Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Also been arrested on two counts of filing a false statement. CNN has now reported that he will pose a major problem in prosecution.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tracks
Big guy thinking of himself as a warrior
Cop disrespects him
Gonna show cop
Cop's a warrior too, brought his tools
Big guy won't back down
Cop can't back down
Results as deserved.

Sorry, I look at like this, The kid is/was the town bully and everyone knew it. Brown thought he had been fingered for the strong arm robbery he had just done and wasn't going to let a "whitey" cop take him in. Unfortunately for the cop, it appears he did not know about the robbery and caught Brown in a "bad" moment. Brown was never a warrior. He was just a useless hood rat.

Hood rat dead and cop still alive. So far the good guys are ahead. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Didn't mean to imply he was anything other than a low life. Just thought he might view himself as something other.
Whatever his thinking it cost him his life.
A price he deserved to pay

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Kid was a punk. So was the cop. Back in the day, at least locally, that kid would've been one sorry SOB, having been the recipient of dozens of violent meat splitting, bone mashing, knot raising blows from a flashlight or billy club, and would likely have filled his cell toilet with bloody urine for a few days, but he wouldn't have been dead.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
I'm hoping the truth comes out and is believed in time to save the officer.

In high-profile political cases like this, the actual truth rarely comes out.

One of the established narratives will win and thereafter be accepted as mainstream fact, and the others will take the status of conspiracy theories. What actually happened will most likely be lost to history.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Welll,not so much kamo. Taking a shot that was hard enuff to smash the orbit would leave most extremely weakened and at least somewhat disoriented.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Welll,not so much kamo. Taking a shot that was hard enuff to smash the orbit would leave most extremely weakened and at least somewhat disoriented.

Ferguson Police Chief Says Officer Involved in Shooting Was Injured
By Reuters
Filed: 8/13/14 at 5:32 PM

AA

Filed Under: U.S., Michael Brown, Ferguson, Police Shooting

FERGUSON Mo. (Reuters) - The police officer involved in the fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager last weekend in Ferguson, Missouri, an incident that has sparked repeated and sometimes violent racially charged protests, was injured in the encounter and treated for a facial injury, the city's chief of police said on Wednesday.

Police Chief Thomas Jackson told a news conference on Wednesday the officer was treated in hospital for swelling on the side of his face.

The officer involved has not been identified.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yea, hell, he only stole some poor Bastids backpack. Why should we give a crap.

In the sense that the Michael Brown shooting was entirely justifiable, it is indeed irrelevant that the only priors anyone has brought forth is that the companion/fellow robbery perp/witness had was for stealing a backpack.

But prior arrest records would shed light on the two.

I've spent many years in a big-city high school, most times when a student or recent student commits a serious crime its no surprise given their actions during the preceding years. In fact it is depressingly easy to predict the future of many.

Surprising things do happen; we once had a kid commit a violent drug-fueled murder where the kid was an honor student and had NO prior arrests.

In the case of Michael Brown, his violently assaulting a Cop in broad daylight in front of witnesses is pretty far out there, seems odd that he doesn't seem to have had a long string of assault convictions prior to this.

Maybe he did but the records were expunged because he was a juvenile when he did them? I dunno.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Birdie, the FIRST RULE of the ghetto is "NO SNITCH". He could have had a dozen bully-boy attacks that were never reported. Saw it happen disgustingly often. Expecting a cohort to give a truthful account (AT FIRST) IS A FOOL'S ERRAND.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Kid was a punk. So was the cop. Back in the day, at least locally, that kid would've been one sorry SOB, having been the recipient of dozens of violent meat splitting, bone mashing, knot raising blows from a flashlight or billy club, and would likely have filled his cell toilet with bloody urine for a few days, but he wouldn't have been dead.

Or said flashlight/night stick gets taken from cop and used to kill him.

Gentle giant becomes hood hero and declares open season on cops and convenience stores.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
In the case of Michael Brown, his violently assaulting a Cop in broad daylight in front of witnesses is pretty far out there, seems odd that he doesn't seem to have had a long string of assault convictions prior to this.

Maybe he did but the records were expunged because he was a juvenile when he did them? I dunno.

Birdwatcher

All juvenile records are sealed when a person reaches 17yoa in Texas, Mike. Don't know about Missouri.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm a little confused here[more than normal]. When did assaulting a police officer become less of a crime than to expect a full blown retaliation from the full squad? When I was growing up, we knew that you didn't F with law enforcement. With the skirmish that happened in the vehicle which resulted in the gun being fired I would certainly expect full force to follow w/ reason.
When did this type of behavior become acceptable??

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raeford
I'm a little confused here[more than normal]. When did assaulting a police officer become less of a crime than to expect a full blown retaliation from the full squad? When I was growing up, we knew that you didn't F with law enforcement. With the skirmish that happened in the vehicle which resulted in the gun being fired I would certainly expect full force to follow w/ reason.

When some people became more equal than others.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I think it was Mike Brown that was confused, but that's been handled.

Something clever here.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave

He wasn't confused.

He was wrong.

Dead wrong.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
I've heard that too Terry but I think it's still unconfirmed as is the story of the orbital fracture. FWIW, I think that anybody that has any experience in dealing with hood rats already have a good grasp on what probably happened...as cold as it may sound, I have more sympathy for what the officer & his family are gonna have to endure than I have for the "gentle giant" & HIS family...reap what ya sow...

I don't believe the orbital fracture xrays were faked. It's pretty easy to see the fracture.

Looking back at the article discussing the orbital fracture it seems the CT scan is labled (File Image). It's not the officers scan. Actual image has apparently been included in grand jury evidence but has not yet been published.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by northern_dave

The toxicology report might shed some light on that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree, drugged up for sure, not all can be OJ Simpson.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I smelled a rat on day one, when the criminal Dorian Johnson related how the officer reached out of his car window, and grabbed the giant black kid by the collar.
Nobody is going to initiate a confrontation that way. Your arm is stuck way out the window, you have no leverage. The guy standing on the street could easily break your arm.
The man standing on the ground has all the advantage.

I knew from that point that lies were being told. The reason there was a confrontation with an officer sitting in a car, and a man standing on the street, is because the guy standing started it.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Raeford
When I was growing up, we knew that you didn't F with law......

When some people became more equal than others.

There's been a lot of "that" going around !

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (11point, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 70 invisible), 2,745 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,644
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.