J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
More than a little ridiculous . . . IMO

[Linked Image]
Oklahoma City Police K-9 officer Sgt. Darren Heath and "Eli" salute the casket during a
funeral service for Kye, a 3-year-old German shepherd at First Southern Baptist Church
in Oklahoma City, Thursday August 28, 2014. Kye was stabbed multiple times by a man
who ran from police on Sunday after a police chase. Photo By Steve Gooch, The Oklahoman

[Linked Image]
Chief Bill Citty during a funeral service for Kye,Stark's 3-year-old German shepherd at
First Southern Baptist Church in Oklahoma City, Thursday August 28, 2014.

[Linked Image]
Honor Guard fold the flag during a funeral service for Kye, a 3-year-old German shepherd
at First Southern Baptist Church in Oklahoma City, Thursday August 28, 2014.

[Linked Image]
Oklahoma City Police K-9 officers carry the casket during a funeral service for Kye,
a 3-year-old German shepherd at First Southern Baptist Church in Oklahoma City, Thursday August 28, 2014.

Wonder where they are going to bury him?

[Linked Image]

Thank you Okie. That's a wonderful tribute to a dog who deserved it. The dog did exactly what he was trained to do.

It is a dog.

And the attempt to humanise the animal is pathetic beyond belief...by all means mourn a good dog, but to go beyond the pale like that is nothing more than a media stunt to grab tears and sympathy from halfwits.

Rampant bambi-ism.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
This is what we all do not know here. If the perp was on his back or stomach stabbing away in defense then this was a bad shoot. If he was upright and able to close distance between himself and the officer then that is a different story. But if, as many of us here suspect, this previously running perp or suspect was on the ground and only fighting for his safety and life then this cop is probably in big time hot water, and rightfully so.

...looks like "many here" are having some sorta' conniption fit / anxiety attack / or nervous breakdown,...posting about these stupid, and totally chitty "Suspicions".

"Suspicions" founded in WHAT !?

You find yourself at close quarters, in a dark place, with a CAR JACKER wielding a bloody knife,...

OOOOooooo, I know,...we'll call Ann Landers, or Miss Manners for Legal advice.

Lotta crazy, and really STUPID crap being posted about this event.

GTC

Still doing your usual drive-by incoherent drunken rambling I see.

I notice that the only time you make any sense on a subject is when you cut and paste someone else's words...go slip back into a bottle you filthy old sot.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell

If the cop shot him for stabbing the dog alone...it is a problem, however, there is no reason to believe that the guy wasn't a threat to the officer also.

This post is pretty much the grist of the matter...and I might be more inclined to the officers side if the dog "funeral" wasn't such a farce.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Community says goodbye to slain K-9

PUBLISHED: AUGUST 29, 2014

Police estimated that more than 1,000 people, including members of the Oklahoma City Police Department, other law enforcement agencies and the public, gathered Thursday at First Southern Baptist Church in Oklahoma City for the funeral of Kye, the police dog who died Monday after being stabbed multiple times the night before, in the line of duty. Kye's handler, officer Sgt. Ryan Stark, wiped away tears as he sat with his wife, Carrie, and daughter, Tate, 5, during the service Thursday. Kye was a 3-year-old German shepherd who had served with the Oklahoma City Police Department for about two years. A man who led authorities on a chase Sunday night stabbed Kye when the dog caught up to him, police said. Stark fatally shot the man, Mark Salazar, 22, of Blue Mound, Texas, after trying to separate him from the dog, police said.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know you have issues with the whole thing but get a copy of the police report, so we can see the official narrative.

Right now we got OrangeOkie said someone else said the police said "Stark fatally shot the man, Mark Salazar, 22, of Blue Mound, Texas, after trying to separate him from the dog"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
This is what we all do not know here. If the perp was on his back or stomach stabbing away in defense then this was a bad shoot. If he was upright and able to close distance between himself and the officer then that is a different story. But if, as many of us here suspect, this previously running perp or suspect was on the ground and only fighting for his safety and life then this cop is probably in big time hot water, and rightfully so.

