Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Slavek Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I just bought my first Winchester rifle. It's late 50s Model 70 chambered for svelte .300 H&H magnum. Now I finally get to use some of that Kynamco ammo I have been holding on to. smirk

BP-B6

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Man, that sounds sweet! Post pics!

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry to hear about your misfortune................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Slavek
I just bought my first Winchester rifle. It's late 50s Model 70 chambered for svelte .300 H&H magnum. Now I finally get to use some of that Kynamco ammo I have been holding on to. smirk
SAAWWWWWEEEEETTTTT!!! cool

Here is a pic of my Pre '64 M 70 .300 H&H.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I use 200 gr Nosler Partition Semi-Spitzer in it.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Sorry to hear about your misfortune................

Opinions Vary. LOL

Slavek,

Enjoy your rifle,

I sure enjoy mine.......

http://www.reloadersnest.com/article_300hh_oct2803.asp

JAFO,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The .300H&H is skookum.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's tough to whoop,in a Turd Polishing Comedy Tour...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I had a .300 H&H in a Win M70�push feed.

It was the BEST�.. grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You ain't gonna trump the humor of the above Camo Clad Turd...rocking the boogered Weavers,in all it's "splendor".

Just saying..................(grin)

Slavek Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It had dust in crevices and unturned screws plus no recoil pad or other alterations so I bought it. I think I would have bought it even if I didn't already have ammo available. Old rifles are more appealing in odd calibers. I put it on layaway and will post pics when I pick it up.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I stand corrrected.

You just "won" with the notion of having to put a Trashed Turd on phuqqing layaway.

Wow!...............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you do realize Stick that if everyone had the same taste you wouldnt have any Kimbers to play with cause wasnt that long ago you were only interested in their near opposite as far as action features...

i love my Kimber Montana but it aint THE answer to all problems or tastes and while i do grab it when i head out the door most the time it doesnt follow me all the time cause i am a rifle loony and like using other stuff.....and hell the only reason i settled on the Montana was weight and the stock fits me so the balance is good....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Slavek Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I stand corrrected.

You just "won" with the notion of having to put a Trashed Turd on phuqqing layaway.

Wow!...............

It has typical Winchester strait grained stock with red stain and old varnish used in late 50s manufacture. I think the wood came from Missouri Breaks. The rifle handles well and seems to be pretty well put together. Frankly it compares very well to anything made today for same money. The nearest competitor is Czeska Zbrojovaka sporter.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I reckon you gotta tell yourself something.

Personally,I'd start with the truth,based upon fact(s).

Hint..............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rattler
you do realize Stick that if everyone had the same taste you wouldnt have any Kimbers to play with cause wasnt that long ago you were only interested in their near opposite as far as action features...

i love my Kimber Montana but it aint THE answer to all problems or tastes and while i do grab it when i head out the door most the time it doesnt follow me all the time cause i am a rifle loony and like using other stuff.....and hell the only reason i settled on the Montana was weight and the stock fits me so the balance is good....

Odd,I don't recall having cited ANY rifle.

Did I think highly of the Kimber Montana,prior to their being Invented? Nope. Did I immediately appreciate their splendor,at inception? Yep.

Hell...I may even have more than one rifle.

Laughing!...............

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Slavek
I put it on layaway and will post pics when I pick it up.

Good on ya!

I pop into my favorite LGS, and a pawn shop or three, a couple times a week. Never can tell what you might find that you can't live without.

I keep a couple lay-aways going at all times. Acts like a forced savings plan. Instead of buying that coke or $7.00 fast food lunch, I'll keep in mind that the faster it is paid for the soon it will be mine to fondle.

What's the old saying, "Inch by Inch, its a cinch".

JAFO,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 08/30/14.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I believe the saying to be: "Turds don't polish".

Hint..............

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Congratulations on getting a fine rifle. I have a Model 70 chambered in 300 H&H that was made in 1956. I like the combination.

μολὼν λαβέ
Slavek Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It compares favorably with modern wooden-stocked Rugers, Remingtons, and CZs. The only downside is if one doesn't have ammo on hand it is difficult to locate and expensive when found.
The ones from 50s have raised comb which helps when shooting using a scope.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I believe the saying to be: "Turds don't polish".

Hint..............

Which in reply, if someone were of such mind, they could point out, that with most of your rejoinders these days, you seem to be polishing your rep for being such.

JAFO

GWB

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
244 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 160user, 257 roberts, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 1,865 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,800
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.