Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MojoHand,

Those are simplistic statements not meant for the real world of optics consumption. Otherwise we wouldn't have the variety of very good scopes of myriad descriptions available.

Some people install expensive glass just so they can brag about them. Some want great glass and great low light performance and reliability and high magnification and consistent tracking for playing with their turrets and toughness in case of falls. Some take the package optics and are good to go for the rest of their life.

Some don't realize the scope they have is not as good as when it was first installed. I know because I thought my barrel was wore out when the groups opened up while using a Burris Signature 8-32X on my .223. Fortunately a friend suggest I try another scope. The groups went back to normal.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Joe Average ain't very bright,as you perpetually reiterate.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RDFinn
I feel like I'm involved in two different conversations. The OP's question about what's improved in the last 20 years and now a completely different conversation regarding the most important function of a riflescope.

If the most important things don't get better,then there's no "progress".

I find myself in the usual conversation,in that it's never been difficult to cypher who shoots,more than a smidge.

Though I do enjoy the comical banter of folks fretting scope finish,how they "look" on a given platform and all the other deep "thinking" them who shoot the least...fret the most.

It's akin to a Stupidity Tournament and hearts is in it,to "win" it...................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Joe Average ain't very bright,as you perpetually reiterate.

Hint...............

You and I are the same. Neither one of us is bright enough to keep up with some of these conversations. Since I am not nearly as bright as you I have no idea what you are talking about when you posted "Hint......"

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Be sure to tell yourself that which you most need to hear,loud and often.

Here's hoping it "works" for you.

Happy Imagination!...............

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Maybe more clear communication and less "hinting" would be a more effective way to get a point across - but heck I've been married more than 25 years and clear communication is pretty challenging there some days too.

We are in a golden age of scopes for people with lots of money and folks with just a little money. The fact that for $249 you can buy a VX2 3x9x40 that has better glass and as accurate adjustments as a vari-x III that would have cost that or more just 10 years ago and be backed by terrific customer service for the next 25 years is just great. The new players like Vortex Nightforce, Trijicon, along with good inexpensive scopes by NIKON, Sightron, Weaver Burris, etc with good warranties and cheaper Euro name brand scopes like the Zeiss Conquest and Terra are huge improvements over what was available a short while ago even if the were mod. Lifetime guarantees on scopes that sit on rifles with MOA guarantees can be assembled for less than $800 easily - not true 20 years ago in those dollars and maybe not today

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Most of my rifles are wearing Weaver "Classic"s...they worked 20 years ago, they still work now. I just try to keep it simple these days, more trigger time, less worrying about the gear...besides those Weaver's have held zero with no problems and had nice bright clear glass, no good reason to change them.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most folks can't take an even none so subtle hint.

Hint....................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Minute Of Stop Sign,isn't an expose on Zero Retention.

That glass was schit,the day it left the Factory and slid downhill every second after.

Hint..............

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
85 members (338reddog, 308ld, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,582 guests, and 752 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,759
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.