Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
I know the subject is tedious to some.......but there appears to be some evidence that Ward grabbed Stewart's wing as he drove past, and subsequently fell off/under and suffered fatal injuries.

This enhanced stop-action video is compelling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poTRhhiJ6j4

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Looked like it to me.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Yup. He can be seen hanging off it at :30.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I raced for a lot of years and have a different perspective on this. If you aren't accelerating or breaking,you should be headed to the pits,period.
Nascar let this kind of behavior go on for a very long time. I remember Robby Gordon throwing his helmet at Michael Waltrip as he drove by and they did very little to Gordon if anything. They should have tackled Robby,hog tied his ass and hauled him off to jail.
They used to let the good ol'boys duke it out after a wreck and nothing happened afterwards.
Now the chickens have come home and a twenty year old hot head did what he saw the Big Boys do and he paid with his life.
Nascar got what they wanted... A little drama...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Amen

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Reality TV and Backyard wrestling is all that is going to save NASCAR.

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
From what I understand if the driver throttled it as some are accusing the back end would go toward the wall. I distinctly saw the front end go toward the wall. This is what would happen if something slowed the right side of the car; say by grabbing the wing or getting in front of the rear tire.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I raced for a lot of years and have a different perspective on this. If you aren't accelerating or breaking,you should be headed to the pits,period.
Nascar let this kind of behavior go on for a very long time. I remember Robby Gordon throwing his helmet at Michael Waltrip as he drove by and they did very little to Gordon if anything. They should have tackled Robby,hog tied his ass and hauled him off to jail.
They used to let the good ol'boys duke it out after a wreck and nothing happened afterwards.
Now the chickens have come home and a twenty year old hot head did what he saw the Big Boys do and he paid with his life.

WTF does Nascar have to do with Sprint car races? Absolutely nothing! Common sense tells you that if you run out on the track you might get run over. Play stupid games win stupid prizes kind of deal. If this kid had of had any damn brains between his ears he would have waited in the pits and handled the problem, but more than likely he would of hated to have to tell people how Tony Stewart bitch slapped his ass and sent him home crying. Brother Bart the race car driver, LMFAO. Just how many of those races did you run in a sprint car or on the nascar lever? Yeah, thanks. Carry on asshat!

I'm pretty good at drinking beer
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by GrandView
I know the subject is tedious to some.......but there appears to be some evidence that Ward grabbed Stewart's wing as he drove past, and subsequently fell off/under and suffered fatal injuries.

And yes, it looks like he did grab the wing.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have been lying awake for countless nights trying to figure out how walking onto a race car track with race cars racing around it, could result in serious bodily harm.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
likely we will never know 'the truth' about everything that happened. The one thing we DO know, is that Ward left his car, and walked onto the track............

Sam......

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Sometimes I get angry at my target when I'm at the rifle range so I just storm down the live range shaking my fist and swearing at my target. The other shooters should watch out for me, because I plan on doing it a lot.

What could possibly go wrong?

Something clever here.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Someone shoots the beer out of your hand? grin

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Sometimes I get angry at my target when I'm at the rifle range so I just storm down the live range shaking my fist and swearing at my target. The other shooters should watch out for me, because I plan on doing it a lot.

What could possibly go wrong?

People would discuss different theories for weeks.

'flave would drink a beer.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlyingDog

WTF does Nascar have to do with Sprint car races? Absolutely nothing! Common sense tells you that if you run out on the track you might get run over. Play stupid games win stupid prizes kind of deal. If this kid had of had any damn brains between his ears he would have waited in the pits and handled the problem, but more than likely he would of hated to have to tell people how Tony Stewart bitch slapped his ass and sent him home crying. Brother Bart the race car driver, LMFAO. Just how many of those races did you run in a sprint car or on the nascar lever? Yeah, thanks. Carry on asshat!

You are too smart for your own good. Maybe you should call Brian France and tell him everything you know about racing(except the parts you learned watching it on TV)and then call Tony Stewart up and set him straight as well.
And after that,get back to us and let us know what they said.
You are just another blowhard from Tennessee. Crawl back under that rock,jackass.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GrandView

I call a reflex action as he saw the wing about to hit him in the head. He reached up to deflect it. That seems more reasonable.

Now...I'll let you kiddies squabble some more. grin

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

You are too smart for your own good. Maybe you should call Brian France and tell him everything you know about racing(except the parts you learned watching it on TV)and then call Tony Stewart up and set him straight as well.
And after that,get back to us and let us know what they said.
You are just another blowhard from Tennessee. Crawl back under that rock,jackass.
Yeah, and you're just another campfire FKIA. I'll pay your entry fee for a race if you promise to get out of the car and run across the track.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll pay your entry fee for a race if you promise to get out of the car and run across the track.

I doubt that you have enough money to pay an entry fee. And unlike you,I'm smart enough to stay away from that kind of danger. Now piss off boy,let the men talk.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
oh yeah, hey... Like NASA sanctions WWE rasslin

I used to be a cowboy astronaut boat captain.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'll pay your entry fee for a race if you promise to get out of the car and run across the track.

I doubt that you have enough money to pay an entry fee. And unlike you,I'm smart enough to stay away from that kind of danger. Now piss off boy,let the men talk.

See, that's where assuming makes an asss out of you. You have no damn clue what I have. Just because I don't get on here and brag and blow about all the money I have doesn't mean shiit. I can buy whatever I want whenever want and pay CASH. I'm not in debt up to my assshole like some of the blow hard douchebags running around here in their merino wool under wear. I don't need to keep up with the Jone's like some of you asssholes. I am the Jone's Bitch!

Last edited by FlyingDog; 08/22/14.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 1936M71, 16penny, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 2,751 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,520
Posts18,452,713
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.