Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
mart Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Just picked up a Remington Model Seven in 223. The price was very right. The only other short barreled varmint chambering I ever played with was a Remington 600 in 222 and the loading notes for it were lost in a flood many years ago.

I bought this rifle as a calling gun for my wife. We'll most likely be using the Sierra 55 grain Gameking as I've had good luck with that bullet on fur. It's seems to be tough enough to stay together but not explosive enough to turn them inside out. Usually a one inch exit wound, which I can live with.

I digress though. My question is what powders have you found to be most effective in a short barreled 223 with 50-55 grain bullets? Thanks in advance.

Mart

Here's a pic of the new rifle.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by mart; 08/21/14. Reason: to add picture

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
26.0grs of H4895. Make sure to check seating depth with that bullet as it easily reaches the lands in most rifles.

"Give a lazy man the toughest job, and he will find the easiest way to do it"
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Nice Rifle!

I have had good luck with TAC in my 223s, from 22 to 16 inches in barrel length. Low extreme spreads and great accuracy are the norm. I shoot either the 55 sierra GK softpoint or the 55 NBT over 26.0 grains of TAC and the accuracy is wonderful in several rifles. This load is a few tenths over max but velocity is in line and no pressure signs in my rifles but work up accordingly.

All of that being said, in the last few weeks I have been playing with Benchmark and for 55 grainers and under this may be the powder for me, Its worth a look. I am getting good velocity and unreal accuracy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd trip the rifle,mounts,rings,glass and bullets...if only to live a little.

Go Montucky and you'll NEVER look back.................(hint)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
mart Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Big Stick

?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mart
?

Prolly not cool enough for shortlings ........ (hint)

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
N133 works quite well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

?

Typical Little Twig B.S.......Not a hint either, just fact.

Benchmark is your huckleberry

Last edited by Swifty52; 08/22/14.

Swifty
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I will echo the Benchmark recommendation.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I use H335. I've been told it's dirty and temp sensitive, but it's the most accurate powder in my carbine length AR's.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

M
mart Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
I've got Benchmark, TAC, AA 2495 and H4895 in good amounts. Haven't seen any H335 in a very long time. I see plenty of H322 available and have some of that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Blued/Walnut,windage adjustable junk and schit glass...are easy to pass on in a single serving,yet "assembled" in unison.

I reckon for folks who "do" and "shoot" as "much" as you,not much matters.

Hint.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
keith,

You as always,are at the mercy of that which you "think" you "know" and "think' that you "do".

Someone with that much "experience",will always be better served in asking questions,rather than giving "answers".

Hint..............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
mart,

There is NO "advantage" of a Blued/Walnut Seven,over a Montana. That in balance/handling,weight,twist rate,ergo's,throating,scope mounting or durability. Read that again.

Now to cripple those inherent heavy concessions even further,you've added schit mounts and schit glass...which is THE Dirtiest Of Tricks. Only move left in order to connect all of the Hilarity Dots,is to feed it some schit brass,schit powder and schit bullets,which also seem to be of keen interest to you.

Punt while you can and thank me later.

Hint...............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've heard of that powder..............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The silence id DEAFENING,as the unconnected dots slooooowwwllllyyyyyyyyyyy sink in!.....................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Poor, poor little twig nobody to talk at except his own self. You are still the best thread killer around. Again not a hint, just fact.

Swifty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not much you can do after the arrival of facts,except Whine...which you are rather good at. Congratulations?!?

You ALMOST said something about The Rifle. Almost.

Laughing...................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Holy Fuc!ing Sheep Chit. Not only does Little Twig post to himself, he now posts to someone who has his dumb ass on ignore.
Twig you really need some psychological help.

Swifty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pretend ain't real and facts is rather unsettling,for them who reside in La-La Land. Hint.

Best of luck,on your Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Laughing................

M
mart Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
mart,

There is NO "advantage" of a Blued/Walnut Seven,over a Montana. That in balance/handling,weight,twist rate,ergo's,throating,scope mounting or durability. Read that again.

Now to cripple those inherent heavy concessions even further,you've added schit mounts and schit glass...which is THE Dirtiest Of Tricks. Only move left in order to connect all of the Hilarity Dots,is to feed it some schit brass,schit powder and schit bullets,which also seem to be of keen interest to you.

Punt while you can and thank me later.

Hint...............

I guess I'm behind the power curve here. I didn't remember asking how blued, walnut Seven compared to anything else. I bought the rifle because it was a good deal and it will serve my wife well for fur hunting. As for the scope and mounts, the rifle is just as I bought it. I didn't buy it for the glass or mounts, and in fact I'll probably change them out. And your brass and bullets comment has me scratching my head.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Mart,

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Its harder to find a powder that won't work in a 223, then it is to find one that is better than all the rest....they are all pretty accurate in the 223...even really slow burning powders...

We all have favorites...lately for velocity and accuracy, my choice has been H 322... one of our Eagle Scouts got one for Graduation present, and has been over here learning to reload...

based on J Barsness recommendation on line here and availability at a local gun shop, we have been loading 53 grain V Maxes behind a charge of 25 grains of TAC...he's been assassinating gophers on his family's farm out to 300 plus yards with a lot of precision...

he's also had to put down a couple of mom's goats, that are just sick due to old age... he's been eyeing out his second story bedroom window waiting for a coyote or two to show their faces now...

