K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
We can talk about it here over a beer and a football game

http://www.polcarisbridgwayeinn.com

I guess you can't be all bad. wink

I've only been to the one in Saugus; it's decent. The Green Harbor Lobster Pound is better, IMNSHO, if it's the Marshfield area. Happy to continue the banter there, or elsewhere, for a meal, game and beers. As long as you're not rooting against the Pats, we're good.

wink

Just know I stand by my opinion, though. Bird shot especially at close range, will do a terrifying amount of damage to tissue.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by kamo_gari; 08/21/14.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shot does great at point blank range for sure.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Shot does great at point blank range for sure.

If that was point blank the spread/pattern wouldn't be so broad. I shoot a fully-choked Beretta for waterfowl, and with my go-to load of 2s, it'll pattern much like that at 20 feet...

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
An SKS would make a decent defense gun. By the sounds of it, you want a universal "ranch gun". A couple things that I would consider, is capacity, length, ammunition, and sighting.

The first one is pretty easy to fix; while I think that for 90+% of bad social situations, ten rounds is probably enough, there is nothing that I would rather not do than reload when I should be shooting. Get the steel 30 round magazine. Its more durable than the plastic ones (especially in the cold) reliable, and drop right in, as soon as you take out the old one.

Length is a harder one, and because of the gas operation best left alone. But overall in certain house situations, it is about 8" too long in barrel length to be ideal in the house. Probably would not bother me, if I was not debating it on the webz, or unless I was putting together a list of ideal attributes.

Kind of mixing up the order here, but that brings me to sights. The front sight sticks up and is too easy to grab if someone got the opportunity. That's kind of a nit pick, but I'm speaking about the ideal; don't forget. And irons suck in the dark. A better choice would be a scope or a red dot sight. I put a scope on mine, not on the receiver where it will change the zero every time you take it down. A better choice for quicker acquisition would be a red dot or a reflex sight, mounted up front in a "scout rifle position". Though that may be a pain as well.

For ammo, there is not much in the way of selection. Most of it is corrosively primed FMJ. Be prepared to clean it lots. There is softpoint hunting ammunition from PMC, but I have never seen .312 varmint bullets yet.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
656 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 61 invisible), 3,154 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,190
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.