-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The next time one of these events happen, go find out first hand...take pics.

??? Two replies, depending on how you meant it.

Last time I was on University Ave at that location was maybe six months back, with a passel of high school students. But not at 2am Sunday morning.

or...

What, you think I've never seen anyone get stomped by a bunch of guys?

True, the school year just started, so it might take a while before it happens again, and it aint like that happens in front of us every year anyway.... and the worst we've had is broken bones, missing teeth, knockouts and concussions. Weapons are rare too, tho brass knuckles were a fad among that crowd for a while.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In fact I pull extra duty, every day after school, out standing with a radio adjacent to the school grounds PRECISELY where those things used to go down most often, and would again absent a set of eyes and ears with a radio.

At the time none of the other teachers were willing to do it, but hey, must be my Brit working class upbringing, incidents of people getting stomped being sort of a norm there wink

The nice part is some of our thugs actually worry about me now on days when I'm out grin

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Originally Posted by Fireball2
If you made an effort to know a little anything about anyone before calling them out, you might be on the brighter side of enlightenment.

Really? How many Campfire members have you met in person?

So you don't accuse me of guilt by avoidance, a few, like it's any of your business. Relevance? While we're at this, do you need me to post a photo of something I've done gun related to prove I'm-

A) an actual outdoorsman
B) an actual person
C) not a lefty, don't shoot a 270, etc etc etc

How about a bear hunting photo? Those are soooooo manly! I could score some points with the popular crowd too huh? Here ya go BB, I never get tired of this one-

[Linked Image]

Like I said, I owe you nothing. You don't know the first thing about me. Just because you have questions, doesn't mean I need to answer them.

And again, character assassination is the campfire creed. Yawn. stretch.

Knock yourself out.

Last edited by Fireball2; 08/26/14.

LOL
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I was being facetious...maybe do a driveby after one of these events...personally, I think the boy made stupid mistake by even pulling in the lot...shouldn't be that way, but it is, & it's not whiteys fault...BTW, your comment about steelhead seeking out an all white county kind of made me chuckle...I know he was in the coast guard but I don't know what kind of ships/boats he was on nor the racial mix of the crew.

I spent six years in the navy & let me tell you...having to live amongst them in close quarters for extended periods is an eye opening experience. OTOH, I had a pretty good idea of the character of the run off the mill boo before I enlisted...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
...personally, I think the boy made stupid mistake by even pulling in the lot...shouldn't be that way, but it is...

In defense of those poor kids, ya gotta understand how safe Aggieland feels anyhow. This was right across the street from campus. I myself was out very late on that very strip many times, but that was more'n 25 years ago.

.having to live amongst them in close quarters for extended periods is an eye opening experience.

Never saw hardly any until a teenager when I came here to the 'States, but we was only about a twenty minute drive from Harlem and tbe Bronx in the bad old days so ya, inner city behavior was no mystery.

But... three years in a remote African village and most especially, in this military town teaching some of the nicest kids you could hope to meet (we had one just graduate from West Point), with actual caring parents, biases my perceptions somewhat.

Birdwatcher

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by okie
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Dear R. McDonald,

About every three weeks we have to respond to your establishment because a whole bunch of black people are causing trouble. We're pretty sure it's the fault of your black manager. So if you could deal with this issue we'd sure appreciate it. Oh by the way your food is bad too. Except for your french fries. I've never tasted anything as good as your french fries. If my wife had perfume that smelled like your french fries I'd probably never leave my house again.

Sincerely,
College Station

Fixed it...

Fixed it again.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How many Campfire members have you met in person?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I'm guessing the correct answer here is my penis is smaller than yours????

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Although a true statement of fact, it's not actually the correct answer to THIS question.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I do not ever recall meeting any other members, does that mean I no longer exist.

Or does it mean that none of you exist.

GUS...help me out here!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope... Honesty is the right answer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can we ever really know?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Although a true statement of fact, it's not actually the correct answer to THIS question.

Dang it. I try so hard too! I'll never measure up.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nope... Honesty is the right answer.

One thing I've learned with your type, it don't matter the question or the answer, logic plays no part.

I have met a dozen or so, off the top of my head. No I will not list them for you. I've hosted them on hunts, dinners, things like that. Just had Angus1895 and his wife over for a bitchin ribeye BBQ and a bear hunt as a matter of fact. We passed up a pretty nice red and blonde bear, had John shaking his head at me I think! grin

Yes, you finally badgered me into giving you an answer. Yes, I hate myself for caving. grin

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep.
You have no credibility here.
You might think that you do but you don't.
You are a nameless,faceless fool that,for some unknown reason,thinks that you contribute to the Campfire.
Your post count means little to those of us that call the 24HourCampfire our internet home.
You seem to think this is a sandbox that you can crap all over and it's no big deal. You are wrong.
The reasons that you come here and the reasons I come here are completely different,as I pointed out above.
Until you realize that this place is something special,you'll never fit in. You'll continue being a fart in the wind.
That's as clear as I can be and I hope you learn to respect the fact that the Campfire isn't your personal litter box.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can we ever really know?

I met you but I wasn't gonna tell anyone... grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I do not ever recall meeting any other members, does that mean I no longer exist.

Or does it mean that none of you exist.

GUS...help me out here!

I'm obviously not Gus, but what does it matter how many Campfire members that Fireball has met in person?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yep.
You have no credibility here.
You might think that you do but you don't.
You are a nameless,faceless fool that,for some unknown reason,thinks that you contribute to the Campfire.
Your post count means little to those of us that call the 24HourCampfire our internet home.
You seem to think this is a sandbox that you can crap all over and it's no big deal. You are wrong.
The reasons that you come here and the reasons I come here are completely different,as I pointed out above.
Until you realize that this place is something special,you'll never fit in. You'll continue being a fart in the wind.
That's as clear as I can be and I hope you learn to respect the fact that the Campfire isn't your personal litter box.

Wow. I've met God and lived to tell about it.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And I've been talking to an imbecile and everyone knows about it too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can we ever really know?

I met you but I wasn't gonna tell anyone... grin

That's racist.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

163 members (2ndwind, aaronward9, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 30 invisible), 1,933 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,493
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.