All the powders you mentioned ( before the campfire's comic relief/village idiot invaded your thread) will work just fine in your Model 7....

I have about 9 223s but my favorite for walking is my Model 70 Featherweight..., when I rebarrel it, it will have a one in 7 twist put on it...but now with 63 Sierra SMP and 70 grain Speer SMPs, it will knock the crap out of any blacktail ever to walk the forests and hills of Oregon...and with 40 grain V Maxes, and 40 grain Varmaggeddon tipped bullets, it wasted a 1000 or so of Klamath County Sage Rats this summer.....

M
mart Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
I had a brief encounter with the 223 in a Ruger Mini 14 many years ago but never loaded for it. I've owned and loaded for most all the 22 centerfires other than the 223.

I'm not at all concerned with getting top velocities, and don't expect them from this short barrel. The rifle will be for fur hunting, lynx and fox primarily, and be for my wife when she accompanies me, or one of my friends who doesn't own a varmint gun but would like to try calling this year.

It would be great if the AA 2495 turned out to be a really accurate choice. I bought a bunch of it when I couldn't find any H4895 last year. I've since found plenty of H4895 but would like to keep it for my Whelens. As for bullets I have a lot of the Sierra 55 grain Gamekings, a bullet I like for fur, but may try some of my home made 52 grain HP from 22 LR cases. I have a ton of them but they need to stay around 3000 fps or less or they want to come apart prior to impact. They may be a bit too explosive for fox.

Used to make the annual pilgrimage to Klamath County for our yearly matter splatter. I lived in Eastern Washington at the time and one of our good friends lives in that area. We got together every year to shoot ground squirrels. My wife shot a very heavy old push feed model 70 in 222 that was a one hole gun. She about wore that gun out shooting squeaks. The last couple of years we did that the Nosler 40 Btip had just come out. Turned that 222 into a squirrel exploding machine. She loved it when they got some hang time. If they just fell over she was a little disappointed.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Seafire

I have about 9 223s but my favorite for walking is my Model 70 Featherweight..., when I rebarrel it, it will have a one in 7 twist put on it...but now with 63 Sierra SMP and 70 grain Speer SMPs, it will knock the crap out of any blacktail ever to walk the forests and hills of Oregon...and with 40 grain V Maxes, and 40 grain Varmaggeddon tipped bullets, it wasted a 1000 or so of Klamath County Sage Rats this summer.....

I have to agree. The SMP is a hell of a bullet.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
mart,

Slow down,shut up,copy/paste/print and apply. Hint. The sooner,the better. Re-hint.

You are soooooo farrrrrrrrrrrr behind the curve,it's amazing.

Cracks me up,how the densest of Dummies ask STUPID questions,get facts handed to 'em on a silver platter and take offense. Read that again. Now one more time.

Now if you are in a Turd Polishing Tournament for giggles,I'd say you are gonna take the Gold.

Congratulations?!?.....................

M
mart Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Stick,

You have an interesting take on things. I knew I wasn't an expert in this matter. I didn't realize I was so ignorant. Thank for bringing me up to speed.

My apologies if I conveyed any sense of offense at your so well delivered advise. I'll strive to demonstrate greater appreciation for your obviously expert opinion.

I can only hope to stand in the shadow of man such a yourself.

My humblest regards.

Mart

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I should charge you for the accelerated Learning Curve...but my gracious nature is boundless.

Can only lead you to water,but rest assured I'm laughing my ass off,that you are farrrrrrrr too STUPID to drink.

You are doing great and I can't wait for the next installment of "How To [bleep] Up a 223"!.....................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can only hope to stand in the shadow of man such a yourself.

Even late in the day, a common garden gnome doesn't cast much of a shadow.

laffin'

M
mart Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Stick,

I can appreciate a lot of the humor or what passes for humor on this site but I have never attacked anyone on this site or any other for that matter.

As far as I know we don't know each other and really don't get where these personal attacks are coming from.

Are you one of my former clients? That's the last time someone hurled insults at me like this. But they were behind a cell door and we referred to them as cell warriors. They were surprisingly polite when the cell door opened.

Mart

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Just ignore him...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Just ignore him...

.... but he's fun to play with! grin

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Nahh...picking on the touched never was much fun for me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Love the avatar and I'm really "surprised",you skirt ALL things The Rifle.............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
mart,

Noone can make you look like a dumber [bleep] than you,so I reckon you've them sweet "satisfactions" to bask upon? Congratulations?!?

Schit rifles,bullets,glass,mounts,stocks,twist rates,etc...ain't subjective. You have simply assaulted yourself,with your own amazing Stupidity,by unleashing your "best". Not a very pretty picture,is it? Hint.

"Personal"? Hardly. Dumb [bleep] simply dumb schit,as you oh sooooooooo eagerly communicate obliviously.

Take notes,apply same. Hint.

Or find me "mistaken" and I'll happily rub your nose even further in your amazing stupidity......................(wow)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll feign my "surprise",that yet another Clueless Twit is on the cusp of playing Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Ohhhhhhhhh ANYTHING but that!

Laughing!................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I may be allowed to interrupt Big Stick's apparently endless and pointless rant, my powder choices are as follows: H335 and BL(C)-2 for the great little Nosler 40 grainer; Varget for the 55 gr bullets; AA2230 for the Sierra 65 grain GK; and H335 for the Nosler 64 grain BSB.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Sounds like you've done a bit of reloading and shooting. Any pressure problems with the H335? Especially on a hot day or prolonged shoots ( like PDs..)?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Pressure problems? That's what TAC is for.....(grins)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Sounds like you've done a bit of reloading and shooting. Any pressure problems with the H335? Especially on a hot day or prolonged shoots ( like PDs..)?

