Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Apparently seething with authoritarian hubris, President Obama is seeking to wave his magic �pen and a phone� once more to undo legislatively-passed laws and set the stage for allowing Hawaii to secede as a state.
For decades, the State of Hawaii has vied for the right to return to being a sovereign kingdom. The chain of islands has a fascinating and rich history as a kingdom, but was adopted as a state in 1959. Multiple attempts by Hawaiian lawmakers to return Hawaii to a kingdom have failed and in recent years, Former Senator Daniel Inouye and Senator Daniel Akaka, Democrats senators from Hawaii, have pushed the Native Hawaiian Recognition Act- an act that would restore Hawaii to a kingdom run by ethnically native Hawaiians.

As one might expect, Congress has routinely defeated this legislation. A 2007 DOJ statement to the Senate highlighted the absurdity of the proposed law and noted,
�Moreover, S. 310 effectively seeks to undo the political bargain through which Hawaii secured its admission into the Union in 1959. On November 7, 1950, all citizens of the Hawaiian Territory � including native Hawaiians � voted to seek admission to the United States. See, e.g., Pub. L. No. 86-3, 73 Stat. 4. By a decisive 2-1 margin, native Hawaiians themselves voted for statehood, thus voluntarily and democratically relinquishing any residual sovereignty to the United States.�
Obama, who grew up in Hawaii (amongst many other places), appears sympathetic to this plight and his Department of the Interior has issued an Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to overrule the will of Congress.

What the notice proposes is enacting a �government-to-government relationship between the United State and the Native Hawaiian community,� allowing the government of Hawaii to run as a kingdom dominated by a racial hierarchy, with native Hawaiians being in charge.

Obama�s crusade, however, is fraught with legal complications. Aside from the obvious fact that such decisions are not the domain of the president, but rather the legislative body, Obama�s actions would likely violate 15th Amendment protections as well as establish a precedent that states can secede in the pursuit of instituting a government centered on racial hierarchy- an obvious violation of innumerable tenets of our government and society.

In late May, TPNN reported:
The policy proposal, an Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, states:

�The Secretary of the Interior is considering whether to propose an administrative rule that would facilitate the reestablishment of a government-to-government relationship with the Native Hawaiian community.�

The document claims that the goal is �to more effectively implement the special political and trust relationship that Congress has established between that [Hawaiian] community and the United States.�

What this does is essentially create a two-tier system based on race in Hawaii. It will afford separate taxes and law enforcement to one race and another set of policies will govern another race.
Since then, the Department of the Interior has endured a barrage of push-back from legislators and other assorted bureaucrats who have maintained that not only is this a terrible idea, but one that is inherently unconstitutional. Under Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution, Congress, not the president, has the authority to recognize tribes.

In fact, Obama�s head of Indian Affairs at the Interior Department, Assistant Secretary Kevin K. Washburn, testified before a House subcommittee that this administration did not �have the authority to recognize Native Hawaiians.� Washburn claimed that �we would need legislation to be able to proceed down that road.�

Still, despite having no Constitutional authority, the Obama administration is continuing to push the policy change that could have far-reaching effects. It is unclear if even the Congress has the authority to allow such policies; it is, however, certain that the executive branch possesses no such powers.

While it is far from certain that Hawaii will be granted the right to secede, what such policy shifts are aimed at is creating a wider divide between races and unapologetically implementing a racial hierarchy with native Hawaiians at the top.

At a time when the most divisive president in history pretends to be interested in equality and egalitarian beliefs, it�s nauseating to see his administration stoke the flames of racial prejudice and seek to codify racial supremacy in law.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The U.S. stole Hawaii fair and square.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
The U.S. stole Hawaii fair and square.

Hawaii for the Haoles.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Will he let the rest of us secede too? Yippee!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Yeah, really.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
last time a state tried that, it didn't work out too well

if they want to bolt I'm all for it but whatever benefits they get from the federal government would have to immediately cease.

That would include FEMA, Homeland Security, DOE, etc.,

Last edited by KFWA; 08/29/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We could do with less welfart dimocraps.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And people say I'm wearing too much tin foil when I say he will not leave the White House at the end of his tour.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KFWA
last time a state tried that, it didn't work out too well

if they want to bolt I'm all for it but whatever benefits they get from the federal government would have to immediately cease.

That would include FEMA, Homeland Security, DOE, etc.,
+1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by derby_dude
And people say I'm wearing too much tin foil when I say he will not leave the White House at the end of his tour.

And I say he wants to leave now. Wants two more years of the failed mess he has made about as much as he wants a poke in the eye with a bicycle spoke.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I could see Hawaii immediately being overrun by the Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, Russians, or even the Arabs. I would think it would be a ridiculously naive strategic move to give up Hawaii.

LOL
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

Yeah, I think this could set a good precedent.

Though I"d rather us stick together and get rid of all the liberals and democrats in office... and a lot of the republicans too.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

And I say he wants to leave now. Wants two more years of the failed mess he has made about as much as he wants a poke in the eye with a bicycle spoke.
i agree and will add that I don't think he will last through his second term.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Let'm leave and he can be their little "King"; that's if he doesn't figure out some way to declare Marshall Law and cancel the next election. Congress would have to approve that, so that probably wouldn't happen. Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't he declare Marshall Law with backing from the military; even less likely to happen. Nauseating to even think about............ sick

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Toddly

i agree and will add that I don't think he will last through his second term.

Sure he will. As long as his Praetorian Guard is happy with him he is safe. I see no evidence that the Praetorian Guard is upset with him.

Being Emperor is the best gig he's ever had or ever will have. He won't willing leave the best gig he's ever had.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 257Deland
Let'm leave and he can be their little "King"; that's if he doesn't figure out some way to declare Marshall Law and cancel the next election. Congress would have to approve that, so that probably wouldn't happen. Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't he declare Marshall Law with backing from the military; even less likely to happen. Nauseating to even think about............ sick

The Emperor has shown that Congress is ineffective. The Emperor doesn't need no stinking Congress for anything. He has proven that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How about instead of this idea, he ends all racial recognition in the US and actually accomplishes something positive. No more indian reservations, no more civil rights based on race, just Americans and those who aren't. Might be a good start to getting rid of the millions of non-Americans that are here illegally.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The chance that will happen is about as minuscule as Hawaii leaving the Union.

We need a new President.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

But Hillary won't let him.

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
will this in any way affect my ability to procure the tasty and wholesome macadamia nut products that i have come to rely upon?

My diploma is a DD214
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (14idaho, 280shooter, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 300_savage, 9 invisible), 1,540 guests, and 729 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.