-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have an opportunity to buy one of these and even though it looks pretty neat it also looks expensive to shoot. It certainly isn't a plinker by my estimation. Does anyone have any experience with one of these and are they worth owning given the price of the pistol and ammo?
Thanks

Last edited by Bull_Elk; 08/25/14.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have one and I really enjoy it!

This is a great video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg9ok2_nM9Q

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One thing I know is that puppy is LOUD! Wear two types of ear protectors when firing.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fotis
I have one and I really enjoy it!

This is a great video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg9ok2_nM9Q

It sure is. No thanks.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It is a PITA to handload for but I enjoy shooting the SOB and especially its accuracy!

μολὼν λαβέ

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'd love to have one, practical or not.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
So what is the big deal with recoating the ammo once you've reloaded it?

Having said that, I think it is a POC cartridge.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My brother in law the Police Sergeant has one. He fell in love with the gun after being issued one when he was doing high profile or dignitary body guard duty. It was given to him as a round that would defeat body armour. He used it to dispatch a deer that he had hit pretty well, but was still wiggling a bit last fall.

To me, the safety and other ergos are too odd and different. Now that RIA has a 1911 pistol with both a 9mm and 22 TCM (22/9mm) barrel/slide/spring kit on a polymer frame... THAT is the pistol I have to have. The 22 TCM is even faster and hotter than the 5.7 round and I would have a gun with a good, tuneable trigger.

Loaded with 45gr or even maybe a 50-52 gr Barnes TSX etc. I could even shoot through body armour if the need ever arose.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You can spray krylon flat finish on them with no problem. Box of 50 costs 27.00. Not too bad at all.

Handloading needs to be done carefully but it can be done. As for defense I only carry factory.

μολὼν λαβέ

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I've had one for a couple of years now. It is a very light, very accurate pistol that is alot more deadly than one would think. Blows up the front half of my 2.5 gallon jugs of water as well as the 158 gr. HP factory ammo out of my .357 Magnum does. Not near the recoil either. Does far better than the 40 gr. HP .22 Magnum ammo out of my Ruger Single Six.
Very touchy to reload. Read the warning advisory put out by Ramshot and Accurate Arms with their loading data. The other thing is that once fired cases have their shoulders moved forward a good bit. That will make their case life pretty short.
I would not fool with handloads that are not carefully tested. The cartriage goes critical easily. If you must shoot through body armor, buy the red box stuff for sale on line.
The loads I've developed with 40 and 45 gr. Sierra Hornet bullets will shoot through two of the above 2.5 gal water jugs end to end. That's 24 inches of water and the plastic container layers. Just what more does one need ? E

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ran into a judge from my district who is also a full 2nd amendment rights guy a couple years ago at BassPro. We got to talking a little in the ammo aisle, as he was buying some ammo for an FNH 5-7. I had shot a friend's a month or so back, so was interested in his experience with the pistol. He told me he was not going to be a victim of any courtroom attack, so always carried it under his robe. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've heard that companies are now making double rifles in 5.7 X 28 as a dangerous game rifle. It's penetrating power is awesome on thick skinned animals.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 45 invisible), 2,099 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,778
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.