Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Do any of you model 70 friends shoot and love model 52's ? I am a big fan and have an E model coming in. I love my C HB target, C Sporter both 1956 models and a 52R Zanders HB all are tack drivers and this E is said to be the best of the best, time will tell. I can bang away all day and not feel like Im breaking the bank ammo wise. My supply of wolf MT is sipping away in a hurry and I am getting sticker shock replacing my .22 target stash!very best winpoor

BP-B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A model 52 is on my short list of guns to buy. I remember years ago when my grandpa came over to Montana to visit and we perused the used gun racks at a local pawn shop. He was very excited when he found a wonderful model 52 at a great price. He loved Parker shotguns and Winchester rifles.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Oregon45 loves the 52. I personally want to get a 75 deluxe one of these days. I kind of had an opportunity (If I hadn't already spent $1,600.00 on 2 rifles that day) last summer at an antique firearms gunshow to buy a 75 deluxe to die for. Oh well, I couldn't pass up my 71 that day...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
I just sold one of my three M52's, but I've got my eye on another one. They're greatest guns and still competitive on the silhouette firing line.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Big fan of Winchester rim fires in particular, have a very clean 52B, on the look out for a C and a D.
[Linked Image]

100 yd 5 shot group with the B
[Linked Image]

Have a couple 75's and 69A's also, accurate rifles just not up to 52 standards.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
When USRAC came out with the repro in the 90's I would not buy one because it had 'made in Japan' . about 350 if memory serves! My how times change, I have a Zanders HB and absolutley love it , I think they made 250 satin( mine is satin and came with irons as well as drilled and tapped and grooved and 250 gloss with the extra heavy barrel, after removing the 'lawyer pin' the trigger is very nice and the more I shoot it the better it shoots, right now it shoots with my 56' 'C' sporter at a 1/4 of the initial investment. Al my 52's love wolf MT made by Lapua, SK, its getting harder to find . If you ever run across the Federal Gold Metal Match, UM1, from the 90's buy it as I have shot 1/2 inch 100 yard groups with that dimpled ammo! I is like it was tailor made for 52's! very best WinPoor

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Augie
Big fan of Winchester rim fires in particular, have a very clean 52B, on the look out for a C and a D.

[Linked Image]

I love that 75 deluxe. I almost bought one just like it last year for $575.00

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Here's my 52C, made in 1956. It's in a Dunlop stock and I had it drilled and tapped for a modern scope. 5-shots at 50 yards:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

[Linked Image]

575.00 would of been a hell of a deal if it was in good shape.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I knew you would be posting some cool 52's.. That one is pretty tricked out. I've seen some 52's at our club shoot that well (even better) with old outdated (period correct) scopes too.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

[Linked Image]

575.00 would of been a hell of a deal if it was in good shape.

I know Augie. It was a steal!! It was as nice as yours and yours looks almost new in the pic. There were numerous 52's at that gunshow as well. The 52's are amazing shooters from what I've seen. I was eyeballing a 52 sporter in Nevada the last time I was there. They were wanting $1,000.00 for it, but I didn't know if that was a good deal.

BSA MAGA
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
BSA, Unless you just have to have an org. 52C sporter, bide your time till a 52R Zanders HB sporter pops up, they are super well made, shoot like a house afire and hold value to the max, there is a lot of debate as to how many Zanders had done but the best I can tell is 250 satin and 250 gloss. I bought mine several years ago and could not be happier, it shoots right there with my 56' 52C sporter at about 1/4 the investment! The 'Rs' had a lawyer pin installed to limit wt of pull but it is a simple small roll pin to remove, then you can safely reduce wt of pull to about 2 lbs with no creep. Next Time I get the camera out I will take a pix, I may have one on photobucket. very best WinPoor

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Here is a photo I took right after my Zanders came in as I had a 36X scope mounted up to see just what she would do on the bench, it wears a fixed 8X now for hunting.
[Linked Image]
To me it is the finest non custom .22lr money can buy, made in japan or not! I take it to the woods a lot more than my org 56' 'C' model. very best winpoor

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
winpoor, that is a true beauty. I could handle something like that!! I'll definitely keep an eye out for one of those..

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Someone else will be looking also. grin

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Just what I need, more competition frown .. Battue, I'm going to be in your neck of the woods tomorrow.. cool

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Some guys have all the luck.

I'll be free Wed and Fri, if you have some time shoot me a PM. Plan on shooting some shotguns.

laissez les bons temps rouler
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I'm on the hunt for a clean original 52C Sporter. I own a Japanese made 52 that I like a lot, it's the first gun I ever bought when I was 12 yrs old.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
These ole 52's just do it for me, Some of my best Saturdays after a deerhunt with GA Bulldog football on the radio has been a group shooting at 100 yards with my 52C target and a 36X leupold scope with a 1/8 moa lee diamond dot and wolf MT ammo,We shoot the 3" orange stick on target dots with a 1" black bull. Only a hit in the black count, when everything is just right you can see the bullet fall out of the arc and dot that dot. great practice and throw a little wind in the game and it is fun city! WinPoor

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by battue
Some guys have all the luck.

I'll be free Wed and Fri, if you have some time shoot me a PM. Plan on shooting some shotguns.

Sounds like fun. Wish I could, but I'll be busy with funeral stuff and then going to the baseball game on friday. Shooting shotguns sounds funner though.... frown

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
638 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,860 guests, and 1,416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,259
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.