...looks like "many here" are having some sorta' conniption fit / anxiety attack / or nervous breakdown,...posting about these stupid, and totally chitty "Suspicions".

"Suspicions" founded in WHAT !?

You find yourself at close quarters, in a dark place, with a CAR JACKER wielding a bloody knife,...

OOOOooooo, I know,...we'll call Ann Landers, or Miss Manners for Legal advice.

Lotta crazy, and really STUPID crap being posted about this event.

GTC

Still doing your usual drive-by incoherent drunken rambling I see.

I notice that the only time you make any sense on a subject is when you cut and paste someone else's words...go slip back into a bottle you filthy old sot.

Go cough up more blood clots, sicko.

You oughta' get your azz off that keyboard and seek some medical attention, before you start talking about "sense".
You did EXACTLY the same kinda' posting a year ago, when you were down with the same illness.

Eat chit and howl at the Southern Cross.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I stand by my statement that if the perp was defensless on the ground save for his knife

There's no GLARING irony in those 18 words,....it's more like,.....

....ya' know, I cannot come up with much else beside seriously GIBBLED text.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
I know you have issues with the whole thing but get a copy of the police report, so we can see the official narrative.

Right now we got OrangeOkie said someone else said the police said "Stark fatally shot the man, Mark Salazar, 22, of Blue Mound, Texas, after trying to separate him from the dog"

I'm merely posting the local newspaper reports. The shooting site is just up the road from our office. I'll go take a photo of the shooting site and post here for curiosity's sake. I'm sure the powers that be are going to follow the law. I just can't believe our laws allow a cop can to shoot someone dead because that person is killing a police dog that has attacked him. The church funeral and military honors for a dog is embarrassing in light of the human soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines who have given the ultimate sacrifice.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

I'm merely posting the local newspaper reports. The shooting site is just up the road from our office. I'll go take a photo of the shooting site and post here for curiosity's sake. I'm sure the powers that be are going to follow the law. I just can't believe our laws allow a cop can to shoot someone dead because that person is killing a police dog that has attacked him. The church funeral and military honors for a dog is embarrassing in light of the human soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines who have given the ultimate sacrifice.

I understand.

But does the report - and possibly the actual chain of events indicate the cop saw him knife the dog, then shot him, or the cop attempted to separate the man from the dog and entered harm's way via actions of the assailant?

Two big differences, and its not semantics in this case. It's pertinent, and quite possibly goes beyond the routine questioning of a reporter to one of his sources.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by safariman

You and I both have and love our dogs, but not for one minute would I choose the life of any of my dogs over any human life, even if that life was the current most wanted man in the USA.

We differ there...lots of PURE EVIL sons of bitches in this world. All too often, I'm either reading about or listening to a news report about some "human life" person raping, stabbing, robbing & THEN dousing with gas & setting them on fire while they're still alive.

Were you still living here when Lawrence Singleton chopped up that gal?
You would actually choose to sacrifice one of your dogs in lieu of somebody like him???

I just can't wrap my mind around that...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE

I understand.
But does the report - and possibly the actual chain of events indicate the cop saw him knife the dog, then shot him, or the cop attempted to separate the man from the dog and entered harm's way via actions of the assailant?

Two big differences, and its not semantics in this case. It's pertinent, and quite possibly goes beyond the routine questioning of a reporter to one of his sources.

Spot on.. cool

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 08/29/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by safariman

You and I both have and love our dogs, but not for one minute would I choose the life of any of my dogs over any human life, even if that life was the current most wanted man in the USA.

We differ there...lots of PURE EVIL sons of bitches in this world. All too often, I'm either reading about or listening to a news report about some "human life" person raping, stabbing, robbing & THEN dousing with gas & setting them on fire while they're still alive.

Were you still living here when Lawrence Singleton chopped up that gal?
You would actually choose to sacrifice one of your dogs in lieu of somebody like him???