Yep, had more than a couple of incidents with 335 and 90+ degree days. Usually when working with max loads.

Swifty
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Yep, had more than a couple of incidents with 335 and 90+ degree days. Usually when working with max loads.

I experienced such an issue in my 22-250.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 603Country
If I may be allowed to interrupt Big Stick's apparently endless and pointless rant, my powder choices are as follows: H335 and BL(C)-2 for the great little Nosler 40 grainer; Varget for the 55 gr bullets; AA2230 for the Sierra 65 grain GK; and H335 for the Nosler 64 grain BSB.

Do wax eloquent on your Imaginary Pretend "advantages" which are "inherent" to CM spouts,Walnut handles,compromised mounting systems,compromised glass,comprmised twist rates and how the melding REALLY arranges "splendor".

I've never shot ANY of those powders or bullets.

Laughing.................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I've never whistled more than 1000 rounds of '335 fueled projectiles in a day,more than a helluva buncha times.

HATE the schit.

Laughing!.............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HawkI
Pressure problems? That's what TAC is for.....(grins)

TAC is the phoniest schit I've ever shot in 223/223AI,save Varget...............

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I've never shot ANY of those powders or bullets.

Laughing.................

Why does that not surprise me.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Because your incredible inability to keep pace,reliably grants the obvious to sail miles above your pointy head.

You are on fire!......................

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

I've never whistled more than 1000 rounds of '335 fueled projectiles in a day,more than a helluva buncha times.

HATE the schit.

Laughing!.............

You're on Double Secret Uber Pretend Ignore�remember?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhsh...I'm on the ropes and you are gonna spook The Hole..................

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
<snork>!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rantus interruptus again. Ingwe, no I haven't had any pressure problems with H335. Usually I work up loads in warm weather and hunt in cold weather, so pressure problems haven't been a problem. My H335 load for the 40 grainer is about a half grain shy of max. The BL(C)-2 loads are a bit less warm. When it was hard to find H335, I found plenty of the other, and decided to see if it would shoot as well as the H335. It shot just fine, and when I run out of H335, I might just use up the BL(C)-2 before I get more H335.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
603',

Don't let facts ruin your Pretend.................

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Rantus interruptus again. Ingwe, no I haven't had any pressure problems with H335. Usually I work up loads in warm weather and hunt in cold weather, so pressure problems haven't been a problem. My H335 load for the 40 grainer is about a half grain shy of max. The BL(C)-2 loads are a bit less warm. When it was hard to find H335, I found plenty of the other, and decided to see if it would shoot as well as the H335. It shot just fine, and when I run out of H335, I might just use up the BL(C)-2 before I get more H335.

Thanks for the reply. I shoot IMR 4895 in the varmint guns in hot weather, and H335 comprises my 'go to' load for deer and such, as it gives me velocities with Barnes TTSX like no others, and shooting once or twice in cool weather never raises a pressure issue.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Ingwe, I know you like Barnes, but I've also had good luck with a max load of IMR 4895 behind 60 Partitions.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ping Pong Balls are farrrrrrrrrr from "surprising".............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have never seen/shot a 60NPT either.................

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big deal ....... yawn! tired

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
By the way, Mart. That's a very nice looking rifle.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Reality ain't for everyone,as effortlessly quantify obliviously.

You ALMOST said something about a rifle,but the Whine and Excuses got in the way.

Laughing.............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lemme connect all the dots,while you drool and use enough Imagination to Pretend you understand.

1000 words of Seven.................

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Holy Cow!
My answer would have been -- anything between 4198 and 4895 on the burn chart.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That'll cover flames and noise..................(grin)

M
mart Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M

Thanks. Once in a while I fall into a good deal.

Mart

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's no such thing as a "good" deal on a POS.

Hint.................

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
There's no such thing as a "good" deal on a POS.

Hint.................

Of course there is. All value is relative, and everyone's personal situation is different. Not everyone needs, and not everyone is capable of gaining the full utility of a 5K rifle. You have some very nice rifles above, and I imagine they serve well in your particular niche. But not everyone lives and shoots in your niche, and may benefit from a different allocation of their assets then you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You mean your Pretend ISN'T "real"?!? I am shocked!

Schit is schit and the very definition of false economy.

Hint.

In fairness...I am not much fun to try and keep pace with..............

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
As stated before, I have no one on ignore, neither real nor pretend.

Now who can't keep up?

In the above picture, your rifle second from the top looks pretty interesting. Would you care to share some details with us?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks ain't deceivin'.

SUCH a shame,that you are shy the grey matter to appreciate the hilarity of your Dumbfhuqqtitude..............

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Ingwe, I know you like Barnes, but I've also had good luck with a max load of IMR 4895 behind 60 Partitions.

I know that would work�.and I know Im splitting hairs, because the partitions shoot into an inch all day long-excellent hunting accuracy, but the Barnes will do half that ( not that it matters away from the bench�) but I also prefer the performance on meat that Barnes gives, a lot less messy around the wound channel.
Kinda same-o same-o for lots of things. Its why god created blondes, brunettes and redheads, we all have our preferences. wink

Last edited by ingwe; 08/24/14.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd happily take a 1.25MOA Javelin,over a 1MOA Ping Pong Ball...because it'll reap non-lineal rewards in Precision(drift),impact velocity and terminal affects.

