Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
You are a lucky man ingwe!!! Do you play the state lottery's?? If not you should .. Have fun!!

Nope! don't play the lottery�just the stock market grin And through no fault of my own, its been on a tear�.so Ive lined a couple hunting trips up, plus another to Florida and a fishing trip to Alberta.

That should put me back in the poor house! laugh

Last edited by ingwe; 07/07/14.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

A
a12 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by WFR
a12, what kind of setup are you using there?
Originally Posted by a12
Fun, ain't it?
[Linked Image]
Thats the kid and I think that is his 5wt St Croix. He mostly uses a 3wt Cabelas fiberglass for bream these days.

WFR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
a12, I looked at the Reddington Buttersticks the other day and that could be a lot of fun on bluegills.
Went to Cabelas last night and purchased a RL Winston Passport 9' 5wt for a ridiculous price. After the sale price, coupon and a store credit being used I have about $100 in it with a lifetime warranty.
Now to see what St. Croix can do about fixing my broken 8' 4wt Avid.
Through buying rods for a while. Time to get another reel or two and get some lines and accessories.
This is a costly addiction on the front end! smile

A
a12 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
This is the glass 3wt that the kid loves.
[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
ingwe, awesome.. retirement is wonderful.. I haven't done a lot of hunts with guides since my retirement in 99, but have been able to make many DIY hunts.. If all goes well this spring I would like to hit Tx. for some exotic stuff.. when for pigs last spring.. a lot of fun, when it is cold up here..

Molon Labe
IC B2

WFR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by a12
[Linked Image]

WOW!
Just Wow!
How did he land that beast with that little 3-weight?
That had to be an epic fight!
Cool picture.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by WFR
Originally Posted by a12
[Linked Image]

WOW!
Just Wow!
How did he land that beast with that little 3-weight?
That had to be an epic fight!
Cool picture.

+1! That picture is a wall-hanger, for sure!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The main reason I never got interested in fly fishing for trout. Bass and bluegill are to readily available where I live.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
For me bass and bluegill are ten times more fun than trout.. Plus I believe the fish are a bit more durable, and if you release them, they will most likely survive.. That aside, I would still sooner fish a good bluegill lake for a day than trout for a week.

Molon Labe
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by a12
Fun, ain't it?
[Linked Image]

The fish in this pic is a hybrid. Look at the ends on the fins, see the orange? It is a cross between a green sunfish and a blue gill. The mouth is a little bigger also. Nice fish indeed and you don't catch hybrids in the wild very often. Mostly in stocked ponds. I just noticed it and thought I might comment. I fish for sunfish more than anything else and can identify just about all the sunfish an the crosses. Love me some sunnies!

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B3

A
a12 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
seal, this property was farmland that we put back into trees. The pond was silted in and the fish couldn't spawn, so there were few sport fish in it. We drained it, cleaned up the bottom a bit, put in a water control structure at the end of the slough, and restocked it. Those F1 bass are a blast, also.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Beautiful place you got there! I have a small pond on the family farm that is over populated with crappie. It was where I caught my first fish and its where I took my first son to catch his first fish and then my younger son to catch his first fish. Lots of memories at that ol place. I rode a motorcycle there for the first time. 1st camping trip first animal killed with a bow first frog with a bow my life would probably be way different if it weren't for that place. I don't know how much longer it will be in our family as a few have died off and my dad and uncle are old and not in the best of health. It will be hard to settle I'm sure. Take care of it and try your best to keep it in the family.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
WFR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Finally got a few bluegills on the 8'6" 2-weight Sage RPL last week.
Was using a Rio Gold 3-weight line and it cast well. I think I like my 4-weight better though.

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
nice fish...

Molon Labe
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (7mm_Loco, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 35, Akhutr, 7x57Hunter, 8 invisible), 1,533 guests, and 750 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,564
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.