Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Can't get my info here but if you E mail me I will send it to you. jameswbrmaol.com.
No way to make broad heads to hit the same place as a bare arrow without more tuning. More tuning needed to even get to a field point, fletched arrow.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It is easy to get any broad head to impact the same spot as a field point at any range. Unless the spine is way off, very common today. It is why you see heads so small they will not kill right.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Things are not that simple. Can you go to a 150 gr snuffer or change arrow size because the bow is too strong? Can you change broad heads?
I sent you an E mail with what I found. Hope you get it all. Paper tune, then tune for a broad head, But no broad head will go to a bare shaft and no broad head will go to a field point unless you do what I do. I make any broad head go to the field point.
Everything you stick on the end of an arrow will alter where it hits.
I hope you can make use of the stuff, Easton stole it. I made the mistake of sending it out and some found I was right and took it.
Nobody has ever made a revolver shoot like I do or a ML either. Or a broad head from a bow. Hard work and many years.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Been doing what I do for quite some time. It works. Can get broadheads and fp to same poi all the way out to 60. There's no magic or voodoo to it. There are some broadheads that don't play by the rules. But for the most part..properly tuned bow and shooter, properly spined arrow, and a broadhead that will spin true, will get the desired results. Want to change arrow setup? Retune. Thats why when I tune, I have the arrow/point weight setup run through OT2. I know before I ever start if the arrow combo will work.

Last edited by 280Ackleyrized; 08/28/14.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
Things are not that simple... Nobody has ever made a revolver shoot like I do or a ML either. Or a broad head from a bow.

Amazing... smile

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by MOGC
Things are not that simple... Nobody has ever made a revolver shoot like I do or a ML either. Or a broad head from a bow.

Amazing... smile
Nobody has shot more sub 1" groups at 100 with out of box revolvers as I have. Not me but what it takes, have friends out shoot me now. same as archery. you can't shoot all weight broad heads to the same place without a tune. The difference between a bare shaft with a target point is so far off a broad head you are a fool if you believe it. Ever try a broad head with no fletch? I did at 40 yards and hit the bull once, the next went over the county. Seen it in the sky over 400 yards and still going. can't be done, sorry.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Been doing what I do for quite some time. It works. Can get broadheads and fp to same poi all the way out to 60. There's no magic or voodoo to it. There are some broadheads that don't play by the rules. But for the most part..properly tuned bow and shooter, properly spined arrow, and a broadhead that will spin true, will get the desired results. Want to change arrow setup? Retune. Thats why when I tune, I have the arrow/point weight setup run through OT2. I know before I ever start if the arrow combo will work.

did you get what I sent and can you dispute it>

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Take your arrogance elsewhere and quit crapping on a guys thread.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by GregW
Take your arrogance elsewhere and quit crapping on a guys thread.

Do not want to learn is common. I also developed the lighted bow sight. It is not arrogance, it is hard work.
You use expandable heads to duplicate a field point but try a real broad head. What are those 5/8" heads? Not legal in many states but you can't shoot anything else.
Ignorance is rampant and you show yours well.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Maybe you should look at what 280 said, if it does not shoot right, retune. I gave him info to retune. The man understands and is not stupid. He knows each head is not the same.
Want to bet he will see some truth in it? He did not say I am wrong so I depend on ethics. Hard to find anymore. Might make him better while he uses what I said. Just like gun writers use what I taught them here. Nobody has ever shot more under 1" groups at 100 yards with out of box revolvers as I have. It is loading just like tuning arrows.
Sorry Greg, come here and I will change heads on your arrows to see a huge laugh when you try to hit anything.
I also see that 280 admits the wrong spine will not work. Very strange.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nobody has ever shot more under 1" groups at 100 yards with out of box revolvers as I have.

And how is it you know this to be true? Why not share your bow tuning technique with the rest of us?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
He shared. I'll pass

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just E mail me at jameswbrmaol.com and it is yours. You can find it at the Easton site too. All it takes is the Allen wrench on the limbs.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
He shared. I'll pass

Why? Was I wrong?

Last edited by bfrshooter; 09/01/14.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Dude, I have MY methods that I use and they work. Anyone with any sense knows that when it comes to arrows, weight added up front serves to weaken dynamic spine. Weight added to the rear serves to stiffen it. Length added weakens spine. Length taken away stiffens. I tune a bow to a SPECIFIC arrow spine, length, point weight etc. If owner changes anything, it's on them. I can't guarantee arrow flight with those changes. I didn't read all the stuff you sent mainly because I haven't had time. I use OT2 to run arrow set ups. And within the point weight tuned for, pick your broadhead. With exception of a few that just don't play by the rules, they will go to same POI. That covers everything from mech heads, to slick trick, to muzzy, to German kinetics, to magnus. Now please, if you wish to discuss your tuning methods, start your own thread. There's a button for that. This one is MINE.

Custom Strings/Tuning
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Any one with brains knows if you change arrow length, spine, head weight or head length, you need to change spine or bow weight.
I CAN shoot a range of spines from one weight bow but will be damned if I will tell you how.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dude, I have MY methods that I use and they work. Anyone with any sense knows that when it comes to arrows, weight added up front serves to weaken dynamic spine. Weight added to the rear serves to stiffen it. Length added weakens spine. Length taken away stiffens. I tune a bow to a SPECIFIC arrow spine, length, point weight etc. If owner changes anything, it's on them. I can't guarantee arrow flight with those changes. I didn't read all the stuff you sent mainly because I haven't had time. I use OT2 to run arrow set ups. And within the point weight tuned for, pick your broadhead. With exception of a few that just don't play by the rules, they will go to same POI. That covers everything from mech heads, to slick trick, to muzzy, to German kinetics, to magnus. Now please, if you wish to discuss your tuning methods, start your own thread. There's a button for that. This one is MINE.

Seems as if you follow me and what I found. Why do you dispute? You tune to ONE thing while I can allow the change for another in minutes. You admit one spine and one head so a guy that makes a change he is on his own. I make it easy for the guy to change. You fix him at one thing only. If he varies from what you did, he is lost.
You did not have time to read what I sent you is a stupid mistake.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
How about this...this is MY thread. It is a place to showcase what I do for MY customers. All of whom contacted me by their own free will. It is a place to also discuss things. But do not come in here all butt hurt because someone else rejected/stole or whatever the case YOUR ideas, and try force them on someone else. I'm sure your methods work. But start a thread about them and let's discuss it there.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Mathews Z7 Extreme sent to me by AH64GUY.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Fletched / bareshaft @20 yds

Custom Strings/Tuning
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
FWIW,

This is the third bow I've sent to "Busted Nock", this one was a buddy's bow, and he's out slapping shafts already.

Couldn't be happier with everything Harlon has done to my bows, and the quality of the strings he installed have been outstanding as well. No stretch, no peep rotation, and solid servings on all.

If I don't hit what I'm shooting at...it won't be the fault of the bow.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
101 members (160user, 10Glocks, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,680 guests, and 755 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,775
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.