Win/win.

Nerf bullets ain't my cup of tea...............

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
They shoot right at 5/8 MOA, but .224 isn't legal for anything larger then coyotes in this state, so a decent game load is a nice, but not a must have for that rig.

The trade off between accuracy and BC has long been a shooters ban. Flat base bullet may be the most stable, but their BC's suck.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They shoot right at 5/8 MOA, but .224 isn't legal for anything larger then coyotes in this state, so a decent game load is a nice, but not a must have for that rig.

The trade off between accuracy and BC has long been a shooters ban. Flat base bullet may be the most stable, but their BC's suck.

Funny schit!

I've lotsa Javelin Launchers that'll shoot in the .3's.

It'd sweeten the pot...if it were frowned upon..............

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Funny schit!

I've lotsa Javelin Launchers that'll shoot in the .3's.

It'd sweeten the pot...if it were frowned upon..............

I'm sure you do, with a bolt gun and a .223/.223 AI chamber.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Use your Imagination and Pretend you do too.

Laughing!.............

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So Schmuck....

a young scout just was given a Ruger American in 223 for making eagle scout by his proud family....have loaded him up 500 rounds of ammo to shoot the sage rats on his property.. but he wants to go after deer with it this season....

so since you are the self proclaimed 75 grain 223 guru, should we load him up some 75 grain A Maxes, or some 75 grain BTHPs....

they will be fueled with RL 15 or AR Comp....

Thanks for your 2 cents, for helping out a young Boy Scout...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

I rather enjoy your Imagination and it's Pretend...especially when you go FULL Boy Scout and tug at heart strings. Laughing.

Curiously,I proclaimed nothing,but your insecurities are very WELL founded. Just saying.

As an aside,you made mention of a minimum of 25 rifles you "Hunt"/"use" and I find myself still waiting on their "results". Refresher here,to bolster your Imagination and jump start your Pretend.

Not sure a Deer can be killed with a 223.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well Gee there Schmuck....

Thanks for your input....Thought I'd ask him Royal Awesomeness.. since he is the biggest HE-Man on the World Wide Web, with half the game taken in Alaska and half the fish taken in Alaska, in the last 10 years falling to his awesome rifles with the Pirate Decals, and his mighty fish hooks...

But I understand his busy schedule... he was gracious enough to get up before 5 AM to grace us with his answer.. what more can a humble peasant ask for?

Thats okay tho your Royal Awesomeness.. I am sure young Boy Scout Carson will understand... he was just excited to go out hunting with him own rifle on his folks farm before he heads to boot camp at Great Lakes in January...

I'll load some up this afternoon and go out and test them out this afternoon and see which works best...just thought the Great OZ might like to share.....

As to the personal question about my 25 guns... I have NO guns.. Lost them in the Great Oregon Flood of 1925...Besides, I never get off the couch anyway, except to take a dump or a leak... you know that.....Got too much serious imagining and pretend to do, in between afternoon soap operas...

but to fuel your imagination since I know how much you really care...he's a pic someone took at a recent campfire get together down in New Mexico.. its me pretending to help one of the grand son's of a campfire member out, letting him shoot a Model 70 in 22.250 with a 28 inch Pac Nor barrel that I USE to own...

The young man ( who happens to be a Boy Scout...) and his step brother to be...( aged 11 and 12) were following my instructions and coaching, while shooting my 'use to own' lost rifle....they actually did alright! Coming in 3rd and 4th in a competition that included a dozen or more adults...

Generous campfire member DennisInAZ, even was gracious enough to waive his first place prize and let one of the boys who had his birthday the day before, take home the first place prize.. a 550 pack of 22 LR... to shoot in his new 10/22 Take Down rifle...

I tried to use what you would have said if you'd have been there... If you'd have instructed them, I am sure they would have came in first and second beating ALL of the adults...

but ya wanna picture of me "off the couch".. here ya go...

[Linked Image]

as far as me killing game? I don't shoot animals... I am saving them, so that can be done by His Royal Awesomeness...besides they'd rather give up their lives to the Greatest Guy in the World and on the Internet, than little old humble peasant Seafire.....

But thanks for the come back and have an awesome day impressing we campfire members with your awesome feats of accomplishment..

Like everyone here, I stand in AWE.. that you grace your subjects with your AWESOMENESS...we all are so humbled...

Addendum:

here's another of me at the Campfire Outing in New Mexico..busy trying to figure out where they put the damned trigger on these things...

[Linked Image]

Never could find it...DamnIT... too many moving parts on these things ya know.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tough to trump the humor of a Lying Clueless Whining Phuqq...doing her best,to line out her insecurities. Fascinating list and exceedingly wellfounded. Congratulations?!?

The only thing you shoot is your mouth and Imagination,though in no particular order.

PLEASE continue the Insecurity List,Whine List and Excuse List,in whatever manner best salves your realities.

It will be FUNNY!..............

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
ya got me all figured out Yoda....what can I say....

Although I have to give ya credit for the funny statement about shooting off one's mouth....especially the number of posts ya managed in the last few days.... how did ya manage that with all that time out in the woods killing everything... fishing up a storm and reloading and shooting thousands of rounds of whatever goes boom...

