Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Brass and dies are relatively easy to find. Reloading the 300 H&H is a breeze.

JAFO,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
BP-B6

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Big Stick

You just "won" with the notion of having to put a Trashed Turd on phuqqing layaway.

laugh

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by Slavek
I put it on layaway and will post pics when I pick it up.

Good on ya!

I pop into my favorite LGS, and a pawn shop or three, a couple times a week. Never can tell what you might find that you can't live without.

I keep a couple lay-aways going at all times. Acts like a forced savings plan. Instead of buying that coke or $7.00 fast food lunch, I'll keep in mind that the faster it is paid for the soon it will be mine to fondle.

What's the old saying, "Inch by Inch, its a cinch".

JAFO,

GWB

I called my LGS yesterday and asked if there was anything "new and exciting" well,there is,a Interarms Mark X Mini-Mauser in .223 Rem. Going to go look at it this morning and drool over it. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
I called my LGS yesterday and asked if there was anything "new and exciting" well,there is,a Interarms Mark X Mini-Mauser in .223 Rem. Going to go look at it this morning and drool over it. wink

Yep,

Usually 20% down till they get to know ya and know that you're good for your word, then what-ever down. Take care of the indians rather than the chiefs, let 'em know what ya' like and they will call you and put the item back till you show up.
Works like charm.

Good luck today.

JAFO,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Point out where you "think" I'm "mistaken".

It will be funny!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You, sir, are "mistaken" in your belief that the sun rises and sets in your arsehole. Hint-- get a life!

Last edited by gnoahhh; 08/30/14.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm "mistaken" in nothing...mainly because I'm afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.

You Clueless Drooling Dolts are a riot..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm "mistaken" in nothing...mainly because I'm afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.

You Clueless Drooling Dolts are a riot..............

I just figured out what the Handle Big Stick stands for...BS
(Hint..............)

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are at the mercy of your means,abilities and comprehension...which are poignantly reflected in "all" their glorious "splendor",due your "knowledge","experience" and "results".

Congratulations?

Drool on..................

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Yep,

Usually 20% down till they get to know ya and know that you're good for your word, then what-ever down. Take care of the indians rather than the chiefs, let 'em know what ya' like and they will call you and put the item back till you show up.
Works like charm.

Good luck today.

JAFO,

GWB
Yup,they called me a couple for a Pre '64 M 70 .375 H&H and this Pre '64 Featherweight .30-06.

[Linked Image]

When they called on the Featherweight I passed on it. But,a month later I had it on layaway. The clincher was picking it up and shouldering it.

The .375 H&H I passed on it as it was a little to much money.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I had an absolutely perfect pre-64 model 70 in 300 H&H, it is one of the few rifles I truly regret selling. Unfortunately someone offered me so much for it that I sold it, as usual the money is now gone and so is the rifle.

Of the magnums I have owned the 300 H&H was the easiest to shoot of all of them. Disregard the naysayer and enjoy yours, you will find that they are a great rifle.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice M70 there elkhunternm.

When one came with a pad I took it as the original hard plate hurts.

Too bad the old big stick is back. He adds little but profanity.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dumb Don,

Did you yet again "forget",about Imaginary Pretend Ignore? I'm "surprised".

Laughing!.................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe the saying to be: "Turds don't polish".

Hint..............

Which in reply, if someone were of such mind, they could point out, that with most of your rejoinders these days, you seem to be polishing your rep for being such.

JAFO

GWB

LOL! grin

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The H&H is the schittiest of the Big 30's on the belted hull. It has the greatest length,for the least capacity...which is always a piss poor trade,due to COAL.

Stock design is horrid and they are heavy,but they do make some racket which cheers some folks up..............

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Slavek: congrats on the 300H&H. Great old rifle and cartridge. I'm still kicking myself for selling mine.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Never having had a need for (nor will I ever) a bone crushing big fat magnum cartridge, I will admit to a secret hankering for a .300 H&H M70. Congrats to the OP on acquiring his- no matter how he had to do it, it's his business not ours.

Model 70s just have that certain "something" that defines what a classic rifle should be. Granted, they have their faults and don't possess the fine characteristics of today's state-of-the-art rifles, but they do have the ability to call up a different time period when artistry and aesthetics meant something in an ever increasingly "modern" world. They, along with the likes of pre-war custom Springfields, pre-1960 Savage lever guns, classic single shots, etc. are miniature time machines ready/willing/able to transport us back to a simpler time. High tech precision surely has its place and is fascinating in its own right, but at some point one must ask just how much precision/accuracy do I really need to enjoy my hobby.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What they have is heavy concession,coupled with a heavy price tag and the culmination bears little fruit.

A "high tech" rifle is still an amazingly simplistic device...which is a constant that flies over many pointy heads. I find it fascinating,that one could concoct such a amazingly STUPID ruse,which factored "too much" precision/accuracy.

It is a simplistic fact,that one can yield greater rugged reliability for less jingle and in a vastly superior handling/balancing parcel,that also happens to shoot softer.

Those who "do" the least,Whine the most and are the fastest to make STUPID "decisions".

Hint...................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big Stick,

Please try to improve your language. Your just adding insults and profanity to the sport we all like.

You know stuff about guns, hunting and take good pics.

Thank you.

S99

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dumb Don,

I'll feign my "surprise",that despite the grandiose fanfare of your "dreaded" Imaginary Pretend Ignore...that you lie out your clueless ass to boot. Congratulations?

Rest assured,few folks could begin to compromise integrity,in the manner you can,by Pretending you don't. Hint.

You are always going to be best served,by setting in the corner sucking your thumb,while doing your best not to schit your pants.

GREAT time to start taking notes and applying same.

Hint................

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
664 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 12308300, 75 invisible), 2,746 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,640
Posts18,399,000
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.