Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I follow the philosophy of not doing anything to get a police dog sicced on me... smile

Bottom line right there...& even then, they're generally trained to go for the extremities. If I were bitten by a police dog for no good reason, I'm pretty sure I could suffer through the pain till I got the check in the mail.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd have shot the phugger too, probably several times more than once.

MM

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not a cop anymore, but you can bet your sweet ass I'd shoot the sumbish that was stabbing my dog. wink

If you set your dog to attack someone, he would be well within his rights to protect himself using lethal force on the dog and you!

What is wrong with the thinking process of so many in LE? Protect yourself from our vicious attack dog and you die? WTF?

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Poor Rye, I hate any dog being hurt; but what did his handler do take a doughnut break and leave him on his own with the dog killer until it was too late. [Linked Image]

Cop got there and shot too late to save the pup, but I can muster no sympathy for the dog killer.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

UPDATE: Man accused of stabbing police dog identified Tuesday

FROM STAFF REPORTS
PUBLISHED: AUGUST 26, 2014

Oklahoma City police identified Tuesday the man shot and killed by an officer on Sunday night.

Mark Salazar, 22, was shot and killed by Sgt. Ryan Stark on Sunday night. Stark has been placed on administrative leave.

Kye, a 3-year-old German shepherd who was involved in the pursuit, suffered multiple stab wounds Sunday night and had emergency surgery. He experienced complications after surgery and died about 3:30 p.m. Monday, police said.

The service for Kye will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday at First Southern Baptist Church, 6400 S Sooner Road. The services will be conducted with full police honors and it will be open to the public.

{still no word about murder/manslaughter charges being filed against the popo. IMO, regardless of how much of a scumbag was the perp, he did not commit a capital crime.}

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

{still no word about murder/manslaughter charges being filed against the popo. IMO, regardless of how much of a scumbag was the perp, he did not commit a capital crime.}

Your faith in scumbags is greater than mine...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Where are all the folks who cry about their dogs being killed because "he wasn't just a pet, he was like one of our own children?"

Second, leaving the dog completely out of the picture, if a cop is chasing a perp and comes around the corner of a building to find the perp right there holding a knife, the cop damn well ought to shoot.

Lastly, and only as an observation, either the photo above is not one of Officer Stark and Rye, or the description of Rye as a 3-year-old German Shepherd is typical media screwuppery.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Undoubtedly makes ASPC and PETA membership happy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunner500
Now there's a GOOD shoot, but very sorry the dog was killed.

Concur. Wonder where the haters are?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by pal
I'm not a cop anymore, but you can bet your sweet ass I'd shoot the sumbish that was stabbing my dog. wink

If you set your dog to attack someone, he would be well within his rights to protect himself using lethal force on the dog and you!

In case you didn't know, fleeing the popo & trying to evade arrest is a felony in most states & most know it (especially scumbags) running from a K9 is stupid enough, but stabbing it is Darwin award material...

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yep.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I don't think the police want to start playing the "kill my dog and I kill you" game.

Sad about the dog.

Agreed, and I have NO problems with the POS getting smoked. Stab/shoot my dog, and see what happens (whether you've got a badge on or not).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by pal
[size:23pt]...Stark made his way to the man�s location...
officers are trained that they can use lethal force when they are within 21 to 25 feet of a person with a knife if the situation warrants...

The knife wielder (defending himself against a vicious attack) is nowhere near the police? No problem. Police just move in to within the "legal" limit and shoot him.

LE is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Were you there? No! Are you a police officer? If not, you have no business saying anything negative about their actions no matter what they do. STFU!!

Sieg heil!

Forgive him heir fuhrur!

One certainly wonders WTF it is that conservatives are conserving these days. Sure ain't individual liberty.

No wonder we have an infant police state in the making here.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by pal
[size:23pt]...Stark made his way to the man�s location...
officers are trained that they can use lethal force when they are within 21 to 25 feet of a person with a knife if the situation warrants...

The knife wielder (defending himself against a vicious attack) is nowhere near the police? No problem. Police just move in to within the "legal" limit and shoot him.

LE is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Were you there? No! Are you a police officer? If not, you have no business saying anything negative about their actions no matter what they do. STFU!!

Sieg heil!

Forgive him heir fuhrur!

One certainly wonders WTF it is that conservatives are conserving these days. Sure ain't individual liberty.

No wonder we have an infant police state in the making here.

You've reinforced the very point Sherp was making.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by pahick
I follow the philosophy of not doing anything to get a police dog sicced on me... smile

Oh so do I. But I got bit when I was a kid. Dont get me wrong, im ok around dogs. But they get nasty I flip the fook out! Killed my buddies rottweiler when we were partying one night in my 20's. SOB started getting nippy and I told him to get it the fook away from me but he didnt. Friend or no friend, your fookin dog gets at me im gonna kill it.

Your a coward and some sort of moron. You obviously are not worth the life of even a piss poor dog. I hope you die of @$$hole cancer. You kill my dog and you will certainly end up bleeding badly and no one will call an ambulance. If dogs don't like you there is something very wrong with you, trust issues, smell of fear, leftist scum.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Having a funeral for a dog is bizarre.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw

Awesome.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
the dog was a Baptist

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
wheres the outrage from Brian Griffin?

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Just another example of American's penchant for elevating the life of a dog above the life of a human.

I think the shoot was good, but not because the perp was stabbing the dog. It was good because he was fleeing and subsequently found wielding a deadly weapon near a police officer.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (14idaho, 280shooter, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 300_savage, 9 invisible), 1,540 guests, and 729 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.