I just can't wrap my mind around that...

Yes friend, and I mean that term "friend" in the most literal and sincere manner, this is where we differ.

I was not living there when the Middleton murder took place. But, I would like to think, and hope, that if I had to choose between m dogs life - and may now aging old Labradoor Goober is sitting beside me here as I type - and that of Mr. Middleton I would spare him VS even my own precious and member of the family (including being on the bed with me often when I nap) dog.

The difference, I guess, is that I know that even Mr. Middleton has an opportunity to escape hell and become a new creature with all sins forgiven and covered by the blood of Christ Jesus up until his last concious moment on this planet. I know that our amazing God, loves even him and is ANXIOUS to forgive and redeem even him. About 2/3 of the new testament was written by Paul, who when he was Saul the persecuter stood overseeing the long, painful deaths of many Christians via the method of stoning to death. Including the stoning to death of Stephen before his Christ encounter changed and regenerated him. Then we have David, who after committing adultery with the mans wife (and her becoming pregnant with Solomon as a result), had his most loyal General Uriah killed - murder here- to cover up his great sin. Yet God said of him later "This is a man after my own heart" And he wrote the Psalms and other books of the OT.

Goober, fine and loyal dog that he is, faces neither heaven nor hell. Goober has not been given an eternal existence with immense ramifications like we all have. God calls it "The breath of life" and is one key way that we are "Made in his image" Goober will experience a quiet ceasing of existence when he passes on. Which I will honor and mourn appropriately, but not with a high dollar casket or a church funeral.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
More than a little ridiculous . . . IMO

[Linked Image]
Oklahoma City Police K-9 officer Sgt. Darren Heath and "Eli" salute the casket during a
funeral service for Kye, a 3-year-old German shepherd at First Southern Baptist Church
in Oklahoma City, Thursday August 28, 2014. Kye was stabbed multiple times by a man
who ran from police on Sunday after a police chase. Photo By Steve Gooch, The Oklahoman

[Linked Image]
Chief Bill Citty during a funeral service for Kye,Stark's 3-year-old German shepherd at
First Southern Baptist Church in Oklahoma City, Thursday August 28, 2014.

[Linked Image]
Honor Guard fold the flag during a funeral service for Kye, a 3-year-old German shepherd
at First Southern Baptist Church in Oklahoma City, Thursday August 28, 2014.

[Linked Image]
Oklahoma City Police K-9 officers carry the casket during a funeral service for Kye,
a 3-year-old German shepherd at First Southern Baptist Church in Oklahoma City, Thursday August 28, 2014.

Wonder where they are going to bury him?

[Linked Image]

This photo explains the ridiculousness of a "dog funeral with honors"

[Linked Image]
Pennsylvania state troopers salute as the casket of Cpl. Bryon Dickson is brought into
St. Peter's Cathedral on Sept. 18 in Scranton.
(Photo: Eileen Blass, USA TODAY)

Thousands mourn slain trooper; Pa. manhunt continues

SCRANTON, Pa. � Thousands of state troopers and police from around the country turned out in northeastern Pennsylvania Thursday to mourn a slain fellow trooper even as other officers intensified the search for his elusive killer.

As bagpipes played softly, mourners slowly filed into St. Peter's Cathedral, a landmark in Scranton's City Center, to pay their last respects to Cpl. Bryon Dickson.

Dickson was shot Friday outside his barracks in Blooming Grove, 40 miles to the east, by a sniper who critically wounded another trooper and just missed a dispatcher who ran to their aid.

A suspect, Eric Matthew Frein, described by authorities as an anti-government survivalist, faces first-degree murder and other charges. Tight security was in evidence outside the church, with sharpshooters perched on some taller buildings.

More than 1,000 officers � including state troopers and police from New York, New Jersey, Chicago, and Minnesota � stood in formation, shoulder to shoulder, in front of St. Peter's.

The flag-draped coffin of the 38-year-old former Marine was carried through the streets in a silver hearse in a procession led by hundreds of officers on motorcycles, their red and blue lights flashing.