You are truly HIS Royal Awesomeness....no one compares to you, so that is why no one tries... it futile...

you shaving that bald head while looking in the mirror must be a truly orgasmic experience for you...getting to see yourself in the mirror and all...

You are truly WONDERFUL Yoda... TRULY WONDERFUL...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You can't say much,other than to fabricate more Excuses and add to the Whine List...while extolling Insecurity after Insecurity.

I have it on good authority,that I ain't much fun to keep pace with and that will only come as a "surprise" to you.

Didn't mean to horn you up,but I'll feign my "surprise" that's the way it always goes.

PS and by the way,Imitation is THE mot sincere form of Flattery.

Bless your heart.................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
As I said Schtick...

ya got me all figured out....

Still it didn't stop me from erecting a shrine to your Holiness/Awesomeness in our living room right by the couch and TV, that I never get away from so as there is more of the GrEAT OUTdoors for you to hog....all to your self..

Here's our family's shrine to the Almighty Schtick...

[Linked Image]

Got it for 93 cents on close out at a K Mart that was closing down in Texas..... Cool ain't it? Its our family's pride and joy....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ain't much to "figure".

You are simply "lucky" that Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You're just unsatisfy-able today aren't ya...

You must be wearing your platform shoes today and feeling 10 feet tall... demanding even more aasssss kissin from your fellow forum members than usual....

it's lonely at the top ain't it Schtick?

ain't easy bein you either....sort of like a Doberman in a Chihuahua's body....with a bulldog's chip on your shoulder...

Hey, but you'll always be "Schtick" to us here at my house...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Were you thumbing through my pics,as you were telling yourself how much you "don't care" for the 10,000,000th time? Hell...some day you may be able to make yourself even believe it?!? Nawwwwwww,it ain't in the cards.

Laughing!

You "hard chargers" are a hoot!...............

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hitting the bottle and crack pipe early today are we?

Evidently.... you're grasping...

but since you were asked a question and ya didn't care to answer it... I just got the info from another highly esteemed forum member.. minus all the Schtick Fanfare to follow...

but thanks for playing....and thanks for your time....even if it was a waste of it...

you can finish playing circle jerk with yourself here...
young Carson will be hunting with a load suggested by another forum member...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Search your Posts and count. During that time...be SURE to imitate.

Laughing!..................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To the OP, that new Nosler 64 gr Bonded Solid Base shoots great over a max load of H335 in my 223. I like the 55 gr Sierra GK too, but wanted a tougher bullet for large pigs. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to try the new bullet out yet.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Dilldos and your Ping Pong Balls crack me up.

75'Max from a coupla days ago at a quarter mile or so.

[Linked Image]

Hint...............

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
To the OP, that new Nosler 64 gr Bonded Solid Base shoots great over a max load of H335 in my 223. I like the 55 gr Sierra GK too, but wanted a tougher bullet for large pigs. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to try the new bullet out yet.

The Nosler 64 grain bonded is impressive, to say the least on deer, I have heard it is as good on hogs�.

And for Stick, I took the 50 gr. Vmaxes in the .223AI out today and worked them at 400, 500, and 600 yds. They do indeed like to fly to the same spot.

Sure am glad I wasn't using that crappy H335 tho���. whistle

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 75'Max has no equal.............

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This is a thread about powder choices, NOT bullet choices. Get it right or you will remain on Double Secret Uber Pretend Ignore�

This is my final warning.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The bullet cited,as FANTASTIC as it is...do require powder.

Connecting dots,is all about connecting dots...................(grin)

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

The Nosler 64 grain bonded is impressive, to say the least on deer, I have heard it is as good on hogs�.

And for Stick, I took the 50 gr. Vmaxes in the .223AI out today and worked them at 400, 500, and 600 yds. They do indeed like to fly to the same spot.

Sure am glad I wasn't using that crappy H335 tho���. whistle

Try some of those 53 grain V Maxes, with a higher BC and see what ya get...I found the 53s have it all over on both the 50s and 55s...with a better BC than the 60 V Max... which I think is still on the suspension list...

if the 50s were good the 53s are even more of a good thing...

my load is 25 grains of H 322... she's a scootin when she leaves the barrel....and my rifles find them more accurate and less finicky than the 50s are...I even found the 55s to be more accurate and less finicky than the 50s also...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Cross-eyed/Drool Test is always compelling.

Laughing................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Props for getting in the kid picture.. But on a serious note, have you considered a man bra?

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sir,

Shefire is the rugged sort and you may or may not be on Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Secret Squirrel PM's may or may not be fired off.

You'll note that she's a whoooooooole bunch more,than a whoooooooooole bunch hesitant to dangle pics of herself...because even someone as STUPID as she,knows how FUNNY it is

That Reality very much collides with her Pretend....................

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
John, I have thought of the 53s a few times but Im stocked up on the 50s, and frankly after seeing what they do, accuracy wise, out to 600, if the 53s could shoot better than that, Im not a good enough shooter to wring it out of them�

Hows THAT for a run-on sentence? grin

My english teacher would be so proud.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pass the 75's..................(hint)

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
How would those be in my 1 in 12? whistle

I guess I could always fall back to the 1 in 8 somebody hounded me into buying�.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who shoots a 12",with an 8" in the ranks.

I'd liken it akin to loading Black Powder in a 7x57...................(hint)

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
FFFg works good�.hint.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Especially in Full length H&H based chamberings,like the 300Weatherby...with 180NPT's.............

