Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Glad I hunted it when I did. Northern Cameroon is savanah land similar to Tanzania. It had a very good population of game that included lion and elephant. No way I'd book a safari their these days with Boko Harem running around. It's a shame, bucause it was a great and affordable safari locale.

Cameroon says kills 27 Boko Haram militants in border clashes
By Tansa Musa and Lanre Ola
19 hours ago

By Tansa Musa and Lanre Ola

Related Stories

Nigeria troops cross into north Cameroon after Boko Haram attacks base Reuters
Boko Haram leader says ruling Nigerian town by Islamic law Reuters
Nigeria soldiers who fled into Cameroon head home Associated Press
Boko Haram takes over another Nigeria town AFP
Thousands flee to Cameroon after Boko Haram attack in Nigeria AFP
YAOUNDE/MAIDUGURI (Reuters) - Cameroon's army has killed 27 members of Nigerian Islamist group Boko Haram near a northern town, state radio said on Wednesday, in a sign of the growing cross-border threat the militants pose.

The Boko Haram fighters crossed the border into Cameroon earlier this week, after attacking a military base and police station in Nigeria and apparently sending some 480 Nigerian troops retreating across the frontier

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yes, between warring factions and ebola, West Africa is off the menu for now, at least for me. I did Burkina Faso in March, so I'm glad I have the trophies from there on their way.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
How did you like Burkina Faso? Ive been pondering�.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ingwe, it was somewhat different. It seems many of the "camps" in BF were actually designed as vacation spots for French Nationals. The camp we were in had a pool, large open bar, and probably 12-15 round cottages, which would represent far more hunters than the camp and area could support. The game is there, and as long as you go in Dec to mid-march, it will be comfortable. After that, the heat is oppressive. Here's some animals I took there.

Western Buff
[Linked Image]

Roan
[Linked Image]

Western Hartebeast
[Linked Image]

I also took a Kob, and saw Hippo, Lion, and a few other animals.

The daily rate was a bit high, but trophy fee of $1,000 USD or so per animal made up for it. They do not use trained PHs, but rather use folks from the local tribe who know the areas.

Last edited by Biebs; 08/28/14.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Biebs,

Great animals there. I am obsessed with hunting Roan and Western Africa sure looks like the most economical option for that specie.

Interesting to hear about the PH situation. All of the safari operators I have researched use ACP-licensed PH's, mainly French. Did you go more of the "chasse-libre" route in BF?

I'm becoming more tolerant of intolerant people.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cameroon is definitely sounding a little dicey.

I'm booked for January of '16 so hopefully it calms down before then.

Nice photos, Biebs!

Love the roan.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Here's a Western Kob...forgot him.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
im obsessed with West Africa, wish there were more english books written on it. i swear i have half of them and i dont have that many. not like ill ever get to hunt there though but its fun to day dream....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by FishN4Eyes
Cameroon is definitely sounding a little dicey.

I'm booked for January of '16 so hopefully it calms down before then.

Hope it gets better over there before you go buddy!!!

Last edited by LateBloomer; 09/01/14.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 15 invisible), 2,228 guests, and 748 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,665
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.