Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
kend Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Sold a guy a rifle on GB for $1140 and I'll be getting a cashiers check for $11,400. The bank printed it wrong and he didn't look at it. I thought stuff like that only happened to me. The bank found their error. If it was a USPS money would you have cashed it? I don't think I could, but it would be tempting.

Last edited by kend; 08/28/14.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Of course I wouldn't, regardless of what paper it was printed on.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
GB will note your honesty.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just deposit it and send a money order back for the difference. And when the "cashiers check" bounces, you are on the hook for all of it...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep.. would never, ever cash any check for significantly more than the amount that was owed. Con artists are everywhere.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Something that has never changed...the right thing is just the right thing.

My boss recently sold a Beechcraft King Air for 240k. The buyer sent a signed copy of his contract and the amount said 240 Million.

We got a good laugh, sent it back and he sent in another contact with 240 million. Guy really doesn't pay attention to details.

Well it all worked out and he paid what he was supposed to pay.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by GunGeek
My boss recently sold a Beechcraft King Air for 240k.

Pretty good price. What kind of shape is it in?

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Yep.. would never, ever cash any check for significantly more than the amount that was owed. Con artists are everywhere.

That right there. Don't trust this situation at all; return the money order & request a new one for correct amount, then give that a week to clear before sending firearm.

This stinks. I work in a bank; this stuff happens A LOT.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kend
If it was a USPS money would you have cashed it? I don't think I could, but it would be tempting.

I'm surprised there is even a question about it. I guess it depends a lot on who it is. I know a couple on the 'Fire who would not hesitate to cash it, he'd probably give most of it to the church though.. maybe buy a drag slick as well. smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I probably wouldn't have even noticed ... What's money anyways?

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
If it was a USPS money would you have cashed it?
No. They max out at $1K. wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Seriously?

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, well, at least it was the last time I needed a PMO.
The 11,400 would require 12 PMO's.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SKane
Yes, well, at least it was the last time I needed a PMO.
The 11,400 would require 12 PMO's.

Sorry, my comment was meant for the OP. Yes you are correct on the $1000 limit of a postal money order.

LOL
K
kend Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
I'm not sure why I post here any more and I'm quite sure that simply saying that will ignite the sort of negativity that sparked this response.
I've met a lot of fine people here. I've bought sold and traded with many of you. I've always tried to be honest and do what's right. I've given away stuff that I could well have sold and sold stuff for far less than it was worth. I've also been screwed out of a fair amount of money by some that shall remain unnamed. It's a damn shame that a few guy's here create an atmosphere where others are afraid to voice their opinions.
Those of you that are so high and mighty and above temptation can kiss my ass.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Bet you'll get no takers on that proposition! smile

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Do onto others

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not sure why I post here any more and I'm quite sure that simply saying that will ignite the sort of negativity that sparked this response.
I've met a lot of fine people here. I've bought sold and traded with many of you. I've always tried to be honest and do what's right. I've given away stuff that I could well have sold and sold stuff for far less than it was worth. I've also been screwed out of a fair amount of money by some that shall remain unnamed. It's a damn shame that a few guy's here create an atmosphere where others are afraid to voice their opinions.
Those of you that are so high and mighty and above temptation can kiss my ass.

What am I missing here? Evidently I am in the dark. No matter the reason I am glad, for sake of your own happiness, that the error was corrected.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by GeoW
If it was a USPS money would you have cashed it? I don't think I could, but it would be tempting.

I'm surprised there is even a question about it. I guess it depends a lot on who it is. I know a couple on the 'Fire who would not hesitate to cash it, he'd probably give most of it to the church though.. maybe buy a drag slick as well. smile

Kenjs1 I think he is talking about this kind of response.

Kend I took the question of whether to cash as rhetorical.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Ken is one of the nicest and most honest guys I have met here on the Fire. We have done plenty of swapping, trading and talking through the years. I proudly call him a friend and have invited him to my home, my hunting camps and out-of-state trips. Look forward to spending some time with you in the future Ken. You have helped me and been there for me for years.

Buy once, cry once.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sold a guy a rifle on GB for $1140 and I'll be getting a cashiers check for $11,400. The bank printed it wrong and he didn't look at it. I thought stuff like that only happened to me. The bank found their error. If it was a USPS money would you have cashed it? I don't think I could, but it would be tempting.

no i wouldn't have cashed it, it would be stealing and i despise a thief.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

293 members (257 mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 33 invisible), 1,391 guests, and 1,092 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,607
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.