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
For the longer cases with sloping shoulders, think cordite.

Thank me later.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kynoch primed...............

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What a berdan we bear.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The Cross-eyed/Drool Test is always compelling.

Laughing................

I am sure you test it out daily in the bathroom mirror while you polish that chrome dome of yours..... or do you have a bathroom mirror in your outhouse?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What we bare ain't worth a Cupro Nickel..............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Your perpetual wellfounded fascination/appreciation of my Manly Beauty,is gonna consume you.

Musta looked into my eyes and got a right proper Horning Up.

You LUCKY Bitch!...................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

Props for getting in the kid picture.. But on a serious note, have you considered a man bra?

[Linked Image]

Well Hell's Bells! I was wondering when the Orange County Moron would show up, with something stupid to ASSume....How in the hell is life treatin ya Rauncho? Super Duper we all hope...no really... we do...

But to answer your question and inferences....

1. Did you ever consider that the shirt I'm wearing is a 2X when XL works just fine... the larger shirt, is both cooler when hot and warmer when cold.... but a rocket scientist like yourself from Orange County would have known that... you were just practicing your dumbasss skills...

2. and as for props getting into the kid picture? must be practicing your dumbasss skills again...If you weren't so focused on being a pompous horses assss, maybe you might have corrected figured out, that the young man was part of the adult shooting competition, because I asked the others participating if the two boys ( grandsons of a forum member ) could be part of it...

and since they really didn't have any firearms to be part of it, that is my 22.250 and my handloads that I am letting them shoot...along with the rest of my stuff I was letting them borrow...

giving them a little instruction, the boys actually did pretty darn well....in fact, on the steel shoot, the boys placed 2nd and 3rd, ahead of all the other adults with that rifle and my handloads ( which was the time the picture was taken by another campfire member).... the only adult that outshot the boys on the steel was DennisinAZ, who took first place....

So STFU but don't fall off the roof and break your neck today.. that would break my friggin heart....No.. Really...

ya like that 28 inch barrel on there? really sends those 60 grain Hornadys out the barrel at real near 3800 fps... Heck with that rifle EVEN YOU could possibly hit something! ... well maybe, or maybe not....probably not...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

[Linked Image]

Well Hell's Bells! I was wondering when the Orange County Moron would show up, with something stupid to ASSume....How in the hell is life treatin ya Rauncho? Super Duper we all hope...no really... we do...

1. Did you ever consider that the shirt I'm wearing is a 2X when XL works just fine... the larger shirt, is both cooler when hot and warmer when cold.... but a rocket scientist like yourself from Orange County would have known that... you were just practicing your dumbasss skills...

2. and as for props getting into the kid picture? must be practicing your dumbasss skills again...If you weren't so focused on being a pompous horses assss, maybe you might have corrected figured out, that the young man was part of the adult shooting competition, because I asked the others participating if the two boys ( grandsons of a forum member ) could be part of it...

and since they really didn't have any firearms to be part of it, that is my 22.250 and my handloads that I am letting them shoot...along with the rest of my stuff I was letting them borrow...

giving them a little instruction, the boys actually did pretty darn well....in fact, on the steel shoot, the boys placed 2nd and 3rd, ahead of all the other adults with that rifle and my handloads ( which was the time the picture was taken by another campfire member).... the only adult that outshot the boys on the steel was DennisinAZ, who took first place....

So STFU but don't fall off the roof and break your neck today.. that would break my friggin heart....No.. Really...

ya like that 28 inch barrel on there? really sends those 60 grain Hornadys out the barrel at real near 3800 fps... Heck with that rifle EVEN YOU could possibly hit something! ... well maybe, or maybe not....probably not...

Holy SCHIT...I am howling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shefire,

Your perpetual wellfounded fascination/appreciation of my Manly Beauty,is gonna consume you.

keep stroking that big 2.5 incher, while you fantasize about that thought.... don't tell anyone on the campfire here.. but having such fantasies would make you a friggin homo...

which really isn't that hard for me to believe....

but hey, since your boy Obama is allowing gays and transgenders to serve in the military, maybe it is finally your chance to serve your country....I can see you serving the nation in the typing pool....maybe you can put in a good word for Rauncho, and they'll take him also...you two Queen Berets...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

keep stroking that big 2.5 incher, while you fantasize about that thought.... don't tell anyone on the campfire here.. but having such fantasies would make you a friggin homo...

which really isn't that hard for me to believe....

but hey, since your boy Obama is allowing gays and transgenders to serve in the military, maybe it is finally your chance to serve your country....I can see you serving the nation in the typing pool....maybe you can put in a good word for Rauncho, and they'll take him also...you two Queen Berets...

Shefire,

Pardon my Manly Beauty horning you up.

In fairness,I WARNED you not to look into my eyes.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
John, I have thought of the 53s a few times but Im stocked up on the 50s, and frankly after seeing what they do, accuracy wise, out to 600, if the 53s could shoot better than that, Im not a good enough shooter to wring it out of them�

Hows THAT for a run-on sentence? grin

My english teacher would be so proud.

