-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am heading to Pelee Island for the Annual pheasant aagain this year. 22nd year. Anyone else heading over? Hell of a shoot, lots of fun, and a chance to actually see a huge eruption of pheasants going up all at once after you have boxed them into one end of a field. Like Michigan was back in the 1950's. Worth the money, and you get to hunt in a different country.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where? How much? When? Can a guy bring his own hound? Is this just a driven hunt?

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Details man, we need details!!

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by passport
Where? How much? When? Can a guy bring his own hound? Is this just a driven hunt?

Unless things have changed recently, yes you can bring your dog.

However, remember that you are entering another country, and you will have to have your certificates for the dog(s) including rabies (and possibly some other things). I think the dog may have to have an PIT tag indentity chip or tattoo.

Also, make sure you pay attention to the Canuck firearms regulations if you are bring some shotguns. Leave the handguns at home -- period.

Lastly, make sure that nobody in your party has a DUI conviction within the last 10 years (even if they are NOT driving!) -- these are the equivalent of felonies in Canada and you can be denied entry as a criminal.

If the DUI is within the last 10 years, you can still be admitted, but you need to apply for "rehabilitation". It is nearly automatic, but it does take a bit of time to process.

Sorry for the negativity! Now, having written the above caveats, I can say that it is great hunt with friendly people who appreciate your tourist dollars.

Highly recommended!

John -- who was not always in Sweden smile

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hi to all that responded. Sorry, I have been away from the computer doing old car cruises here in Michigan. Ok, you want details, the cost for the hunt is $226 Canadian with the added value tax include. You will need an Ontario small game license, you will need to bring a previous U.S. license to prove you can hunt. Yes to bringing dogs, they need vacinations papers, and you must register your firearm with U.S. customs prior to leaving (they may ask when you return) and then with Canadian Customs Prior to entry ($25). Everything JPB said above in spot on. I highly recommend the hunt, there is a Pelee Island Hunt Web site you can Google with more info. We have stayed at the Anchor and Wheel the last three years, they do a great job and the food is excellent and plentiful. Lots of fun. The harded part is getting a vehicle pass for your car on the Ferry. This is not a driven hunt, it's like hunting was in Michigan in the 1950's when pheasants were abundant. I have seen flushes of 25 to 30 birds going up at the end of a long push across a field. Fun times infinity if you like to bird hunt. Send me a personal email if you have questions. I am going back for my 22nd year this October. Total of three hunts in October, you hunt on Thursday and Friday.

Last edited by 300Savage; 08/24/14.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (12344mag, 11point, 160user, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 06hunter59, 57 invisible), 2,972 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,878
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.