24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Having watched him play many times, I don't think he is a "lousy quarterback" - at all. He was a big winner as a QB before the NFL. What percentage of us have done what he has done as a QB? The fact that he has not fit in or is not in demand in the NFL is not an overall determinant of his ability or value.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Paul - It was just an attention getting headline. I don't think he has the accuracy for the NFL. But he is such an impressive young man.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
If he had a drug or adultery problem he'd be a starter.

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Tim Tebow is an impressive young man.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bbassi

Sad, but true.

Also sad, but true, I believe that wearing his faith on his sleeve hurt him in the NFL.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by bbassi

If he were gay he'd be the darlin of the sports world.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I've been playing and watching football for 55 years and one thing I've learned about quarterbacks is that leadership is as important, maybe more important, than talent. When he played for the Broncos this kid was able to inspire a team of veterans to achieve greatness. Even when the Broncos didn't win, we still loved the team and the kid with God in his heart. I agree that he is destined for more greatness in some walk of life.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Players have been thanking Jesus for decades. It ain't anything new.

Tebow just couldn't perform in the NFL. If he could, he'd be playing.

He still may get picked up.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
He tried playing for three different teams. They all knew something the fans didn't.

That being said, not sure if he is worse than Sam Bradford, and with Bradford out...

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by KFWA
I can't figure out why he didn't go play in Canada - Flutie, Moon and Warner did and it worked out for them

Those guys could actually throw the football.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Great guy, not an NFL-caliber quarterback. Not surprising since there are only a few dozen in the world.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Personally I liked watching him play. The way I look at it is folks like Gabbert and Quinn keep getting picked up to be backups and Tebow is better then them IMO (especially as a backup).

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Moon probably threw the football better than anyone. Absolutely perfect spiral, huge arm and incredible accuracy. I feel fortunate to have seen him play. Just an awesome QB.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
As a Bama fan I'm happy to see TT on the Sec network.And I thank God every day that Tebow signed with Flawduh.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The CFL is a poor place for someone that cannot throw. The fields are larger and it is a passer's game.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Let's face it. He was never going to be a great NFL quarterback, which places him in good company with, say...

Johnny Football.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Paul - It was just an attention getting headline. I don't think he has the accuracy for the NFL. But he is such an impressive young man.

Eric - I understand - all good. I am far from expert on NFL arms/accuracy, so can't/don't disagree. I completely agree that he is impressive in many ways even though an NFL team has not seen him as vaulable in their scheme.

Even though I enjoy watching some NFL teams, such football is primarily entertainment and the values and worth of the NFL are merely a speck in the universe of importance.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by JMR40
Tim Tebow is destined for something great on this earth.

Maybe. It won't be in football. There he's destined for obscurity, just a minor "could have been" footnote. Maybe he'll have a place in politics or something like that. He seems like a good dude squandering more good opportunities than most of us ever see. Tragedy of sorts and more than a little foolishness on his part. frown

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I don't think he has ever been accused of being too bright.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

Terry Bradshaw didn't have that initial accuracy, either. I see some similarities between Tebow and Bradshaw. I remember well everyone saying Bradshaw would never make it as a QB.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
294 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 2,033 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,822
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.