Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by MarcTaylor
Let's see... Next step - sell the company and start over, dragging the fan base along for another "this is the best hunting gear in the world" ride?

new brand called Kodiak lol soon ...

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have zero doubt they have good products but it is now overseas built but priced for US wallets

They reduce the product cost 400 to 500% off the boat from Asia and pass along a 10% discount to the consumer. It happens every day and will continue......sux but thats the way it is

At half the price they ask they are still probably quadrupling the investment

Either way........I will pass

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Brent13
I don't really care where a product is made, if it's good quality and what I need, I buy it. I have yet to try Kuiu, but know several people who swear by it. I am a Sitka fan, and would bet all their stuff is also made in Asia. Do I wish Kuiu and Sitka were made in the USA, sure, but such is life.

Brent

Sitka just opened a manufacturing facility in Bozeman. Not sure what all they are making here though.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The beauty of free trade at work - if you like a product or dislike foreign manufacture you can vote with your wallet. At super high prices you can make things here if you want despite our administration's seeming hatred of business. Some gear you cant skimp on like boots or optics - clothing I'm hoping to get all bloody anyway - ill buy cheap used garage sale, ebay, craigslist and keep the money instead.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I like and use KUIU clothing. Its spendy yes , but it is quality even-though Asian made , funny its being made by people that shot my father in 1968. A lot of comments about the slim sizing , think its geared toward hunters and hunts where the hunter might be in decent shape. I like N.A. made products , like ARC'TEREX but the prices are looney. I think we are "cannibalizing" ourselves in North America business wise. Even our auto industry doesnt use all american made parts, seems like the only thing we are producing these days that is %100 American is fat people. smile

IC B2

K
KPW Offline
K
Arcteryx, is also made offshore and is over-priced, IMO. I will not buy KUIU due to the manner in which production was quickly moved from Vancouver to Asia.

The finest clothing of this type I have yet used is Westcomb, which IS made here in Vancity.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Arcterex too now? Oh well makes sense , after all Vancouver does have the longest bridge in the world , Van. to china to pakistan smile

Last edited by BCJR; 08/25/14.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by BCJR
A lot of comments about the slim sizing , think its geared toward hunters and hunts where the hunter might be in decent shape.

If being a skinny breadstick is decent shape to you, you may have a point. Believe it or not some people actually have chest, arm, and back muscles. Another thing is sizing should include length which Kuiu sucks big time in.

They make some nice gear but for direct to consumer their prices are high.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks Jason for dropping your phuqing over the top high prices on your foreign made crapy goods� thanks for the too little too late gesture but you can keep your disposable Kleenex clothing line thank you. Didn't you make enough money when WL Gore overpaid you for the last hollywood clothing line you started? (think Sitka)� Hunting to most of us is not a reality TV gig, but keep overcharging for the plastic Ken doll clothes with the Jeffrey Giraffe camo patterns and see where it gets you� good night and farewell. Laffin, HINT! (humor)�

Foxx...

God Bless America!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Somebody call the warden and get this psycho back to the ward. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Everyone

IC B3

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Redfoxx
I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion but wow! Have you personally used kuiu gear? Tested it? I have and find it to be amazing and I will continue to support Jason and his company.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 805
Redfoxx
I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion but wow! Have you personally used kuiu gear? Tested it? I have and find it to be amazing and I will continue to support Jason and his company.

Yes, I've wasted a lot of my hard earned money on it� as you can see in my admittedly over the top and emotional post I am displeased with it to say the least. After happening upon the post by Hairston announcing a price decrease, I guess I sort of over-reacted. I've spent EASILY $1,500, maybe $2,000 on his products in the last two years, all clothing, I'm very unhappy with the performance of pretty much everything. The only products that are worth anything, IMO, are the merino wool base layers, but even these are still overpriced and under constructed. The fabrics are too thin and fragile, and the stitching always seems to come undone. On the jackets and pants, the zippers break, waterproof layers are anything but waterproof and none of it really insulates very well. I have the guide vest, guide jacket, guide beanie, two spindrift jackets, 4 sets of merino base layers in both thicknesses, and the full set of chugach rain gear that I bought used with tags (so new)� So I'm back to my original all wool clothing kit� much heavier, much bulkier, but I can count on it to keep me warm, hold together, and keep my warm when and if it wets out. And my non-breathable $100 Frogg Toggs as light as they are are frankly better rain wear than the KUIU, at a fraction off the price� It's all gone down the river except for the Kuiu merino base layers, and I'll be looking to ugrade on that next year during the winter sale season.

So in closing, please forgive my unprofessional post from last night. It was a little bush league to say the least. I hope this response was a bit more useful. The Kuiu clothing may be ok for occasional use in non-rugged terrain for many� but I've found it to be not very useful for my needs.

God Bless America!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by redfoxx
Originally Posted by 805
Redfoxx

So in closing, please forgive my unprofessional post from last night. It was a little bush league to say the least.

Between this and the post in the Serve and protect thread in the Canada forum, I assume you are an angry drunk??

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Redfoxx
I respect your opinion and have not had a chance to test any of the rain gear yet. I have used the new ultra merino wool and its been great. Also the Tiburon and attack pants have been amazing. I will be using my guide set this coming month. The icon pack I use all the time and love it. I'm sure some people dislike the pricing or some things about the clothing but me personally I love it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ABW....

Anything. But. Wiggys.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't have any of KUIU gear. But If people are complaining that its too rich for their blood. How expensive would it be if it was made here in the states?
Obviously he (owner) believes that he will make more $ by selling more product at lower price vs. selling less at higher cost. Makes sense to me.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
696 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 80 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,948
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.