Well Tom,

I am sure that stock of 50s will finally disappear down range.. do yourself a favor.. pick up a box of 53s, and when it is time to restock your stash of V Maxes....you'll make the better choice next time...

as for myself, with this shortage, I've sorta standardized on the 40 grain V Maxes, the 53s for longer ranges and for the fast twist 223s and 22.250, the 75 BTHP... with ZERO input from "Yoda" ( that short little fat green Nerd from Craig AK)...as I have found the 75 BTHP to be more accurate than the 75 AMax...

and for the longer ranges still using an AMax, may I suggest the 80s over the 75s.. I pick those up in the 600 count boxes for right around a C Note or less on line...my fast twist 22.250 ( one in 7 twist ) REALLY loves those bullets for reaching WAAAAAY OUT there....and they shoot just great out of a 1 in 9 twist Savage BVSS in 223....( try H 322 or your good old IMR 4895 )

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Is it that time of the month again? Are those big tits of your's sore?

You are really doing "great" ad are a fabulous source of "information".

"Information" being oblivious HILARITY,fueled copiously with incredible insecurity(probably a function of those tits).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DOUBLE XL [bleep]!

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shefire,

I bought a couple of these at Wally World last night...

[Linked Image]

I was amazed at the family resemblance of it and you there Schmuck.... you can look at it and see the family resemblance can't ya....

and what further surprised me ( well not really ) ya cut it open and it has in the inside the same brain matter that you do...

so with all of these years not quite knowing... now you know where your family roots come from...

isn't that great.. you should finally have a sense of belonging to something...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by wageslave
DOUBLE XL [bleep]!

Slavey! How the hell are ya! Long time no see...and yeah, DOUBLE XL! Just a $1 more than XL at the Army Navy Surplus Store... give me your address, I'll ship ya a couple....

hell, If Schmuck is nice.. I'll send him some also.. they have an extensive selection in the kids and midget section...I was thinking Pink Urban Camo would go good with his GFY rifles and his pink Carebear, when he goes to sleep... nice contrast with that green smooth watermelon sitting on his shoulders...

by the way, how's biz at the truck stop been?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Here's hoping your Imagination and it's Pretend are as "fulfilling" to you...as they are phuqqing HILARIOUS to everyone else.

Congratulations?....................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Give "mine" to your buddy Fireball, you two already match....

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
ah, Roy's a good guy Slavey.. don't know what you two might have got crossways on.. but I can guarantee ya he is as fine of a gentleman and good guy as I view you as...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shefire,

Here's hoping your Imagination and it's Pretend are as "fulfilling" to you...as they are phuqqing HILARIOUS to everyone else.

Congratulations?....................

says the biggest fool & court jester on the World Wide Web...

I'd say I am twice the man you are Schmuck.. but just about anyone over 12 years old is on his way to being twice the man you are...tough being a shortschitt ain't it..ya still 3 feet 18 inches tall?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

Dude! I was trying to help. What's with the insults?

Obvious that your girls need a little help, foundation wise. Well, maybe a lot.

Maybe you could do a breast reduction surgery?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

[Linked Image]

Good on you SF.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you MUST.

You're a "rugged" "hard charger" as Bitch Titted Couch Potatoes go.

Laughing.....................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seems to me that Seafire is a pretty darn nice guy to work with the young shooters like that. And it therefore seems very odd that some of you (Stick, and his Twigs), feel the need to pile the verbal abuse on him. Do his good works make you feel inadequate? Are you jealous that someone would let their kids within 100 yards of him and not you? I think that Seafire is probably a happy guy, and I think you aren't. So...join us in being nice. We are the Borg. resistance is futile. Surrender and be assimilated.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hmmm, so now I'm picking on you about you picking on others. That's an interesting situation. This requires some thought. I'll apologize to you if you'll apologize to him.

Naaaaa, let's do this the old fashioned way...paintball guns at 25 paces.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

[Linked Image]

Dude! I was trying to help. What's with the insults?

Obvious that your girls need a little help, foundation wise. Well, maybe a lot.

Maybe you could do a breast reduction surgery?

Sure you were trying to help....I'll believe that when pigs fly...

but what is this fascination with Men and Breasts....

You coming out of the closet? If so I wouldn't let Schtick know.. he seems to have attraction to men with feminine parts...or anything that reminds him of females...

he likes him women manly and his men womanly....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shefire,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you MUST.

You're a "rugged" "hard charger" as Bitch Titted Couch Potatoes go.

Laughing.....................

I bet you typed that with one hand, because the other was choking that little chicken down in your underwear...you love that homo stuff, don't ya.....

why don't we all talk guys, instead of all this man love that seems to inspire you so much...,gets lonely out in the bush, don't it...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

[Linked Image]

Good on you SF.

Thank you... the boys really enjoyed it and their parents really appreciated it, and enjoyed the boys being able to both compete and how well they did...

The smiles on the boys faces made it all worthwhile...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rancho,

You are going to get shefire all horned up on her titties and talking about cock all over again.

Ooops...too late.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You nailed it.

Laughing!

Wow...............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

I'd slap that rubber dick out of your mouth,but you'd just pick it up again.

Laughing!

I'm certain The Boy Scout organization is VERY "proud" of your Cock-Talking ways/actions and it must certainly be a sweet satisfaction for you,to have spear headed the legislation that allow your type in the ranks,less being veiled by a closet.

Congratulations?...................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Keep those bathroom fantasies of yours flowing Piglette....

