Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
B
billd Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Has the quality of Kimber rifle improved on recent production.

Thinking about a 300 WSM Montana.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You'll hear different opinions. I've owned 3, and if I wanted a .300 WSM, I'd buy a Montana. You may have to do a few minor tweaks like bed the action, make sure the mag. box doesn't bind, etc.

But the platform is great. It was built around the WSM cartridge, and it has one of the best factory stocks going.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I bought a .308 Montana 6-mos ago and quality is great. I elected not to send it in for the recall, but fit, form, and function is great! It will shoot bug holes if the nut behind the trigger does their part.

I would not hesitate to buy another.

Good Shooting!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Oh no... not this again.....

Yes, they have had problems....

Yes, they have made some that are good and some that are really good....

That is why they call it Kimber Roulette.... you never know which one you will get.

Now let all the bi$ching and name calling start....

You have the people who have good ones who will never admit they made anything but great ones and everyone else cannot shoot a gun and are not sure even how to load it.... Then you have the others who hate kimber and their poor quality and will not admit they make any that are good...

I have had two... a pistol and a Montana... The pistol would jam bad even with 45 ball ammo, called Kimber and they told me I needed to buy the new modified mags they were now making.... Ugh.. wait... why should I have to buy a replacement if the mags I have are the issue that they sold with the gun?

I then bought a Montana.. Loved the feel of the gun but it would not even chamber a factory round... had to send it back to Kimber and they resized the chamber... then I could barely keep it on a 8.5x11 piece of paper at 100 yards... sent it back.. they tweeked it but by this time I was done with it and sold it....

Then there are those that have good ones... and they shoot great... I just wish I would of bought one of those the first time.....

Has the quality improved... Probably but there are still some of the problem guns out there... it would probably be best to buy new to avoid any of the old ones.

Either way, Good luck

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by billd

Have yet to see a "bad" one,going back to first Production,to the most recent.

Though in fairness,that only accounts for a few dozen samples in the first hand................(hint)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by billd

lol. How many threads are you going to start about this?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Imagination and Pretend are free...don't go crushing those sweet "satisfactions"................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sako

That is why they call it Kimber Roulette.... you never know which one you will get.

Either way, Good luck

^^^^^^ THIS

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd not weigh the inherent attributes of ANYTHING,based on the "critique" of a Drooling Dumb Phuqq.

Hint.................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Should be f hukks. More than one share the sentiment....hint

μολὼν λαβέ

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What happened to Imaginary Pretend Ignore? It sorta ruins it,when you forget to lie about "not being able" to read what I say. Perhaps mention yet again how "REAL" your Pretend is to you and do not forget to mention you "don't care".

Laughing!

Wax eloquent on how a Montana whipped your amazingly STUPID ass,due your "knowledge","experience" and "results".

Might I suggest you fill out yet another Hurt Feelers Report too?!?

Just saying...............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Told you before tell you again. Worked load for 5 of them 3 270 wsm one 7mm wsm and a 325 wsm. One 270 wsm was a tackdriver. Not a single group over 1". The rest were trash.

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You "tell" me lots of stuff and none too "surprisingly" you are a clueless piece of schit in all that you TRY to relate.

Sorta awkward ain't it,because you TOLD me I'm on "Ignore" numerous times too. You poor poor sappy clueless whining phuqq.

You haven't the savvy,to even tell the truth...but don't think them constants ain't FUNNY!

Bless your heart..................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All this because I do not like Montanas. Never disagreed on anything else! LOL laugh

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"All" of what? You have always been and always will be a Clueless Phuqqing Idiot.

You are doing "great"!

Besides being a Stupid Phuqq,you are also a Lying Phuqq and the melding is Funnier Than Phuqq.

Congratulations?...............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh! how sweet of you Lawrence!

μολὼν λαβέ

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Fotis
All this because I do not like Montanas. Never disagreed on anything else! LOL laugh

Fatal flaw? laugh

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
More of an objective overview of her "abilities".

Tough to trump the humor of a Lying Moderator Clueless Phuqq...feigning her first clue...................

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I remember when you could pick up used Montanas around $900. Now people want near new prices for busted up sh#$t. Can we please stop waging such a successful campaign again the Montana haters? Please? Maybe the prices will go down on used. Hell, Can't we join the haters for awhile? Intentionally try to bust the used market and drive the price down?

Just a thought.

Never mind.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I actually picked up a new Kimber MT in 270 Win (yeah, I know) a couple of months ago and finally got a chance to put some rounds through it this past weekend. I had not had a chance to make up any handoads for it, but had some factory Fed Fusion 130s I was going to use to get the scope lined up and get a base line on how the rifle ran. I also had a box of Nosler Factory 130 AB and 150 ABLR to try out as well (this rifle hated the 130 AB load, but showed promise with the 150 ABLR load, at least in factory form). Prior to shooting it, I did got through SAS's/Boxer/BS advice regarding some of the issues which cause accuracy problems with them and shortened the mag box a tiny bit, and the front action screw a tiny bit as well, but the slave bedding seemed pretty good so I did not bed it-yet. I also put in Dyna Bore Coat in the barrel (first rifle with it) just to see for myself what it's all about.

Should have shot it first before I did any work just to get a baseline, but the pics below speak for themselves. The groups were shot with an older Nikon Monarch 3-9x40 UCC in Talley lightweight rings at 100 yds in 90 degree heat and little wind. I'm was planning to switch the scope out to a Leupy 6x36 w/dotz that I ready have, but I'm actually a little afraid to mess with this one too much and ruin whatever mojo it has going on right now.

First group I let the barrel cool about 5 minutes between shots, second group shot one right after another for three shots, third group shot with the 5 minute cool down between shots. These were three shot goups and apparently I kept missing the penny...

This is my third Kimber MT, and all three I've been lucky with so far with no major issues. If you�re worried about Kimber roulette, and don�t have the will to work on it if it has some issues, buy a pre-loved proven shooter and have fun. Just one guy�e experience.

Craig

Attached Images
Group 1 small.jpg (45.01 KB, 230 downloads)
Group 1
Group 2 small.jpg (48.05 KB, 195 downloads)
Group 2
Group 3 small.jpg (46.75 KB, 197 downloads)
Group 3
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

294 members (2ndwind, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 10ring1, 36 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,051
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.