-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste !!!!

If you don't like Robert E. Lee, you won't like it on this ranch. JGM
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not a school system problem as you cant teach common sense, simple deduction and reasoning. You have to wonder what these guys think about and ponder at any given time.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ConradCA
This video is sad but believable. Check out this from a teacher who tried to teach in a poor inner city school:

Essay by a teacher in a black high school

Here is part of it:
*This is a repost from the rants and raves section from the Mobile, Alabama craigslist.*
The truth is usually a tough thing to accept, so I understand if this is flagged. It would be a cowardly thing to do, but I understand it. Some people just ignore unpleasant truths. However, if you think ignoring the problem, or trying to censor the truth, will help our black children improve, you�re dreaming. This is important, so I�m happy to repost � indefinitely if necessary. I find it interesting that NO ONE has had the intellect to refute anything in the essay. They can only attempt to censor it, as if doing so somehow makes it invalid. Weak minds, weak minds.
Until recently I taught at a predominantly black high school in a southeastern state.
The mainstream press gives a hint of what conditions are like in black schools, but only a hint. Expressions journalists use like �chaotic� or �poor learning environment� or �lack of discipline� do not capture what really happens. There is nothing like the day-to-day experience of teaching black children and that is what I will try to convey.
Most whites simply do not know what black people are like in large numbers, and the first encounter can be a shock.

I read that essay a while ago and it's disheartening, to say the least.

You couldn't custom make a culture more doomed to repetitive failure if you tried. If it could be fixed from the outside it would have been long ago, but that will never happen. Like any group that gets its identity from a feeling of persecution, it's almost a badge of honor to maintain that status. I saw that in the Army - blacks have more peer pressure to be "black" than any group of whites or Hispanics I ever saw.

The only way it will be fixed is from the inside, and even though we see those voices crying in the wilderness - some of Chris Rock's videos, Jonathon Gentry's rant against Ferguson (posted elsewhere here), Bill Cosby's long time stance - it's all for naught since anyone criticizing the status quo of the culture is ostracized - they're "white".

I really try to be objective about this. I've known a handful of black men that were intelligent, moral, people anyone could look up to and respect - a certain systems analyst and several black NCOs come to mind. Either they were genetic anomalies or proof that anyone can succeed with the right attitude, I favor the latter view. But I am SO friggin' glad I live in a place with a very low population of black people. Current black "culture" is a cancer that can only be cured by the patients themselves, and I see absolutely no way that is going to happen.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by ConradCA
This video is sad but believable. Check out this from a teacher who tried to teach in a poor inner city school:

Essay by a teacher in a black high school

Here is part of it:
*This is a repost from the rants and raves section from the Mobile, Alabama craigslist.*
The truth is usually a tough thing to accept, so I understand if this is flagged. It would be a cowardly thing to do, but I understand it. Some people just ignore unpleasant truths. However, if you think ignoring the problem, or trying to censor the truth, will help our black children improve, you�re dreaming. This is important, so I�m happy to repost � indefinitely if necessary. I find it interesting that NO ONE has had the intellect to refute anything in the essay. They can only attempt to censor it, as if doing so somehow makes it invalid. Weak minds, weak minds.
Until recently I taught at a predominantly black high school in a southeastern state.
The mainstream press gives a hint of what conditions are like in black schools, but only a hint. Expressions journalists use like �chaotic� or �poor learning environment� or �lack of discipline� do not capture what really happens. There is nothing like the day-to-day experience of teaching black children and that is what I will try to convey.
Most whites simply do not know what black people are like in large numbers, and the first encounter can be a shock.

I read that essay a while ago and it's disheartening, to say the least.

You couldn't custom make a culture more doomed to repetitive failure if you tried. If it could be fixed from the outside it would have been long ago, but that will never happen. Like any group that gets its identity from a feeling of persecution, it's almost a badge of honor to maintain that status. I saw that in the Army - blacks have more peer pressure to be "black" than any group of whites or Hispanics I ever saw.

The only way it will be fixed is from the inside, and even though we see those voices crying in the wilderness - some of Chris Rock's videos, Jonathon Gentry's rant against Ferguson (posted elsewhere here), Bill Cosby's long time stance - it's all for naught since anyone criticizing the status quo of the culture is ostracized - they're "white".

I really try to be objective about this. I've known a handful of black men that were intelligent, moral, people anyone could look up to and respect - a certain systems analyst and several black NCOs come to mind. Either they were genetic anomalies or proof that anyone can succeed with the right attitude, I favor the latter view. But I am SO friggin' glad I live in a place with a very low population of black people. Current black "culture" is a cancer that can only be cured by the patients themselves, and I see absolutely no way that is going to happen.

It's really sad that any African American Citizen that sees the problem with the Black Culture and tries to improve their lot is automatically called an "Uncle Tom" and is ostracized by the Black Community.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Obviously fake. If that's their yard someone explain to me why it's mowed.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
That WAS painful.
Those two dudes have no perspective. They've probably walked everywhere they've ever been.
I won't get into the public schools because it's criminal what educators get away with not teaching.

Bart,

Their teachers share the same intelligence level..

Thanks affirmative action and diploma mill predominately black colleges!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You sure that they are not big O's brain trust. grin

Got to love them trick questions.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Nope - my friend and shipmate, Darryl Duff (ALSO a 6'5" 300 pound black man), is Ferguson's best - for REAL. An absolutely fine gentleman. A REAL gentle giant. Needless to say, he is saddened and embarrassed by the turn of events in Ferguson.

Last edited by benchman; 08/23/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is one of the the outcomes of that fabulous movement started by LBJ - "The Great Society". To hell in a handbasket at 80 miles per hour.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by CCCC
This is one of the the outcomes of that fabulous movement started by LBJ - "The Great Society". To hell in a handbasket at 80 miles per hour.
Often referred to as the "grate" society - you know - the guys that keep warm on the grates...

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MColeman

Sadly Mickey I know a few white boys just as stupid.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag

No doubt but I'll wager it's easier to find blacks like that than it is whites.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can honestly say I've never known anyone with "normal" mental capacity that could not answer such a question. Friends son has severe mental damage, that I can understand. But these two?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag

No doubt but I'll wager it's easier to find blacks like that than it is whites.

I'd wager that you are correct, most likely it would depend on the area. where I live there are not many blacks of the probably 15 or 20 only 4 or 5 are decent educated people. Lots more dumb whites here than blacks.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ro1459
No child left behind. Great system.

The No Child Left Behind law provides some measure of accountability for the educational system. It is only because of it that we know how well schools are doing.

[Linked Image from ]
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I miss Mickey

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Same here, he was a sweet dude.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I miss Mickey

Lots of us do.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Amen Sean!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I miss Mickey

Yep, he left a big hole.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 75 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,686
Posts18,456,386
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.