I can tell how happy they make you and how homo fantasies makes your drunken stupor day pass all so much quicker...

you secretly want to be in scouting so you can be one of those gay leaders you speak of don't ya...

well if you find a sponsoring organization that will allow that, well there ya go... of course tho parents still have to go thru Youth Protection, to keep guys like you away from the kids...

bummer huh?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BWT, BWT.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Keep breaking out of closets,making a stand and fighting the GOOD fight.

Bless your heart............

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by MichiganScott
I use H335. I've been told it's dirty and temp sensitive, but it's the most accurate powder in my carbine length AR's.

Same here. I haven't owned a .223 in quite a while (blush) but my Ruger 77 Mk II RL and my Rem 700 20" heavy barrel both shot best with H335 and 50s, 52s, and 55s.

It might be temperature sensitive but I sure never had any issues with it.

Another favorite was AA2230 under a 45 grain Hornady pointy .224 hornet.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shefire,

Keep breaking out of closets,making a stand and fighting the GOOD fight.

Bless your heart............

Keep telling yourself that Schmuck and you won't feel as guilty about finding out your homo tendencies dominate your personal life so much...

and if you are finding yourself at the truck stop in Lewiston Idaho, Slavey was saying the lunch special is Bacon Wedduce and Tomato Sandwiches...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I read in F&S that '335 has no equal..............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Count how many times you've mentioned Man Talk on this Thread alone and submit it to the BS of A and solicit their "endorsement".

Laughing!...................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Keep searching for a cockfight, Seadick.

You are the little engine that "almost" could.

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
AWWW come on Slavey....

You back on Schmucks Emergency Response Team Again?

Doing that Tag TEAM insult thing...

Well I admit to thinking Schmuck is an attention whore/douche bag, and has to "oneupmanship" on every one trying to prove his dick is longer than everyone else...the Ultimate INternet Hero HeMan...

You, I just think are misguided and evidently easily impressed with morons...

internet insults are like water off a ducks back... so bark away little Buddy...have a good time...

I get a mental image of Gilligan yelling at me, trying to impress someone with no one really watching...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shefire,

Count how many times you've mentioned Man Talk on this Thread alone and submit it to the BS of A and solicit their "endorsement".

Laughing!...................

There ya go Schmuck... Knock yourself out...

http://www.scouting.org/contactus.aspx

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks!

I'll be curious to hear their reply................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I was impressed by morons, you would be my hero.........

Cipher?

Happy Labor Day.

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by wageslave
If I was impressed by morons, you would be my hero.........

Cipher?

Happy Labor Day.

oh that one hurt Slavey.... whistle

Past your bedtime and getting cranky? Diaper needs changing and no one will do it for ya?

Yeah I'm all busted up that some guy who I never met, who lives in Idaho thinks I am a Moron... You rate your opinion a much higher value than I rate it as...

But hey, whatever makes you feel like a tough guy like your internet hero Schmuck....

you have a nice Labor Day Weekend also there Gilligan.. sounds like you need it....

and I hope you get that diaper change real soon, so you don't feel so crabby there Little Buddy...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got that same rifle and mine likes benchmark and 8208. Groups are an inch or better with 55's and it groups the 50s nice and tight with the same powder.

M
mart Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
I tried several powders with the Sierra 55 grain Game King when I was home on my last R&R. Mine did fair with Benchmark and I didn't have any 8208. I did try H4895, AA2495, H322, BL-C2, Benchmark and IMR 4198. My rifle liked H4895 and AA 2495 pretty well and loved the IMR 4198 load. It really didn't like H322 or BL-C2 and only did fair with Benchmark.

I may play with the 2495 some more because I have a lot of it and nothing else I've tried it in really cares for it. I don't have all that much 4198 but it shot so well I may use up what I have in loads for this rifle and hope to find some more.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Mart, I have the same rifle, that is, if yours has an 18 1/2" barrel too, and my friend has one too, both of ours love this load, I usually load the v-max but he loads nosler bt too and the point of impact at 100yrds is the same. I think the noslers are a little tougher jacket. Both of our rifle barrels are floated and the recoil lugs bedded, and the trigger on mine is 1lb 9oz. A good trigger on these light short little rifles is a must, for me to be able to shoot them well. Before I floated and bedded it the same load shoot terrible, close to 2". The model 7s will shoot but I usually float and bed them.

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
BTW, this smoking little load chronograph averaged 3292. Not bad for a short piped 223!

M
mart Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
I'll have to measure it tomorrow when I get home. I'm thinking it might be 20 inches. That's some great shooting. I'll play around with this one some this winter with bedding and trigger work. I bought it mostly to have for my wife and one of my friends when they go fur calling with me. It was priced right so I grabbed it just to have on hand as an extra varmint gun. It's a shame it's right handed. I really kind of like it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by willecoyote
BTW, this smoking little load chronograph averaged 3292. Not bad for a short piped 223!

I'm a big RL 7 fan, in both the 223 and the 22.250...

even if everyone seems to tell me that fast powders and shorter barrels, make no difference in velocity than slower powders and the shorter barrels...

but then again, in my short barreled 223, which got traded off.. I burned a lot of Blue Dot with 40 and 50 grain bullets...

I use that powder and SR 4759 a lot in many of my 223s, with bullets 50 grains and under...and they give me accuracy results like that...

4198 is also a good 223 powder, either one of them...

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I don't have a 223 that won't shoot pretty well with 748

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (69sportfury, 300jimmy, 338reddog, 2500HD, 3333vl, 14 invisible), 1,300 guests, and 856 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,126
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.