[img]http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/b34...AY/2014/09/18/1411045825000-scranton.jpg[/img]
Scranton newspaper
The Sept. 18 edition of "The Times-Tribune" of Scranton, Pa., banners its top story on the search for Eric Matthew Frein.(Photo: The Times-Tribune)

Troopers in gray uniforms bowed their heads as a Marine honor guard presented the colors and American flag. Church bells rang slowly followed by the mournful sound of bagpipes.

Six troopers carried the coffin into the church followed by Dickson's sons, Bryon III and Adam, and wife, Tiffany.

From the altar, Father Thomas Muldowney, Pennsylvania State Police chaplain, told the congregation, "We gather here in sorrow, disbelief and anger. But most importantly we gather here in faith."

He then raised the "singular question" that he said was on everyone's mind: "Why did this heinous act of violence take place?" He asked why there are evil people in the world "who do not respect human life."

While Muldowney said Dickson's death might beg the question as to whether God exists, he called on them to take note that "Bryon's life was truly a gift from God himself."

"You can remember him � and only that he is gone," Muldowney said, "or cherish his memory and let it live on."

"Although our hearts today are heavy with grief, may we celebrate a life well-lived and find peace as we remember the many happy and special times that we shared with our fellow brother," he said. "May we believe that he is in a place where he will continue to watch over us as we move forward."

State Police Commissioner Frank Noonan said Dickson exemplified the honor code of the state police that call for troopers to "lay down my life as others have done before me, rather than swerve from the path of duty."

"Right now there's one man with one rifle that's committed a heinous crime," he said, "but there are hundreds of other dedicate men that are trying to bring him to justice."

Noonan also had words of comfort for trooper Alex Douglass, who was seriously wounded during the attack that killed Dickson.

"(Y)our state police brothers and sisters will be with you throughout your recovery and will see you through until your return to duty," he said.

Gov. Tom Corbett was among those in attendance. Thousands of others mourned at Dickson's solemn viewing Wednesday in the rotunda of Marywood University in Scranton.

Tom McKee, 48, was one of two Indiana State Police officers who made the 650-mile drive from Lafayette. McKee, a 20-year veteran of the force, said it's important that his force be represented whenever a state police officer is killed.

"Any time a police officer is targeted anywhere it affects us all. Every one of us realizes it could have been us," he said.

State Police Maj. Joseph Reed said he did not know Cpl. Bryon Dickson personally, but knew his work.

"He was an outstanding performer," said Reed, 56, who commands a post two hours south of here. "Every officer is touched by the tragedy. We're sad at the loss of a brother, but also determined to catch his killer."

Blooming Grove's barracks are virtually surrounded by hundreds of acres of the state game land that blankets much of rural Pike County in the Pocono Mountains. But residents across much of northeastern Pennsylvania fear Frein could be hiding in their neighborhoods and planning attacks. Some schools in the area have closed.

"There have been a lot of concerns expressed about community safety and specifically the safety of our children attending schools in the area," State Police Lt. Col. George Bivens said. "While we can never completely rule out an act of violence, I am convinced that Frein has engaged in a personal battle with law enforcement, specifically the Pennsylvania State Police, and will likely stay focused on that fight."

Carey Morgan, 38, who works in Scranton and lives in Moscow, another rural community about 30 miles from Blooming Grove, isn't convinced. The mother of three said her children's schools are open, but after-school activities are canceled and recess is being held indoors. Still, she said she may keep her kids home from school for a few days.

"I'm concerned about where he is right now � it's scary," Morgan said. "And we have barns. So you go out to do your chores and wonder 'Is he in the barn?'"

Bivens acknowledged that residents should "be alert and vigilant." Authorities are urging locals to lock homes, cars and sheds � and report anything that looks suspicious.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
There's far too many who have/will escape the fires of hell.

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

226 members (338reddog, 360bull, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 264mag, 1beaver_shooter, 33 invisible), 1,417 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,455
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.