Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Some folks just like having "stuff". I've got a buddy with probably six half finished projects who has to borrow a complete AR if he wants to shoot with us.

I resemble that remark, 'cept I do have a functional AR, or three.

ARIC

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TWR
Sorry Travis, we misunderstood each other. I don't have a 300 BO but have shot a 308 subsonic so I know what the BO is capable of.

I shoot my pigs with regular ol 223's and the 44 special I spoke of was a 629, no suppressor. At least for now.

A buddy of mine does the suppressed/NV thing but keeps it to more close range stuff. To be clear, I'm all for the 300 BO with a suppressor, I just don't see it as a giant killer running light bullets supersonic.

Gotcha.

I ask because I am curious how the sub-sonics do on pigs and schit out around 100yds. I'm supposed to go pig killing next spring and was going to take my 308 with but I will more than likely use regular loads.

Here's my son yesterday. It's hard for me to imagine where I'm going to need a gun to be this quiet. Especially when I'm having to dial about 8 MOA between the fiddy and the 100.

Travis

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I am just gonna get another useless 223, tired of fighting 308's and don't want to pay a dolla a shot fo practice.

I wish someone made a half way accurate half way working 7.62 x 39!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I can make those too...

NRA Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I live in the east, in a state than bans .223 for deer, where people are everywhere. I have the Blackout so I can shoot a deer pilfering from my backyard garden, and the neighbors won't be disturbed during their nice autumn morning or evening. Like a crossbow, it's a narrow niche, but a useful one for my purposes.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Poodleshooter
I live in the east, in a state than bans .223 for deer, where people are everywhere. I have the Blackout so I can shoot a deer pilfering from my backyard garden, and the neighbors won't be disturbed during their nice autumn morning or evening. Like a crossbow, it's a narrow niche, but a useful one for my purposes.

Do you shoot it sub-sonic and suppressed?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave

Yep.

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I would worry about them running Into my neighbors yard and dying.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Some folks just like having "stuff". I've got a buddy with probably six half finished projects who has to borrow a complete AR if he wants to shoot with us.

I resemble that remark, 'cept I do have a functional AR, or three.

Yeah, all you need is a buddy, or three.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seeing, how you write "Uber" it should not surprise me, how you pronounce it.

But, dang, listen to yourself.

Its "�ber".

http://dict.leo.org/ende/index_de.html#/search=%C3%BCber&searchLoc=0&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Suppressed subs from an SBR that actually cycle the weapon is fun, you can't argue with that. Thats whay most (especially us youts under 35) have taken a liking to them. Unless you already have or plan on doing the work for a suppressor and SBR lower, 300BLK is pointless. I prefer 5.56 for mostly everything from an AR but a 6.5 Grendel project has always been on the back burner for me.

Last edited by CBMJR; 08/22/14.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I am just gonna get another useless 223, tired of fighting 308's and don't want to pay a dolla a shot fo practice.

RRA
Introducing the Rock River Arms LAR-47
by G&A Online Editors | January 24th, 2012 5

Rock River Arms introduced its brand new LAR-47 rifle at SHOT Show 2012 in Las Vegas. The LAR-47 rifle is your standard AR platform, but good news for you AK fans: It also takes AK-47 magazines. Chambered in 7.62�39, the LAR-47 is fully adaptable with all AR upgrades and features a chrome-lined bore. Check out the video from SHOT Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbaM8bMsRJM

Last edited by Robert_White; 08/22/14.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Yep.

What bullet are you using and at what ranges? Do you usually brain or spine them?

Travis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would worry about them running Into my neighbors yard and dying.

Yup. Same worry exists with a bow...or even muzzleloader. I'm friendly with the only neighbor's place they've ever run onto. Most I've killed just dropped DRT.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Yep.

What bullet are you using and at what ranges? Do you usually brain or spine them?

Travis

Trying 230gr soft cast Lee for this year. The longest shot on my tiny home garden/food plot field is 55yds from the stand. Most are more like 30yds. I'm high enough and they're close enough that shots are at a high angle down, making most shots spine shots just because it's on the way to the lungs.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Oh come on, its not hard or super expensive to have a accurate and reliable .308 in the AR platform. You just have to know who to source your parts from. I will walk you through it if you want. wink

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I can't yet comment on how it will work on animals, but trying the 194 lehigh bullet, max expansion I think its called.

At 100 in the same backstop as barnes are fired into full speed with many rounds, the lehigh looks just a barnes, 4 petals peeled back.

At what should be appx 1000 fps from a 300/221 round.

When I get to a pig, hopefully soon, I"ll give a report.

I have not shot the drops on it yet but you can run the BC and 1000 fps, off the lehigh site and figure how bad or not bad the drops are. IIRC it was along the lines of 4-6 high at 50 if on at 100.... Since I have a rangefinder and will run knobs on the gun, won't be that big a deal IF the need is there for suppression, either real or in my mind.

Will try to take pictures of pig results and so on. Will do same with deer this fall.

BTW one of my buds says the suppressors work great on yotes too, you can almost always get the 2nd no problem, and it will be looking at the first generally... not running like he77. Thats hard for me to believe though.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
DNR does not allow a 5.56 for deer hunting here. I want to can my .50 cal. inline.

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Funny the DNR in most states is quite ignorant about killin stuff.

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
It looks like from the website the RR is not released yet

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
147 members (35, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 300_savage, 160user, 14 invisible), 1,842 guests, and 839 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,778
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.