, but the S&W forum would be the place to ask if no one here knows.

Last edited by Take_a_knee; 08/20/14.
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Hogeye
Is there such a thing as a Combat Masterpiece with a 2" barrel? I thought CMs were all 4" but a 2"-er is for sale on the classifieds.

The M15 Combat Masterpiece was produced with both 4" and 2" barrels in .38 Special. The 2" is very popular with S&W collectors and commands a premium over the 4" barreled version.
Bob

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
In 4" the Combat Masterpiece was also produced in .32 Long, and .22lr.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The gun is mine, and its original box states Combat MAsterpiece right on it. This is in wonderful condition and has ALL of the papers that came with it down to the brown wax paper wrapping. All in wonderful condition.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Yes, the Model 15 Combat Masterpiece was made in 2" barrel length. The 2-inch ones I have seen had the heavy barrel profile similar to the K-38, instead of the typical Model 15 light barrel profile as seen on the 4-inch revolvers. Also, they all had square butts.

If I had been running S&W (ha ha), I would have made them in round butt with the lighter barrel profile.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Many years ago I had 2" Combat Masterpiece. Excellent handgun.
At the time I just had to have a 4" M29 so I sold the CM,
to help pay for the 44MAG.

BTW -- Mark, how are you doing ?

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
H
Hogeye Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Thanks, guys.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Basically the same gun, but I love my model 66 snubby... with round butt. ;-)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotload

Thanks for asking! Not doing too well, of late. My kidney function is down to 22% and lots of problems with that like fainting, hard to control BP, messed up skin, lots of exhaustion and need for mucho sleep, some memory and cognition issues at times.

The good news is that I go to the U of W / Virginia Mason Kidney transplant center on October 2nd, and this day of testing and interviews will be the last steps or hoops to jump through to officially become a Kidney Transplant patient.

Watch these pages and forums for offers of various nice guns offered in trade for one good kidney! Ya'll have two, ya know... smile

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by safariman

Thanks for asking! Not doing too well, of late. My kidney function is down to 22% and lots of problems with that like fainting, hard to control BP, messed up skin, lots of exhaustion and need for mucho sleep, some memory and cognition issues at times.

The good news is that I go to the U of W / Virginia Mason Kidney transplant center on October 2nd, and this day of testing and interviews will be the last steps or hoops to jump through to officially become a Kidney Transplant patient.

Watch these pages and forums for offers of various nice guns offered in trade for one good kidney! Ya'll have two, ya know... smile

Mark, keep us up to date on your transplant please.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hogeye
I see them once in a while. Cool looking, but I'd rather have one with a longer barrel than that, personally.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave93
Originally Posted by safariman

Mark, keep us up to date on your transplant please.

Will do, sir. Thanks for caring and asking.

RJM from here (home in New Hampshire) has been here the past few days and has been an immense help and blessing to me. I had a couple of DR appointments that he drove which I was not safe to drive to, he assisted me in getting some rifles to finally shoot well - including driving to the range and back two days in a row- then today drove the both of us over 120 miles each way to attend and sell some guns at a gun show that I would have not been able to even get close to without him driving and helping.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good thing you did'nt have to ride your bike to jury duty.

So who paid for gas? All sales final?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,822
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.